Windows 10: Error applying virtual switch Properties Changes

Discus and support Error applying virtual switch Properties Changes in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi I have a Hyper-v Vm created in windows10 Pro [21H1] , I'm unable to create a virtual Switch because every time I try, I keep on getting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by viper5646, Jun 10, 2021.

1. viper5646 Win User

Error applying virtual switch Properties Changes

Hi I have a Hyper-v Vm created in windows10 Pro [21H1] , I'm unable to create a virtual Switch because every time I try, I keep on getting the following error. "Error applying virtual switch Properties Changes" Adding ports to the switch "virtual Switch" failed. the operation failed because the object was not found. I have tried resetting the adapter multiple times and keep on getting the same error. Thanks in advance.

:)

viper5646, Jun 10, 2021
  2. yj-u.4 Win User

An error occurred while applying changes to the properties of the virtual switch. (0xC0000022).

I have an error below when I try to create a new VMSwitch.

An error occurred while applying changes to the properties of the virtual switch.

An error occured while adding a virtual Ethernet switch connection.

Failed to bind the Ethernet port'{****}': {Access Denied} A process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights. (0xC0000022).

And this following is a dialogue by PowerShell;

PS C:¥Windows¥system32>Get-NetAdapter
    Name InterfaceDescription ifIndex Status MacAddress LinkSpeed
    ------- -------------------- ------- ------ ------------- -----------
    Ethernet Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller 7 Up **** 100Mbps
    vEthernet (Default Switch) Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapter 17 Up **** 10Gbps

PS C:¥Windows¥system32>$net = Get-NetAdapter -Name 'Ethernet'

PS C:¥Windows¥system32>New-VMSwtch -name "External VM Switch" -AllowManagementOS $true -NetAdapterName $net.Name

New-VMSwitch: An error occured while adding a virtual Ethernet switch connection.

Failed to bind the Ethernet port'{****}': {Access Denied} A process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights. (0xC0000022).

place row: 1 letter: 1

+ New-VMSwitch -name "External VM Switch" -AllowManagementOS $true -Net ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: Error applying virtual switch Properties Changes :)) [New-VMSwitch], VirtualizationException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorID: OperationFailed, Microsoft.HyperV.PowerShell.Commands.NewVMSwitch

The PC that I am controlling is for my work, and is not connected to the Internet. This means the error can be because of Firewall or function restricting by my company, however I or any co-workers with me do not know what the causes exactly are.

I am in need of your suggestions.

Best regard.

yj-u.4, Jun 10, 2021
  3. BPatel Win User
    VM XP in Hyper-v WIN 10 No ethernet and error creating Virtual switch

Your Suggestion: W10 to see a share on an XP machine you'll need to add 'SMB 1.0/CIFS Client' in Windows Features

1. I already have SMB 1.0/CIFS check marked in Win 10. Still don't get Ethernet

2. while creating Virtual switch I got following error msg.

Error : applying virtual switch properties changes failed while adding virtual ethernet connection.
    External Ethernet adapter " Intel (R) 82567V- 2 Gigabit network connection is already bound to Microsoft Virtual switch protocol.
    Any suggestion?

BPatel, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Vizor555 Win User

Virtual switch manager stuck at "applying changes"

I am trying to set-up a Linux vm inside my windows 10 pro computer using the guide at ten forums here: Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10

I have successfully turned on Hyper-v, however, when I go on to create a virtual switch from the virtual switch manager, it gets stuck at "applying changes". Just in case it was conflicting, I uninstalled virtualbox and rebooted, but it is still "applying
    changes" after two hours. How can I create virtual switches?

Vizor555, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Error applying virtual switch Properties Changes - Similar Threads - Error applying virtual

2. Folder property's doesn't apply to other folders within when checkbox 'Also apply this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder property's doesn't apply to other folders within when checkbox 'Also apply this...: Folder property's doesn't apply to other folders within when checkbox 'Also apply this template to all subfolders' is checked.How to reproduce:On my c:\ I have a folder with other folders with pictures. when browsing to a folder, the default view is pictures so it shows me...
  3. Folder property's doesn't apply to other folders within when checkbox 'Also apply this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder property's doesn't apply to other folders within when checkbox 'Also apply this...: Folder property's doesn't apply to other folders within when checkbox 'Also apply this template to all subfolders' is checked.How to reproduce:On my c:\ I have a folder with other folders with pictures. when browsing to a folder, the default view is pictures so it shows me...
  4. Fix Error applying Virtual Switch Properties changes in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Error applying Virtual Switch Properties changes in Hyper-V: [ATTACH]If you receive a prompt with the message Error applying Virtual Switch Properties changes when you try to re-create a Hyper-V virtual switch (vSwitch) for the same physical network adapter on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, then this post is intended to help...
  5. Switching Account Applied to User

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching Account Applied to User: My dad gave me his laptop, which I had been using for schoolwork and gaming, with all my stuff on his account. Is there a way to change his account to me instead of him? He is marked as a parent in the family of accounts. submitted by /u/Catdaddy0124 [link] [comments]...
  6. Virtual desktop switch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual desktop switch: Windows 10, laptop. Sometimes when I log onto my PC, the virtual desktop switches to the furthest on the right. I haven't seen anyone having the same problem, and it's bothering me. submitted by /u/grzesiu447 [link] [comments]...
  7. hyper-v generic error when open virtual switch manager, virtual switches cannot be enabled,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hyper-v generic error when open virtual switch manager, virtual switches cannot be enabled,...: Hi, I have a problem with Hyper-V on Windows 10 Pro 1903. For short, Hyper-v generic error when open virtual switch manager, virtual switches cannot be enabled (and vms that already created can run normally.) This issue happened a few weeks ago, last week and today, I...
  8. Removing old virtual switches

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Removing old virtual switches: I C! Yeah, I don't use the default switch because it has been disconnected from everything since a few host upgrades ago. I also had DL speed issues on host when using an external switch, but now all seems fine... EDIT: Tested real life single file DL speed from a...
  9. Hyper-v Virtual switch manager stuck at “applying changes” Windows 10

Hyper-v Virtual switch manager stuck at “applying changes” Windows 10: I am trying to set-up a Linux VM inside my windows 10 pro computer using the guide at ten forums here: Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10 I have successfully turned on Hyper-v, however, when I go on to create a virtual switch from the virtual switch...
  10. Virtual desktop switch

Virtual desktop switch: win+tab opens virtual desktop switch ... but by repeated press it again disappears instead of continuing to next desktop :/ do you know how to advance to next desktop ? by keyboard not by pointing cursor over 2nd desktop ??? (win+tab+1 .... did not worked) alt+tab -...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper-v cant create virtual switch in win10 error:0xC0000022