Windows 10: Error: An error occurred while reconnecting drive to PC. When trying to access files over...

Discus and support Error: An error occurred while reconnecting drive to PC. When trying to access files over... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In my home I have three PCs running on the latest version of Windows 10. They are all connected to the same WiFi network. I have turned on file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tome_158, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Tome_158 Win User

Error: An error occurred while reconnecting drive to PC. When trying to access files over...

In my home I have three PCs running on the latest version of Windows 10.

They are all connected to the same WiFi network.

I have turned on file sharing on all three computers, and each computer maps a drive letter to each of the other two computers (\\computer name\users\user name).

For several years this approach has worked just fine, but in the past several months it has become quirky at best.

Throughout a typical day there are times when attempting to access computer #2 from computer #1 either works fine or generates the error message "An error occurred while reconnecting [drive letter] to [\\computer name\users\user name]. Microsoft Windows Network: The local device name is already in use. The connection has not been restored."

When I receive this error message, I have checked that computer #1 is able to connect to computer #3, computer #2 is able to connect to computer #1 and #3, and computer #3 is able to connect to computer #1 and #2. It seems to be that only connecting computer #1 to computer #2 is problematic, and only some of the time.

I have tried disconnecting the mapped drive and remapping it. When I attempt to remap the drive, it asks me for network credentials, even though password protected sharing is set to OFF on all computers. And then several hours later I attempt the same thing and it works just fine.

This is getting real annoying. I would appreciate any insights.

***Original title: Microsoft Windows Network: The local device name is already in use***

:)

Tome_158, Dec 16, 2019
  2. Ketxxx Win User

CRC error

As some of you may know, I'm working on an ultimate sort of driver for the ADI1988 CODEC. Its going quite well, all files\mods are compiled, and the inf is written. However, there is one error that eludes me... basically cos I'm not an uber leet programmer.. yet.

The error is;

Error: An error occurred while reconnecting drive to PC. When trying to access files over... CRCerror.png

Now, before its suggest, no I haven't replaced this file, the file being used is the original file so this error, to me at least, shouldn't be occurring as I only know this error to occur if the file is replaced with an older\newer one compared to the installer being used.

So, anyone got any ideas? /nudge W1z? *Big Grin Error: An error occurred while reconnecting drive to PC. When trying to access files over... :D

Ketxxx, Dec 16, 2019
  3. GaryBetty Win User
    How to reconnect file history drive? Windows 10

I cannot reconnect my file history file drive

GaryBetty, Dec 16, 2019
  4. adulaamin Win User

Error: An error occurred while reconnecting drive to PC. When trying to access files over...

S.M.A.R.T. Error on boot

Thanks for all the help! Just finished copying all the files to another drive. I'll try what TRWOW suggested and see if it works out. If it still pops up may be I'll just disable the Press F1 on error option since I don't turn off my PC that often. *Smile Error: An error occurred while reconnecting drive to PC. When trying to access files over... :)

adulaamin, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Error: An error occurred while reconnecting drive to PC. When trying to access files over... - Similar Threads - Error error occurred

2. Error when trying to access Android files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to access Android files: When connecting my android phone, I always get "The specified path does not exist" error when trying to access the files.What's even weirder is, that I'm able to access the files via the left panel. And they do open. But only with the left panel - When I click on a folder in...
  3. Error when trying to access Android files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when trying to access Android files: When connecting my android phone, I always get "The specified path does not exist" error when trying to access the files.What's even weirder is, that I'm able to access the files via the left panel. And they do open. But only with the left panel - When I click on a folder in...
  4. Access error to Drive over network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access error to Drive over network: Hello, I have a small home network and after updating one Pc to the latest iteration of Windows10 it now has a problem accessing drives on my PC used as a Store and Print server. This pc has multiple external and internal drives and all that have been shared in the past...
  5. "Denied access to network" error when trying to reconnect to mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Denied access to network" error when trying to reconnect to mobile hotspot: I'm using my PC's mobile hotspot to get better internet to my phone, it works fine when I first start it, but whenever I leave the network range and come back, my phone can't reconnect to the hotspot, I'm forced to restart the hotspot which takes quite a while for some...
  6. Error Occured While reconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error Occured While reconnecting: Hi All I hope some can help me with this, please? Now when I try to connect the Shared file on the PC Windows 120 64 bit I am getting "Error Occurred while reconnecting to: Drive letter\ then the path. Microsoft Windows network: This account is currently disabled. This...
  7. Help! : An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory:...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help! : An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory:...: I keep getting this error message. I think it is in regards to the RealTek Audio Driver failing to install as well. Any help to get the audio driver to install and to fix this error message would be great! [ATTACH]...
  8. error page occurs while trying to access certain links - what is this?

in Browsers and Email
    error page occurs while trying to access certain links - what is this?: While on eBay and some other sites I can usually go to any url without problems. However while on eBay and requesting a resolution about an item not as described after I select and then click on" I received an item that does not match the seller's description." I get a bunch...
  9. error page occurs while trying to access certain links - what is this?

in Windows 10 Support
    error page occurs while trying to access certain links - what is this?: While on eBay and some other sites I can usually go to any url without problems. However while on eBay and requesting a resolution about an item not as described after I select and then click on" I received an item that does not match the seller's description." I get a bunch...
  10. An Error Occurred While Trying to Create A File in The Destination....

in Windows 10 Support
    An Error Occurred While Trying to Create A File in The Destination....: Hi, I'm trying to install an audio production plugin I bought from a vendor to my default plugin folder but keep getting this error? Any idea what could be the issue? I'm running a hp elitebook 8560w (64 bit). I've tried running the installer as administrator, installing the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. an error occurred while connecting to drive windows 10

2. how do i fix this: AN ERROR OCCURED WHILE RECONNECTINGZ:to\\EPSONBC6C81\MEMORY CARD