Windows 10: Error: -69845 while accessing external hard drive on MAC

Discus and support Error: -69845 while accessing external hard drive on MAC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I am having troubles with my external 1tb toshiba HD. I was transfering some files one day and then when I conected again to my MAC it said that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HRH QueenElizabeth III, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Error: -69845 while accessing external hard drive on MAC

Hi

I am having troubles with my external 1tb toshiba HD. I was transfering some files one day and then when I conected again to my MAC it said that couldn´t recognize the HD.

The light is blue on the disk. I go to disk utility and I can see it there, but firts aids says that can not restore it. I have used recovering programs but since I have 1tb of information when recovering I can not get the results I want.

With this recovering programs I see that all my data is intact inside, which makes me think that there´s something with the disk that is wrong when reading.

Can somebody help me please??

Thanks regards

***Original title: Error: -69845***

:)

HRH QueenElizabeth III, Oct 28, 2018
  2. twynog Win User

External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Oct 28, 2018
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    How to use Mac formatted external hard drive on Windows?

Hi,

Since the external hard drive was formatted for Mac and the only way you can access it is by using a third party tool, we suggest contacting Apple support to further assist you.

Thanks.

Paola Gar, Oct 28, 2018
  4. Error: -69845 while accessing external hard drive on MAC

Location is not available F:/ is not accessible. Access is denied. External hard drive

Hi,

Most of the time, when your external hard drive shows that error message, it suggests that you don’t have the privilege of accessing to the disk partition. We need to get a permit to take ownership of the drive. Follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click your hard drive, then select Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click Advanced, then select Edit.
    • On the Owner tab, modify the ownership of the specified account.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Martin Bar, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

Error: -69845 while accessing external hard drive on MAC

1. Error: -69845 while accessing external hard drive on MAC - Similar Threads - Error 69845 while

2. frequent error trying to access external hard drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    frequent error trying to access external hard drives: My wife's Windows 11 computer, a Dell Optiplex 7080 micro, has three external USB hard drives connected to it. She uses them for backup of particularly important files.Intermittently, but far too often, when she goes to save a file on one of these drives, she'll get a small...
  3. frequent error trying to access external hard drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    frequent error trying to access external hard drives: My wife's Windows 11 computer, a Dell Optiplex 7080 micro, has three external USB hard drives connected to it. She uses them for backup of particularly important files.Intermittently, but far too often, when she goes to save a file on one of these drives, she'll get a small...
  4. Accessing c drive on external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing c drive on external hard drive: I really don't know how to explain this. But I have 2 computers. A desktop, and a laptop. The desktop had a lot of dust and one of the fans has blown and an electrical smell from the fan area started. I turned the computer off right away.Later, I removed the hard disk drive...
  5. External hard drive access denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive access denied: I cannot access my external hard drive. I was able to previously, after creating a new volume using Disk Management. I moved about 500GB of personal data and since I was able to access it, I deleted the original copy, so what's in the drive is the only copy of the data and I...
  6. External Hard Drive No Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External Hard Drive No Access: My external Seagate Backup Plus Drive shows up as E:\ when I plug it in but is not able to be accessed. I could see under right click properties that it was an NTFS drive and the name but zero for used, free, and capacity. I could get in from the command prompt and got one...
  7. Error: -69845

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error: -69845: Hi I am having troubles with my external 1tb toshiba HD. I was transfering some files one day and then when I conected again to my MAC it said that couldn´t recognize the HD. The light is blue on the disk. I go to disk utility and I can see it there, but firts aids says...
  8. External Hard drive not accessible

External Hard drive not accessible: My external hard drive was unplugged accidently. When i plugged it back into the computer, it recogonized a previous error with it and was in the process of fixing those errors automatically when it was accidentally unplugged again. Now when i plug in my external drive the...
  9. Can't Access External Hard Drive

Can't Access External Hard Drive: I can't access my external hard drive from my laptop. But when connect to other laptop using win 7 it easily open. [img] Drive E not showing NTFS file system. [img] Pop up when I tried to open Drive E. This is so frustrating Its not my external HD fault and I...
  10. External Hard drive not accessible...

External Hard drive not accessible...: Hi All, External Hard drive not accessible...? I have 1TB Seagate Backup Plus Slim 200gb cloud Hard Drive. It was working fine on Win 7 earlier, I formatted my desktop and installed win 7 OS since then my exernal hard drive is not initializing. My external hdd was not...