Windows 10: Error "a required privilege is not held by the client.(1314)" when entering Standby/Hibernate

Discus and support Error "a required privilege is not held by the client.(1314)" when entering Standby/Hibernate in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, weird Problem: When i hit "Sleep" or "Hibernate" in Start Menu as Administrator on my Win10 Computer, it doesn't do anything (besides hiding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Sorontik, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Sorontik Win User

Error "a required privilege is not held by the client.(1314)" when entering Standby/Hibernate

Hello,

weird Problem:

• When i hit "Sleep" or "Hibernate" in Start Menu as Administrator on my Win10 Computer, it doesn't do anything (besides hiding the power-menu).
    • As normal User, those Options don't show up in the first place - it says "The are currently no power options available" instead

• When i run "shutdown /h" as Administrator or normal user, i get the error message "a required privilege is not held by the client.(1314)"

But:

• When i run "shutdown /h" in a shell with elevated rights ("run as administrator"), it works as excpected and when i press the hardware power button, which is set to send Windows into sleep, it works as well.
    • When logged in as Administrator, the shutdown option in the start menu works as usual.

I am aware of the possibility to hide the power-options via group-policies, but the
    "User Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Start Menu and Taskbar\Remove and prevent access to the Shut Down, Restart, Sleep, and Hibernate commands"

is set to "not configured" which is default, as well as the corresponding option in the Computer-Configuration subtree

Unfortunately i can not tell since when the problem exists as i usually use either the power-button or the shutdown option which both work perfectly fine. Therefore the number of newly installed or removed applications and updates is too high to check them all.

So here is my question: Can anyone tell me where i can find possibilities to grant users the sleep/hibernation privilege?

Or can anyone tell me, where i might have accidentally prohibited users from putting windows in sleep/hibernation mode?

Thank you and best regards

Soro

:)

Sorontik, Dec 25, 2018
  2. Andre Da Costa, Dec 25, 2018
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Error "a required privilege is not held by the client.(1314)" when entering Standby/Hibernate

Mark St..., Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

Error "a required privilege is not held by the client.(1314)" when entering Standby/Hibernate

1. Error "a required privilege is not held by the client.(1314)" when entering Standby/Hibernate - Similar Threads - Error required privilege

2. A Required Privilege Not Held By The Client

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A Required Privilege Not Held By The Client: I tried to restart my Win 10 computer, but saw something about 'task host window' preventing the restart. I clicked something, the computer restarted, and then I saw this message. Should I do something now to correct this??...
  3. A Required Privilege Not Held By The Client

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Required Privilege Not Held By The Client: I tried to restart my Win 10 computer, but saw something about 'task host window' preventing the restart. I clicked something, the computer restarted, and then I saw this message. Should I do something now to correct this??...
  4. A Required Privilege Not Held By The Client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "Required Privilege Not Held By Client"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Required Privilege Not Held By Client": I am receiving the following error message at Log In each time:Can any one tell me how to get rid of this? Thank You...JWarner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/required-privilege-not-held-by-client/a68ff2a1-6b5e-4570-b09c-be3b1ed56b02
  6. "Required Privilege Not Held By Client"

"Required Privilege Not Held By Client": I am receiving the following error message at Log In each time:Can any one tell me how to get rid of this? Thank You...JWarner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/required-privilege-not-held-by-client/a68ff2a1-6b5e-4570-b09c-be3b1ed56b02
  7. A required privilege is not held by the client

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A required privilege is not held by the client: Quick backstory, I was being dumb and got an adware that ran on startup and opened a browser page obviously an indication my PC was hacked. So I downloaded Malwarebytes. It saw it, quarantined it. Restarted just to make sure it is actually gone, and it is. But now I get this...
  8. A required privilege is not held by the client

A required privilege is not held by the client: Quick backstory, I was being dumb and got an adware that ran on startup and opened a browser page obviously an indication my PC was hacked. So I downloaded Malwarebytes. It saw it, quarantined it. Restarted just to make sure it is actually gone, and it is. But now I get this...
  9. A required privilege is not held by the client

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. "Required Privilege Not Held By The Client" error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Required Privilege Not Held By The Client" error: PLEASE HELP ME I have an HP laptop computer, Windows 10 Home, Version10.0.17134 I tried your support and they could not help me. They said to perform a clean install. I do not want to do that. For the last month, I have been getting a “required privilege is not held...