Windows 10: Error 5 installing or uninstalling printer

Discus and support Error 5 installing or uninstalling printer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My printer suddenly stopped working from my computer but it works fine from other computers. In Devices and printers the printer shows but if you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JimPattison1, May 20, 2020.

1. Error 5 installing or uninstalling printer

My printer suddenly stopped working from my computer but it works fine from other computers. In Devices and printers the printer shows but if you click on it it says driver unavailable. When trying to install the driver or uninstall the printer software I get this error 5

Error 5 installing or uninstalling printer 4c343582-42ba-40a7-b5a9-723d44ed1857?upload=true.jpg I am the only user on this computer and show as an administrator. If I try to delete this folder or rename it I get another error that says I need System permission.

Any ideas on how to go forward?

Thanks

Jim

:)

JimPattison1, May 20, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, May 20, 2020
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Can't share printer—getting error message

Not working... I see the printer, but when I go to add it, I get this messge: "Windows could not connect to the printer (error 0x0000000d)."

I installed the 32-bit drivers for it and printed something out from the pc the printer is connected to, and I went to the additional drivers page and added drivers for 64-bit, and when I went to add the printer on the other machine, it copied drivers over, but after that I got the error message listed above...

4. Error 5 installing or uninstalling printer

Win 10 - Uninstall/Print Problems

Hi,

I appreciate for trying the steps to uninstall the printer.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting, I would need little information on the issue.

• Is the printer connected through wired or wireless?

• When you say “uninstall/remove device from system part just hangs with a green bar that continues blissfully” what exact error message/error code do you receive?

• Are you the admin of the computer?
    Let’s follow the steps below to uninstall the printer.

As an initial steps, I suggest you to try uninstalling the printer application through Programs and Features and check if it helps.

• If your printer connects to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.

• Search Windows for programs and features, then click Programs and Features in the list of results.

• In the list of installed programs, click your HP printer name, then click Uninstall or Yes.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the software removal.

• Restart the computer.
    If the issue persists, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Reference: HP Printers - Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows) | HP® Customer Support

Hope this helps you. Do reply if you need further assistance on Windows 10.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Error 5 installing or uninstalling printer

1. Error 5 installing or uninstalling printer - Similar Threads - Error installing uninstalling

2. Windows update Install error - 0x800f020b for uninstalled printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update Install error - 0x800f020b for uninstalled printer: Windows keeps trying to download a driver update for a printer that was previously uninstalled. How do I get Windows to stop trying to download this driver, and how do I fix whatever issue is prompting Windows to download this driver in the first place?...
  3. Windows update Install error - 0x800f020b for uninstalled printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update Install error - 0x800f020b for uninstalled printer: Windows keeps trying to download a driver update for a printer that was previously uninstalled. How do I get Windows to stop trying to download this driver, and how do I fix whatever issue is prompting Windows to download this driver in the first place?...
  4. Can't uninstall SpyHunter 5

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't uninstall SpyHunter 5: I downloaded a game on google, I never got the game a few days later I had an application called SpyHunter 5 I searched it up, I found out it was an antimalware service. I tried uninstalling it, since I had never uninstalled it. I looked at task manager it said that my disk...
  5. Printer installation fails, error 5

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer installation fails, error 5: I had some power issues with my PC and removed it fro checking and after that the printer wasn't working so I went to re-install the printer but it fails every time with same error [ATTACH] It installs the Multi-function device as a scanner only and I can't update the...
  6. Unable to uninstall Spyhunter 5

Unable to uninstall Spyhunter 5: I've been in a constant battle trying to delete the thing, I can't just out right delete via folders because im unable to force close a taskSpyhunter Product. because I don't have permissionim the administator. And using the actual uninstaller, via programs and features, it...
  7. Uninstalling a printer.

Uninstalling a printer.: I replaced my Epson XP-4100 with an HP printer but when I go into Control Panel, uninstall a Program and CL on uninstall, it won't do so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalling-a-printer/e3471560-ea18-40c0-9cf1-11ed26c59793
  8. Can't Uninstall Spyhunter 5

Can't Uninstall Spyhunter 5: Not sure how this got on my computer in the first place, but now I can't get it off. When I get to the page where I'm supposed to be able to click "continue to uninstall" the option is just not there. [IMG]...
  9. printer uninstall

printer uninstall: I am trying to uninstall a printer from my laptop and it is froze up saying removing device for over an hour now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-uninstall/09c980b0-664e-43ca-a6d8-c5d74e040a4c
  10. updates uninstall printer

updates uninstall printer: When updating to creators 1703 and 1709 both times it in-installed my printer. I had to reinstall the printer both times. The printer is a HP office jet 4500. How can I prevent this from happening in the future. Note even though I deleted the four MS printers that it seems...