Windows 10: Error 87 when enable gpedit.msc

Discus and support Error 87 when enable gpedit.msc in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am getting error 87 when trying to activate gpedit.msc, what is the solution to this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hacraft Craft, Mar 1, 2024.

1. Error 87 when enable gpedit.msc

Hello, I am getting error 87 when trying to activate gpedit.msc, what is the solution to this?

:)

Hacraft Craft, Mar 1, 2024
  2. BrianTJUK Win User

I can't set a slideshow in the Lock Screen and one of the Microsoft suggestions to use gpedit msc didn't work

I can't set up a slideshow for the lock screen. I can select a picture from the computer or I can select one of the Windows 10 standard pictures. If I select slideshow it doesn't change the PREVIEW and when the computer is inactive I get a black screen.

One of the suggestions made by Microsoft in response to this problem in another post was to run gpedit msc. I have tried this or gpedit.msc or gpedit and in all cases the message I get is gpedit or gpedit.msc or gpedit msc "is not recognised as an
    internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

How do I fix the lock screen problem or invoke the local group policy editor?

BrianTJUK, Mar 1, 2024
  3. how do i get gpedit for windows 10

Here are two options:

• Upgrade Windows to at least the professional version.
    • Use the backdoor method described
      here
      . Whether it will survive an Automatic Update I do not know.

Frederik Long, Mar 1, 2024
  4. XTL
    xTL Win User

Error 87 when enable gpedit.msc

Can't Access gpedit

Hi pandapanda, you need to add .msc after like so
    gpedit.msc

Error 87 when enable gpedit.msc 204195d1537094457t-cant-access-gpedit-1.png

i get same error if i don't add .msc after Error 87 when enable gpedit.msc :)

Thema:

Error 87 when enable gpedit.msc

1. Error 87 when enable gpedit.msc - Similar Threads - Error enable gpedit

2. Error 87 when enable gpedit.msc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 87 when enable gpedit.msc: Hello, I am getting error 87 when trying to activate gpedit.msc, what is the solution to this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-87-when-enable-gpeditmsc/0f2849a2-826a-44af-a7ac-43d75cab4445
  3. error code 87

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    error code 87: so I tried to reset and I update all update and i just need to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-87/4723a1db-43cb-4889-be02-ffa889a2337e
  4. Gpedit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gpedit: Would it work if I was to use group policy to disable updates until I see fit then re enable updates when I want to update submitted by /u/Aggravating_Serve665 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwanql/gpedit/
  5. Screen driver, error 87!

Screen driver, error 87!: OS W10, DELL XPS 8900, 16 GB, i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz. Screen driver, error 87! Result: ADOBE Photoshope and Premiere Elements are not working, nor can be started, only the box has a message about the previously specified error. Online, the error is recognized and many...
  6. I get error :87.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I get error :87.: I have faced problem while upgrade my system 10 .with error code 0×c1900209.with the help of Microsoft visitors I followed the cmd with dism fix .but still I get error :87. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-error-87/a9fe138d-3922-41ef-9332-dfa8ca8b9707
  7. gpedit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    gpedit: Tengo el editor de directivas de grupo local. al revisar su contenido observo que le faltan carpetas se pueden actualizar este editor. Se pueden descargar los archivos, se puede hacer algo.o automáticamente se va actualizando. agradezco algún comentario.GRACIAS...
  8. error 87 parameter is incorrect (error 87) in Services- Windows 10 current update

error 87 parameter is incorrect (error 87) in Services- Windows 10 current update: When attempting to set Bluetooth User Support- unable to change manual to automatic in Services. Can NOT activate Bluetooth Dongle. Is Greg around? He helped me correct Media Player setting with one answer......
  9. Dism error 87

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dism error 87: Hello, I have been having BSOD with the error "Critical Process died. I undated all the drivers (with the exception of Intel graphic 4000- as I have not yet found it). And ran SFC andDISM. SFC was OK. DISM: CheckHealth - ok ScanHealth - passed 100% ok...
  10. GPEdit Error

in Windows 10 Support
    GPEdit Error: After the latest Windows update, Group Policy Editor displays an error when starting. After clicking OK twice, the error clears. This is the second error that has occurred with GPEdit with Windows 10. A similar error occurred after the November update. Is there an easy way to...