Windows 10: error applying security

Discus and support error applying security in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to delete a file from my laptop but i can't because it says I need an admins permission even though I should be an admin when I go into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sophie Sanders, Oct 31, 2018.

1. error applying security

I'm trying to delete a file from my laptop but i can't

because it says I need an admins permission even though I should be an admin

when I go into properties and the advanced security tab and try and change owner

it says;

An error occurred while applying security information to:
    D:\McAfee\Endpoint Security ... \ap.bak.xml
    Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied

I cant seem to apply any changes I attempt to make in the properties tab

:)

Sophie Sanders, Oct 31, 2018
  2. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

error applying security

Error Applying Security

Hello,

The stop code usually encountered in NTFS (New Technology File System)
    file system when the ownership of the folder is disturbed. The best way to open the folder is to change the security settings. Follow the steps below:

• Right click the Main Folder.
    • Go to Properties.
    • Select Security Tab.
    • Click Advanced and then check the box “Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object”, then press
      OK.
    If you need further assistance, let us know.

Dyan Rey, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

error applying security

1. error applying security - Similar Threads - error applying security

2. Security Center, GPO is not applying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Center, GPO is not applying: The security center has recommendations to implement, and we completed a few on some test laptops before putting in production. The security score didn't go up for a setting after a few days, so we dove into it. An example would be the GPO named "Security Improvements, with a...
  3. Security Center, GPO is not applying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Center, GPO is not applying: The security center has recommendations to implement, and we completed a few on some test laptops before putting in production. The security score didn't go up for a setting after a few days, so we dove into it. An example would be the GPO named "Security Improvements, with a...
  4. how to fix error applying security

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to fix error applying security: also is it ok to copy programdata folder in another drive and delete from this one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-error-applying-security/e9e41091-6ebf-446d-ac55-4bcd33a7cf74
  5. how to fix error applying security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix error applying security: also is it ok to copy programdata folder in another drive and delete from this one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-error-applying-security/e9e41091-6ebf-446d-ac55-4bcd33a7cf74
  6. how to fix error applying security

7. Win Server Stuck at Applying Personalized Settings for: Applying enhanced security...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win Server Stuck at Applying Personalized Settings for: Applying enhanced security...: Hi,I have 2 win server 2019 and both of them after entering username and password gets stuck at "Applying Personalized Settings for: Applying enhanced security Configuration".desktop is black and small window is there with the above message, Whereas i can open task manager...
  8. Win Server Stuck at Applying Personalized Settings for: Applying enhanced security...

Win Server Stuck at Applying Personalized Settings for: Applying enhanced security...: Hi,I have 2 win server 2019 and both of them after entering username and password gets stuck at "Applying Personalized Settings for: Applying enhanced security Configuration".desktop is black and small window is there with the above message, Whereas i can open task manager...
  9. Installation error occured while applying security settings.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation error occured while applying security settings.: try to install node.js on windows 10. help please Installation error occured while applying security settings.Authenticatedusers is not a valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package or a problem connecting to a domain controller on the network.Check your...
  10. Error applying transforms

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error applying transforms: I am trying to uninstall the turbotax 2019 software from my computer which is running windows 10 but I get a error message that says "Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid." Please tell me how to fix this....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error applying security

2. erro applying security