Windows 10: Error 80004001, efi shell, sfc log has error - STATUS_INVALID_DEVICE_REQUEST

Discus and support Error 80004001, efi shell, sfc log has error - STATUS_INVALID_DEVICE_REQUEST in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My notebook has recently been booting Win10 to the efi shell, not BSOD, and one or more "exit"s would take me to the usual login screen. This started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HarveyPartridge, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Error 80004001, efi shell, sfc log has error - STATUS_INVALID_DEVICE_REQUEST

My notebook has recently been booting Win10 to the efi shell, not BSOD, and one or more "exit"s would take me to the usual login screen. This started not long after an MS update. However, today, nothing will fix it.

Having used F7 to interrupt the startup sequence, I was able to open cmd.exe as administrator. Following suggestions from the numerous related questions here and elsewhere, the sticking point appears to be 4 corrupted files.

The sfc.exe log shows this, but the repair transaction cannot be committed:

... onecore\base\wcp\library\txf_library.cpp (213): Error STATUS_INVALID_DEVICE_REQUEST originated in function Windows::Rtl::TxfLogExpander::GetCurrentContainerCountMax expression: (null)

The log also shows many "duplicate owners" of kbd language directories.

I can no longer get onto that notebook, and because it has no cd/dvd drive and this machine is an android tablet, I am at a loss what to do next!!

Any suggestions?

I should be able to copy stuff from a USB key, using cmd.exe, but I shall have to get that stuff from the cybercommune.

Harvey

:)

HarveyPartridge, Sep 24, 2019
  2. Riel Alc Win User

EFI shell

Hi,

To resolve your issue with EFI shell, we suggest updating the BIOS of your computer. For better assistance, please contact the manufacturer of your computer.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Riel Alc, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Jan Del Win User
    Digital Rights Update (Windows 10 Anniversary) Tool error 80004001

Hi, Manny.

The error code 80004001 is caused by misconfigured system files in your Windows Operating system. We suggest you run SFC scan and DISM that can repair any incorrect and damage files. Click this
    link for the steps.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Error 80004001, efi shell, sfc log has error - STATUS_INVALID_DEVICE_REQUEST

SFC Error

Hello,

Recently my PC has rebooted randomly, and then it couldn't find boot device, so I reseated my SATA and power cables going to the HDD. It seemed fine, but SFC found corrupt files. I can't fix this error.

Tried:
    • sfc /scannow
    Result: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
    • Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    Result: The component store is repairable. The operation completed successfully.
    • Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    Result: The source files could not be found.
    • Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source
    ​Result: Error: 0x800f081f
    I also attached a DISM log.

Any help would be appreciated.

Peterson311, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

Error 80004001, efi shell, sfc log has error - STATUS_INVALID_DEVICE_REQUEST

1. Error 80004001, efi shell, sfc log has error - STATUS_INVALID_DEVICE_REQUEST - Similar Threads - Error 80004001 efi

2. EFI Shell start up error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EFI Shell start up error: I bought my mother a mini PC to plug into the back of her TV a year ago. Intel chip, Windows 10, it has run perfectly normal until now. Whenever it starts up, it goes to this EFI screen and no matter how many times I hold the power button and restart it, I get the same...
  3. EFI Shell start up error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EFI Shell start up error: I bought my mother a mini PC to plug into the back of her TV a year ago. Intel chip, Windows 10, it has run perfectly normal until now. Whenever it starts up, it goes to this EFI screen and no matter how many times I hold the power button and restart it, I get the same...
  4. EFI Shell start up error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. 80004001 error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    80004001 error: I fully reset my pc and then this thing pops up and says “choose your keyboard” and I did then there is only two options that I can do “Troubleshoot” and “shutdown” can you help me?...
  6. Error Code 80004001

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Code 80004001: Hi, I turned on my computer today to be greeted with a blue screen with only the options of Troubleshoot and Turn off your PC. Under Troubleshoot, System restore comes up with an error "you must specify which windows installation to restore. Restart this computer,...
  7. Error code 80004001/can't run sfc/scannow

Error code 80004001/can't run sfc/scannow: My computer has been randomly crashing with the blue error screen, I used to be able to force a re-start and it'd start back up fine. Now, though, after that screen it will give an error about "no bootable device." I can plug in a usb drive with the software on this link to...
  8. Error code: 80004001

Error code: 80004001: Hello I'm typing for a tablet and I'm getting an error code called 80004001 and I can't fix it tryed everything it belive and it never shows up with reset this pc where it does the whole thing for updates can anyone help I put 3 pics down can anyone help...
  9. Error code 80004001

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error code 80004001: How i solve it [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-80004001/cb494fe0-5a3d-4992-9ba8-4a32a3f76106
  10. Error code 80004001

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error code 80004001: What is it and how do I fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/error-code-80004001/5f635b76-5829-4703-b1f6-5741e603c65d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sfc scannow txf library.cpp