Windows 10: Error: Additional Space Required to Reset Computer

Discus and support Error: Additional Space Required to Reset Computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to completely wipe my system because its performance has steadily declined over time and I suspect it's riddled with viruses, though it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by raijinrises, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Error: Additional Space Required to Reset Computer

I'm trying to completely wipe my system because its performance has steadily declined over time and I suspect it's riddled with viruses, though it's still usable. I also believe said viruses are taking all the space on my computer, and I can't delete anything because everything I can delete has already been done and I still need 3.6 more gigabytes before I have enough space, and the only things I can delete are on the C:\\ drive and are questionably delectable. I'm worried anything I delete there will have damning ramifications to my computer's health and am quite hesitant to delete anything off of it more than what I've already done. I've deleted everything that I can find that's not in official Windows folders. Please help, I need this computer! If it helps, I've got Windows 10 on my HP Stream that I've had since June (it's March the next year).

:)

raijinrises, Mar 15, 2019

2. Reset Dell Inspiron with no password and additional space required

I just bought a used Dell Inspiron, it's a long story but I have no password and I can't reset because additional space is required I'm wondering if there's another way to reset it?

DavidJensen9, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Reset: Additional free space is needed

Hi Aurélien,

A corrupted boot system parameters is one of the possible reasons why you are having an additional free space is needed error when resetting your computer. I found a thread with the similar issue and one of our community members provide a solution that other
    members found helpful. Click on this
    thread
    and follow the steps given by bob omb.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Error: Additional Space Required to Reset Computer

Reset: Additional free space is needed

Hi,

I need to reset an Omen laptop after my son took control of it. I have no password.

When trying to reset it (removing all files), I get the following error message:

"Additional free space is needed on the drive where Windows is installed. Clear some space and try again."

But I cannot clear space without losing in...

Thanks!

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate

AurélienPetiaud, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Error: Additional Space Required to Reset Computer

1. Error: Additional Space Required to Reset Computer - Similar Threads - Error Additional Space

2. Storage spaces, parity, and adding an additional drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage spaces, parity, and adding an additional drive: I have been running storage spaces on my Win10 computer for quite some time now (and am happy with it, even when I lost a drive it recovered nicely). It worked without being annoyingly overcomplicated, and I really just needed slow, safe space. My setup: 3x hard drives, the...
  3. Reset Dell Inspiron with no password and additional space required

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset Dell Inspiron with no password and additional space required: I just bought a Dell Inspiron, it's a long story but I have no password and I can't reset because additional space is required I'm wondering if there's another way to reset it?...
  4. Reset Problem - Additional space needed

Reset Problem - Additional space needed: I'm trying to reset my laptop and it keeps telling me I need an additional 6.3GB of storage on my OS(C:) and to either copy my files onto an external harddrive then delete from the laptop or uninstall apps etc. Not sure what to do here as I don't want anything on the laptop...
  5. Space required for system volume information

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Space required for system volume information: I understand that you can limit the maximum usage of system protection on a drive, thus affecting the size of the System Volume Information folder, but how much space does it actually require? Is there a minimum for the maximum usage you should allow (e.g. allow at least x%...
  6. Not enough space to factory reset

Not enough space to factory reset: As the titles says, there is not enough space to factory reset my laptop or for a clean install, the reason I want to factory reset is because my laptop's performance has plummeted after it tried to update. I've deleted all programs I downloaded and I ran disk cleaner and...
  7. No Space For A Factory Reset

No Space For A Factory Reset: Hello, I need help! So i'm pretty sure I Have A Virus And Windows Defender Has Been Disabled... I Can't Find FREE Anti-virus For 1GB Storage (That Are FREE and not PRICE) So i tried to factory reset (Obviously It Didn't Work :( ) Here Are Some Details: Virus Takes Up...
  8. Passwords not recognised, reset required

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Passwords not recognised, reset required: Hi, I need some help. I recently had a Windows update and on restart I was asked for the password. I tried my pin - but it was not accepted. I then used what I thought my password had been before I changed to using a pin but as it is a while ago I may have got it wrong...
  9. Storage spaces issues, help required

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage spaces issues, help required: I want to set up a drive with Raid 5 or parity. Rather than using a hardware raid card i decided to use the storage space option in win 10. My understanding of raid 5 is that you have the capacity of all the drives added together less one drive so if you have a 4 drive setup...
  10. reset computer

reset computer: Hello to all. Purchased an HP desktop w/ windows 8.1 Ugraded to Windows 10 (free) Created dvd disks (4) to reset in case needed Had problems to start the computer (HPSF.exe This application could not be started) Decided to reset the computer but by mistake used the HD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. additional space required to reset pc

2. additional space is needed to reset

3. additional space needed restart windows 10 problem

4. what is the amount of space required to reset PC