Windows 10: Error and restart

Discus and support Error and restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm running the latest insider build and keep getting the IRQL NOT LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO error in ndis.sys. and them reboots. Is anyone else having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KellyFoust, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Error and restart

I'm running the latest insider build and keep getting the IRQL NOT LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO error in ndis.sys. and them reboots.

Is anyone else having this problem? and is there a fix.

:)

KellyFoust, Aug 25, 2019
  2. jimhoyle Win User

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Computer randomly has black screen and restarts

Taco this could be software also. Before you get all crazy, do as Erocker suggested. Find out the error in the Event Viewer. Look for the faulting module and the error code itself. Also check the reliability monitor. At the bottom it will have "View all Error Reports". Post a screen of whats in there if anything.

This could be a simple as a bad driver install.

ALSO have you downloaded or installed anything lately? STAY OUT OF THE DAMN BIOS UNTIL WE KNOW THE ERROR! lol. I know you. Baby steps boy, baby steps.

TheMailMan78, Aug 25, 2019
  4. x01r Win User

Error and restart

atioglxx.dll OpenGL Error ! Error and restart :(

*** errors in the installer !!!

* manuel make *

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/CatalystAGPHotfix.aspx

Catalyst 9.9 Hotfix for Windows XP Professional and Home Edition

ati.com/drivers/hotfix/9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc.exe

( install *Smile Error and restart :) )

C:\ATI\Support\9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc

C:\ATI\Support\9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc\Driver\XP_INF\B_86849\atioglxx.dl_

( X:\....\9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc\Driver\XP_INF\B_ ,,,, \atioglxx.dl_ )

( ReName *Smile Error and restart :) )

atioglxx.dl_ -> atioglxx.dll

( Move *Smile Error and restart :) )

atioglxx.dll -> C:\WINDOWS\system32

restart PC ! OK *Smile Error and restart :)

ATi OpenGL (atioglxx.dll) No-Errors ! *Big Grin Error and restart :D

Thema:

Error and restart

1. Error and restart - Similar Threads - Error restart

2. why does my computer restart by it self? I found the error message below in the logs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why does my computer restart by it self? I found the error message below in the logs.: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffffba8971820010, 0xfffff80232c73660, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: b24fd169-68a3-49f7-b579-4c32d942e480....
  3. why does my computer restart by it self? I found the error message below in the logs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my computer restart by it self? I found the error message below in the logs.: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffffba8971820010, 0xfffff80232c73660, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: b24fd169-68a3-49f7-b579-4c32d942e480....
  4. why does my computer restart by it self? I found the error message below in the logs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. why does my computer restart by it self? I found the error message below in the logs.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  6. "windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it...: My computer crashed, and when I power it on, it loads the manufacturer logo and then the blue screen "Windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it reboots and does the cycle again - manufacturer logo, blue screen, manufacturer logo,...
  7. "windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it...

"windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it...: My computer crashed, and when I power it on, it loads the manufacturer logo and then the blue screen "Windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it reboots and does the cycle again - manufacturer logo, blue screen, manufacturer logo,...
  8. "windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it...

9. my pc keep restarting with new errors every time

my pc keep restarting with new errors every time: for the past month I been having blue screen of death and my pc keep restarting whenever I start a game.I will have the game running for a while then the entire pc freeze, the freeze stay for seconds and sometime it stays for more than 5 minutes. it mostly happen after I...
  10. my pc keep restarting with new errors every time

my pc keep restarting with new errors every time: for the past month I been having blue screen of death and my pc keep restarting whenever I start a game.I will have the game running for a while then the entire pc freeze, the freeze stay for seconds and sometime it stays for more than 5 minutes. it mostly happen after I...