Windows 10: Error 6118 when attempting to save image file to network location

Discus and support Error 6118 when attempting to save image file to network location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All, I am attempting to save an image file from my reference machine to a specified network location. Unfortunately, I keep receiving: Error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ahelton, Feb 22, 2017.

1. ahelton Win User

Error 6118 when attempting to save image file to network location

Hi All,

I am attempting to save an image file from my reference machine to a specified network location. Unfortunately, I keep receiving:
    It would appear, after doing some research, that the Net Use command queries a network for systems with the same workgroup name. Therefore, when attempting to use the Code: Net Use D: \\Server\directorylocation[/quote] command, it's imperative that both the reference system and the server system are on the same workgroup (or domain if you have domain server I assume). I don't have a domain server and my organization is quite small, so we just use workgroups to organize our systems.

winPE appears to use the default workgroup name of workgroup. My server system has a different, custom-set workgroup name. I have confirmed that changing my server system back to the name workgroup allows my batch script to run and complete properly.

My question is whether or not there is a way to change the workgroup name in winPE so that I don't have to change the name of my server system every time I want to image some computers? Or perhaps some sort of other work around?

Thank you ahead of time for any and all help.

:)

ahelton, Feb 22, 2017

2. Game Error

Error 6118 when attempting to save image file to network location [​IMG]
    '

It says that

AsadulloKurbonov, Feb 22, 2017
  3. Error Message when Creating a System Image Using Windows 10 OS

I am trying to create a system image using my Windows 10 OS system image creator. I am trying to save it to my WD My Cloud storage, which I've already setup my File History to run to.

When 'Selecting a Network Location' I keep getting this error message 'The network path was not found. (0x80070035)'

ÉliseBlankenship, Feb 22, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Have you tried using IP instead of the name assume it's on same subnet

Samuria, Feb 22, 2017
  5. ahelton Win User
    I have not. I will give that a shot and see if that resolves the issue.

ahelton, Feb 23, 2017
  6. ahelton Win User
    It works! Thanks for the suggestion.

ahelton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Error 6118 when attempting to save image file to network location - Similar Threads - Error 6118 attempting

2. Default new image save location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default new image save location: I have recently started getting a problem in my normal workflow - I work with several different photo editing apps including Photoshop, NX studio, Fastone image viewer etc - I'll work on images and then save the results with a new file name reflecting changes or to help...
  3. Default new image save location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default new image save location: I have recently started getting a problem in my normal workflow - I work with several different photo editing apps including Photoshop, NX studio, Fastone image viewer etc - I'll work on images and then save the results with a new file name reflecting changes or to help...
  4. Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files": Hi, allA customer of ours is having this issue when saving to a network drive area. I have already tried -Updated all drivesInstalled all Windows updatesUpdated EdgeUpdate Adobe AcrobatDone an online Office repairchkdsk C: /fsfc /scannowAny suggestions appreciated....
  5. Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files": Hi, allA customer of ours is having this issue when saving to a network drive area. I have already tried -Updated all drivesInstalled all Windows updatesUpdated EdgeUpdate Adobe AcrobatDone an online Office repairchkdsk C: /fsfc /scannowAny suggestions appreciated....
  6. Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. network error when attempting to open an .exe file from network share

network error when attempting to open an .exe file from network share: When attempting to open a .exe file from a network share I am getting the error below . This only occurs for '.exe' extension files over a network share. I can map the drive or go to the folder path and receive the same error message. I am able to open if I copy an .exe file...
  8. Default save locations for new images

Default save locations for new images: Hi Every time I try to save a new image, windows tries to put it in documents I want to either put it on the desktop by default choose a location and have subsequent files save to the same location like apple Can anyone help please? Thanks...
  9. When I attempt to save a image save a image as in a browser, it crashes sometimes.

When I attempt to save a image save a image as in a browser, it crashes sometimes.: When I attempt to save an image save an image as in a browser, it crashes sometimes. The app icons below in my toolbar go invisible minus a few and the browser doesn't allow for saving the image or any image still for a while until the file explorer randomly pops up later and...
  10. Locating saved files

in Windows 10 Support
    Locating saved files: Windows 10 seems to have a mind of its own when I save files. I use "Save as"the first time and expect it to continue saving to the same location that I specified initially. But no, click on "Save" and it saves it in any one of a number of places so I end up with several...