Windows 10: Error activating windows 10 laptop with key from BIOS

Discus and support Error activating windows 10 laptop with key from BIOS in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello I am trying to install windows 10 on a Lenovo x260 that has the key on its bios and it wont let me activate. In the activation section of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Toradh, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Toradh Win User

Error activating windows 10 laptop with key from BIOS

Hello I am trying to install windows 10 on a Lenovo x260 that has the key on its bios and it wont let me activate.

In the activation section of settings I get error 0xC004C060.

Error activating windows 10 laptop with key from BIOS f7716e7b-4db9-483e-bcb0-55b8e1376dbe?upload=true.png

Choosing to troubleshoot gets me this screen
    Error activating windows 10 laptop with key from BIOS b36749cb-8fd3-4d63-b0a6-80934bd16106?upload=true.png

I got the disk from here

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

Ive searched all over for a solution but the only path that seems open to me is stating that I changed hardware which I thought was for when retail owners change their motherboard, this is a laptop with the key bound to its bios so surely that does not apply here. Any help would be appreciated.

The key i find when doing this command

wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey

which i found on this page

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-reactivation-winodws-10-pro-error/7fe556d1-1b58-4bda-a5f3-71913e358150?tab=AllReplies#tabs

matches the key from the settings activation section

Error activating windows 10 laptop with key from BIOS 3b5ff780-6546-4ac7-9070-851c3ba9132c?upload=true.png

and this is the output of this command found on the same page
    slmgr.vbs /dlv

Error activating windows 10 laptop with key from BIOS e6b84f46-516f-4c7d-99ea-68323becb4b8?upload=true.png

Show key plus

https://github.com/Superfly-Inc/ShowKeyPlus

states that the key (R9CT) is for "Win 10 RTM Professional OEMError activating windows 10 laptop with key from BIOS :DM"
    Error activating windows 10 laptop with key from BIOS 1333250a-86aa-4703-b06f-4c0f06529b9e?upload=true.png
    Is there installation media for this version, if so where do i find it?

Again any help is appreciated, thank you.

:)

Toradh, Nov 12, 2019
  2. linhlz Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Duyenhip Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Error activating windows 10 laptop with key from BIOS

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Error activating windows 10 laptop with key from BIOS

1. Error activating windows 10 laptop with key from BIOS - Similar Threads - Error activating laptop

2. error activating key on my laptop error code 0x8007000d

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    error activating key on my laptop error code 0x8007000d: i recently restarted my pc in order to fix some problems or to delete recent updates because i could not download updates on my laptop. after i restarted my laptop i went to the activation settings because it showed that i have to activate my windows 10. when i went to the...
  3. Getting the Windows activation key from a Windows 10 laptop that was upgraded from Windows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting the Windows activation key from a Windows 10 laptop that was upgraded from Windows...: I want to upgrade my laptop's HDD to SSD, but don't have the windows key from the free Windows 10 upgrade and also don't have the windows 8 key. How do I find the activation key? submitted by /u/Gintama4ever [link] [comments]...
  4. Windows Activation Key error

Windows Activation Key error: So recently my pc broke down and we tried to take it to a pc technician and actually improved it quite a lot whit new SSD and a Ram Card. But recently its gone hey-wire again and decided to format it due to many Screen Freeze and some Crashes due to Driver compatibility...
  5. Is it possible to remove Windows activation key from BIOS?

Is it possible to remove Windows activation key from BIOS?: If it is possible, help me with the steps please. I want this key not to appear during the installation process https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-remove-windows-activation-key/9e722a42-a693-476b-9143-035510d072e3
  6. Windows 10 Activation key error

Windows 10 Activation key error: Hi I'm trying to activate my win 10, and i got this error number 0x80070057 and it say make sure you are connected to the internet and i'm connected for sure. i;m using an cracked windows and finally i purchase the key windows 10 pro. Any help Thanks...
  7. Windows activation key from new Chinese laptop not working

Windows activation key from new Chinese laptop not working: Hi I've just purchased a laptop in China with Windows 10. Because I wanted an English version, I made an USB and reinstalled everything. I got my product key using the command wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey Also, I saw the details using...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Key Not Activating on Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Key Not Activating on Laptop: Hi, my laptop came with Windows 10 Home but I need Windows Pro. I bought a Windows 10 Pro key from a third party site. Windows is displaying error 0x803F7001 and can't activate my key. I ran a command from another post, and this is the result. [ATTACH] Any help...
  9. error activation window 10.no product key

error activation window 10.no product key: I download window 10 on my pc from online store , I don t remember from where or a name or anythink about it any more. So after my pc needed update my pc ask me to activate window , but I can t activate it because I need a product key . I can t find my product key . So how...
  10. Reading windows 10 key from bios

Reading windows 10 key from bios: I work for a company that we get vendor pc's all the time. We need to be able to get the key from the bios and from the registry. With this we can then see if there is a key in the bios and if it is being used in the OS... example will be vendors sending in Windows 7 pc's...