Windows 10: Error: An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist

Discus and support Error: An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I AM USING WINDOWS 10, WHEN I AM TRYING TO OPEN ANY FOLDER Error: An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist PLEASE HELP ME... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Suparna85, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Suparna85 Win User

Error: An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist

I AM USING WINDOWS 10, WHEN I AM TRYING TO OPEN ANY FOLDER

PLEASE HELP ME

:)

Suparna85, Dec 10, 2018
  2. gregcomer Win User

Windows 10: "Attempt was made at a token that does not exist" What to do?

Windows 10: "Attempt was made at a token that does not exist" What to do?

gregcomer, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Alec Kamp Win User
    A reference token

Dear Andre Da Costa

I saw your reply to my problem but it does not explain what a "Reference Token" is. Here is an update. I did shut down my computer all the way yesterday (12/13/17) and It let me open my apps. but it did not show me how much my Hard Drive had in it. Since
    my computer is an HP LapTop and has like 29GB hard drive space. it is not enough for the pre-loaded HP Downloads that HP wants. so it takes up a good 10GB or so and that leaves me with only 19GB or so, which is not enough space for my Games. Minecraft: windows
    10 edition takes up a good 1-2 GB on my Drive for its Updates, resource packs, behavior packs, and realms, plus mods from MCPE, and in-game blocks. plus Roblox and its In-Game Items too. so it's another 1-3 GB, Plus your Microsoft Products so That's 3GB so
    that's a total of 18GB. so there Are the items on my PC. so if you can tell me what a Reference Token is. I would be happy to know what it is so later on when I have to deal with A reference Token I would know what to do when it happens! Hope you can Reply
    to me with what a Reference Token is.

From Alec .K

Alec Kamp, Dec 10, 2018
  4. Alec Kamp Win User

A reference token

Dear Microsoft team

I have a problem with my Laptop. I tried to reset my pc because it Would not let me access my hard drive and then I tried to blow it up (clear everything from my pc and reuse it) so I clicked on recover and then it would not let me click it, so then I clicked
    Advanced Recovery and it reset my pc and brought me to a blue screen and it gave me choices to blow up my computer and I clicked on repair. so then I clicked repair then it restarted my pc and gave me my normal everyday log in screen and when I logged in my
    screen was black with all of my desktop apps instead of the blue windows square background. so then I clicked on the file explorer and it said "an attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist." so then I clicked on my other Hotbar apps (my store
    app, Minecraft: windows 10 edition, Windows 10 mail, cmd prompt, Roblox, Microsoft edge, Xbox, and settings. but then when I clicked on those it said "class not registered" please help me out Microsoft!

From one of your customers

Alec .K

Alec Kamp, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Error: An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist - Similar Threads - Error attempt was

2. An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist: An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-attempt-was-made-to-reference-a-token-that-does/a57ff71c-ab85-4d31-860a-cf8f90d12db5
  3. An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist: An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-attempt-was-made-to-reference-a-token-that-does/a57ff71c-ab85-4d31-860a-cf8f90d12db5
  4. An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Error: An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist: I AM USING WINDOWS 10, WHEN I AM TRYING TO OPEN ANY FOLDERError: An attempt was made to reference a token that does not existPLEASE HELP M https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-an-attempt-was-made-to-reference-a-token/11c3cb62-feaa-43c5-8ecf-1946c72f2e65
  6. Error: An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist

Error: An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist: I AM USING WINDOWS 10, WHEN I AM TRYING TO OPEN ANY FOLDERError: An attempt was made to reference a token that does not existPLEASE HELP M https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-an-attempt-was-made-to-reference-a-token/11c3cb62-feaa-43c5-8ecf-1946c72f2e65
  7. Error: An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. MMC Error "An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MMC Error "An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist.": Hello,We have a Server 2012 R2 and when I try to run 'Local Security Policy' in admin tools I get an MMC error "An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist." I tried a few things, restarted, sfc /scannow and both did nothing. I even tried the suggestion to do...
  9. MMC Error "An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist."

MMC Error "An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist.": Hello,We have a Server 2012 R2 and when I try to run 'Local Security Policy' in admin tools I get an MMC error "An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist." I tried a few things, restarted, sfc /scannow and both did nothing. I even tried the suggestion to do...
  10. An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist

in Windows 10 News
    An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If your Windows File Explorer has stopped working and you see an error while trying to open it – An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist, then this post may be able to help you. [...] This post An attempt was made to reference a token...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. an attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist

2. device manager an attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist

3. an attempt was made to reference a toekn that does not exits

4. time <message>An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist</message>,
  5. A Token Attempt,
  6. an attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist windows 10,
  7. an attempt was made to reference a token,
  8. windows 10 print an attempt was made to access a token that does not exist,
  9. An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist appx,
  10. user attempt was made to reference a tocken does not exist print error,
  11. an attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist arcmap,
  12. gpedit an attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist,
  13. an attempt was made in reference of a token,
  14. error message an attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist,
  15. an attempt was made to refgerence a token