Windows 10: Error adding Printer in Window 10 - printui.exe and msdt.exe

Discus and support Error adding Printer in Window 10 - printui.exe and msdt.exe in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, My desktop has all the Windows 10 pro updates. Please note that I've read the forum issues like this but the solutions proposed in those... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chas Lime, May 5, 2020.

1. Chas Lime Win User

Error adding Printer in Window 10 - printui.exe and msdt.exe

Hi guys,

My desktop has all the Windows 10 pro updates. Please note that I've read the forum issues like this but the solutions proposed in those threads aren't working because the issue has not been addressed fundamentally. Please note also that I've run these commands as admin: chkdsk.exe, DISM and SFC /scannow and there are no errors reported.

However, when adding an older HP printer, clicking "The printer that I want isn't listed" gives the error "c:\Windows\system32\printui.exe - Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." This file is there and the TrustedInstaller has Full control, Users have Read & execute permissions as does Administrators.

When I click 'Ok' and "Run the troubleshooter", then I get the error message "c:\Windows\System32\msdt.exe - Windows cannot access the specified device....". Again, the msdt.exe is there and the permissions appear to be correct.

Does anyone at Microsoft support know how I can apply the correct patch or permission to these files?

:)

Chas Lime, May 5, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, May 5, 2020
  3. regser32.exe

Why do two instances of regser32.exe keep running on my Windows 10 computer using a lot of cpu capability? Further, every day I get notified of regser32.exe application errors. My computer used to go into a quiet mode when not in use and even cool down
    after a time. Now it stays warm with regser32.exe running all the time. Any suggestions?

ErvinDameron, May 5, 2020
  4. Error adding Printer in Window 10 - printui.exe and msdt.exe

Exe file

New PC

Windows 10

Trying to download Chrome browser (exe file)

when trying to open, prompts open with and list programs to open with

will not allow exe file.

LuisValentin1, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Error adding Printer in Window 10 - printui.exe and msdt.exe

1. Error adding Printer in Window 10 - printui.exe and msdt.exe - Similar Threads - Error adding Printer

2. msdt exe

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    msdt exe: download msdt exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msdt-exe/b1223909-2b4e-45c3-b2cf-d6a77deaa95a
  3. msdt exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msdt exe: download msdt exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msdt-exe/b1223909-2b4e-45c3-b2cf-d6a77deaa95a
  4. msdt exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. exe error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    exe error: my pc is win 10 pro all files not open because exe file missing please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-error/3243e85f-bea1-4f99-9099-3c98a9b9e1e4
  6. Exe error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Exe error: what does this mean and how i can fix this? (the instruction at 0x00000000759059A0 referenced memory at 0x00000000759059A0. the required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0xc000009c....
  7. Error exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error exe: I keep getting this error on my dell laptop and as a result, I am unable to download any programs from the Internet. How can I fix this? (the institution at 0x00000000774359A0 referenced memory at 0x00000000774359A0. the required data was not placed into memory because of...
  8. exe error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    exe error: hi i want to install some .exe programs but my pc shows "operation did not complete successfuly because the file contains virus or potentially unwanted software" but i sure these files are completely fine . and this programs worked in another pc. and my antiviruses are off...
  9. exe error

in Windows 10 Customization
    exe error: hi i want to install some .exe programs but my pc shows "operation did not complete successfuly because the file contains virus or potentially unwanted software" but i sure these files are completely fine . and this programs worked in another pc. and my antiviruses are off...
  10. Runtime error of rundll32.exe on Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Runtime error of rundll32.exe on Win10: Has anyone met this issue? It came sometimes, but I don't know why it happens. [img] 59047