Windows 10: ERROR: a required Drive is not found during installatio

Discus and support ERROR: a required Drive is not found during installatio in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, We are facing error message like ERROR: a required Drive is not found. We are suspecting that issue with latest Microsoft update November 13,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RameshAmbati, Dec 13, 2018.

1. ERROR: a required Drive is not found during installatio

Hi,

We are facing error message like ERROR: a required Drive is not found.

We are suspecting that issue with latest Microsoft update

November 13, 2018—KB4467691 (OS Build 14393.2608)

Consequently is this issue part of with KB or not ?

BR,

Ramesh

:)

RameshAmbati, Dec 13, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Dec 13, 2018
  3. little cat, Dec 13, 2018
  4. ERROR: a required Drive is not found during installatio

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

ERROR: a required Drive is not found during installatio

1. ERROR: a required Drive is not found during installatio - Similar Threads - ERROR required Drive

2. No device drivers were found error during Windows Setup

in Windows 10 News
    No device drivers were found error during Windows Setup: [ATTACH]While installing Windows 11 or Windows 10, if you get No device drivers were found error, here is how you can fix the issue. It happens when you try to clean install Windows 11/10 on your computer. Although it doesn’t appear frequently, you can troubleshoot the...
  3. No drives were found during Windows Installation during Setup

in Windows 10 News
    No drives were found during Windows Installation during Setup: [IMG]If you are having a Windows PC with Intel 11th Generation processor (Intel Tiger Lake) and fail to install Windows 11/10 on it, this guide is for you. Many are experiencing No drives were found error during Windows 11/10 installation. The solution we gave applies to HP,...
  4. A required drive partition is missing error during Reset This PC

in Windows 10 News
    A required drive partition is missing error during Reset This PC: [ATTACH]If you see an error message A required drive partition is missing while trying to reset your PC then this post will help you. Reset this PC is a handy feature in Windows 11/10 that enables you to restore Windows 11/10 to factory settings without losing your data. It...
  5. Drive not found / application not found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive not found / application not found: I have a micro SD card with an adapter that can be plugged into a standard usb slot. When I try opening it through My Computer, it just gives the error message "application not found" / not available Clicking 'Format' doesn't do anything; nothing pops up. The drive name...
  6. Problems found during Troubleshooting

Problems found during Troubleshooting: I had the unthinkable happen; I spilled coffee on my laptop. It turns on when I push the button, but when I try to find an internet connection, I get the following message: "The IntelR Ethernet Connection 4 1219-LM adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related...
  7. Error:"Repair this drive. Windows found errors on this drive that needs to be repaired....

Error:"Repair this drive. Windows found errors on this drive that needs to be repaired....: Hi.. Currently running on windows 10. The error appeared when i was trying to check/scanning drive C: by going to "this pc" right clicking on drive C "properties" "tools" "check" "scan drive" and then the only option I'm getting is to close. The issue started when i was...
  8. WINRE not found error during widows reset. Please help me....

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINRE not found error during widows reset. Please help me....: I wish to reset my windows 10 PC. So I go to settings and touch the reset option. When I touch it, it shows windows recovery environment didn't found. And telling that, insert the windows installation media or recovery media to reset. When I type "reagentc /enable"...
  9. RunDLL not found during startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    RunDLL not found during startup: Get "Cannot find" popup (RunDLL) during startup. Also,power monitor in tray is grayed out. Trying to close the power monitor gauge triggers the same "Cannot find..." popup....
  10. found error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    found error: when i am going to open my photos every time i found error like " file system error (-2147219196 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/found-error/6d13a1cf-298c-4435-9b4a-aa6335980f83