Windows 10: Error accessing registry

Discus and support Error accessing registry in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a script I run which installs all my programs and games and basically compresses about 8 hours of work into 40 minutes. It makes lots of tweaks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Wobitancrawfodi, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Error accessing registry

I have a script I run which installs all my programs and games and basically compresses about 8 hours of work into 40 minutes. It makes lots of tweaks to the registry, services, tasks and so on. But I've been plagued for some time with problems importing registry files. I will occasionally see:

ERROR: Error accessing the registry.

On one run it work fine, the next it will fail, and then be fine the many times after that. The script is run with administrative privileges. Here is one reg file that recently failed to import:

Code:
    This is the code that imports it...
    Code:
    Any ideas why this might happen?

:)

Wobitancrawfodi, Sep 5, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

BSOD - Registry Error

Your BSOD code is 0X000000051

Here's the Google search I did for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=0x0...j5.399j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

There is a hotfix available that might help, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/810558

This thread makes a few good suggestions too: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-hel...dows-7-pro-sp1-registry-error-0x00000051.html

+1 to listing your full system specs, OS version, etc. I did only look at your BSOD log file.

Run a Diskchk /R (I know you already ran one, so you can skip this)

Run SFC /SCANNOW

Report back.

Kursah, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Issues while accessing Task Manager and Registry Error: Disabled by Administrator

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while accessing Task Manager and Registry on your PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. Are you connected to Domain/organization network?
    4. What is the exact error message that you receive?

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try enabling built-in administrator account and see if you are able to access Task Manager and Registry. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Now press Windows +
      S key together to open Search.
    2. Now type CMD and select Run as administrator.
    3. Accept the UAC prompts.
    4. Type in the following command and hit Enter:

net user administrator /active:yes

If you are able to access Task Manager and Registry in built-in administrator, then create a new user account using built-in administrator and check if you are still able to access Task Manager and Registry. Refer the article
    Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 5, 2020
  4. enso Win User

Error accessing registry

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Error accessing registry

1. Error accessing registry - Similar Threads - Error accessing registry

2. Registry error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry error: Today, I was opening a photo on my pc, when I saw this:Any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-error/5824fa5a-df87-48c7-bd9b-d8c28b204b83
  3. Registry error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry error: Today, I was opening a photo on my pc, when I saw this:Any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-error/5824fa5a-df87-48c7-bd9b-d8c28b204b83
  4. Problem with registry access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with registry access: Hello guys!Maybe because I used some dumb tool to transfer my windows to new drive appeared some issues with windows. Last major update fails to install and hyper-v cant create virtual switch. Also When I place PC in sleep sometimes ir not power off and hangs, so from main...
  5. Startup error: "System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the registry key...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Startup error: "System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the registry key...: On startup, I get a popup with the following error report: See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the...
  6. Cannot access registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot access registry: I am not able to run cmd as administrator, a pop up titled 'Network Error' shows up with the following statement : 'Windows cannot access C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe' 'Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. To try to identify...
  7. Message: Error accessing registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Message: Error accessing registry: I tried to install some older software on WIN 10 which, according to the 'net, others have done successfully. When I try to run the set-up program, I get the above-referenced message. Research suggests this is usually due to "dead" entries in the registry left over from...
  8. Registry error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Registry error: How to fix this error[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-error/32b73af9-b786-4d3c-b3d5-547812297d5c"
  9. Accessing the DLL and Registry

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Accessing the DLL and Registry: Good afternoon, How can I access the DLL and the registry? I am a beginner and just want to poke around, not change anything. I am using WIN10 Pro. 122436
  10. Cannot import error accessing the registry

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot import error accessing the registry: Yes i'll do backup asap and Big thanks for your help *Smile You're welcome! *Smile