Windows 10: Error: 'Another installation is already in progress' during installation/uninstallation

Discus and support Error: 'Another installation is already in progress' during installation/uninstallation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I just reset my laptop and now, when I try to install new programs, I keep receiving this message "Another installation is already in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by doquang1, Sep 20, 2018.

1. doquang1 Win User

Error: 'Another installation is already in progress' during installation/uninstallation

Hello,

I just reset my laptop and now, when I try to install new programs, I keep receiving this message "Another installation is already in progress". I understand that I have to log in administrator account in order to install new program, however its really inconvenient for me to log in administrator account every times i want to install new software. Can you guys show me how to enable my current account to install new software ? My current account already is administrator account. Thank a lot.
    Error: 'Another installation is already in progress' during installation/uninstallation ddcc2143-e6a2-467f-9eb5-3de146e9d983?upload=true.png

:)

doquang1, Sep 20, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Can't install Oblivion: Data Error

The crc error is kind-of a developer's fault which happens if you install the game on a system where it had already been installed and uninstalled before. It had happened to me personally and my disk is fine...

To manage without having to reinstall windows, try it - at the best you'd save buying a new disk and at the worst it might not work and no harm would be done...

1.) Go to Add/remove programs and uninstall Oblivion (If it shows on the list). If the add/remove procedure results in an error - skip to the next step and continue as it will still remove the game with the remaining steps.

2.) After or If the uninstall finishes go to Start - Run - type regedit - hit Enter - click on the + sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, click on the + sign next to SOFTWARE, click on the + sign next to BETHESDA SOFTWORKS, right click on Oblivion (if it is still there) and then delete.

3.)Now still in Regedit find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{35CB6715-41F8-4F99-8881-6FC75BF054B0} and delete it the same way you deleted oblivion in the last step.(If it is still there - this is the uninstall key for add\remove programs)

4.)close regedit.

5.)Go into explorer find the C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion folder (if it is still there) and delete it.

6.)find the folder C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My Games\Oblivion (Substitute your username for USERNAME) and delete it (Again if it is still there)

By doing this it will delete all traces of the game from your computer.

Now you can install the game *Smile Error: 'Another installation is already in progress' during installation/uninstallation :) hopefully without getting crc problems.

If deleting the stuff from the registry doesn't work or you're still getting uninstallation errors, one way that I used to get around it was to go into Safe Mode and run the setup.exe file from the disc. IIRC it asks you if you want to reinstall the game...so go ahead and reinstall it.

Black Panther, Sep 20, 2018
  4. DarkEgo Win User

Error: 'Another installation is already in progress' during installation/uninstallation

Error when installing Win7

when Installing Windows 7 I get an error saying ""A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now. Note: If the windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step." What should I do to get Windows to install?

DarkEgo, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Error: 'Another installation is already in progress' during installation/uninstallation - Similar Threads - Error 'Another installation

2. Error 1500 another installation is in progress

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 1500 another installation is in progress: getting this error here is a Screenshot trying to install the legacy Razer Synapse 2.0 so I can use the Orbweaver peripheral, none of the solutions I've seen on Google worked for me as I don't have any other installs going or setups in Task Manager nor any of the listed...
  3. Error 1500 another installation is in progress

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 1500 another installation is in progress: getting this error here is a Screenshot trying to install the legacy Razer Synapse 2.0 so I can use the Orbweaver peripheral, none of the solutions I've seen on Google worked for me as I don't have any other installs going or setups in Task Manager nor any of the listed...
  4. Error 1500 another installation is in progress

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Programs failing to install on Windows 11, "Installation already in progress"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs failing to install on Windows 11, "Installation already in progress": Multiple installations I've attempted to make have failed due to another installation being in progress. Below are 2 examples. I have already tried looking at the task manager numerous times, though this does not seem to help. Additionally, whenever I shut down or restart...
  6. Programs failing to install on Windows 11, "Installation already in progress"

Programs failing to install on Windows 11, "Installation already in progress": Multiple installations I've attempted to make have failed due to another installation being in progress. Below are 2 examples. I have already tried looking at the task manager numerous times, though this does not seem to help. Additionally, whenever I shut down or restart...
  7. Another installer is already running?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Another installer is already running?: Im trying to download/update programs when i run into this error. Ive looked on many forums and sites and cannot find an answer to this problem.ive tried services.msc fix,still pops up. Tried disabling services and start up services to no avail. malware and virus detector...
  8. Another installer is already running?

Another installer is already running?: Im trying to download/update programs when i run into this error. Ive looked on many forums and sites and cannot find an answer to this problem.ive tried services.msc fix,still pops up. Tried disabling services and start up services to no avail. malware and virus detector...
  9. Windows 11 VCRedist & Runtime Install states "another installation is already in progress",...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 VCRedist & Runtime Install states "another installation is already in progress",...: Hello. I've had an issue with VCRedist Error Code 0x80070652 and Windows Runtime stating "Another installation is already in progress." I know for a fact another install is not in progress. I've reviewed all other forums that have been closed, but they're either outdated, for...
  10. Windows 11 VCRedist & Runtime Install states "another installation is already in progress",...

Windows 11 VCRedist & Runtime Install states "another installation is already in progress",...: Hello. I've had an issue with VCRedist Error Code 0x80070652 and Windows Runtime stating "Another installation is already in progress." I know for a fact another install is not in progress. I've reviewed all other forums that have been closed, but they're either outdated, for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mc microsoft redistributable another installation is already in progress

2. errcode Another Installation Already in Progress