Windows 10: Error applying virtual switch Properties Changes

Discus and support Error applying virtual switch Properties Changes in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi I have a Hyper-v Vm created in windows10 Pro [21H1] , I'm unable to create a virtual Switch because every time I try, I keep on getting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by viper5646, Jun 10, 2021 at 6:17 PM.

1. viper5646 Win User

Error applying virtual switch Properties Changes

Hi I have a Hyper-v Vm created in windows10 Pro [21H1] , I'm unable to create a virtual Switch because every time I try, I keep on getting the following error. "Error applying virtual switch Properties Changes" Adding ports to the switch "virtual Switch" failed. the operation failed because the object was not found. I have tried resetting the adapter multiple times and keep on getting the same error. Thanks in advance.

:)

2. yj-u.4 Win User

An error occurred while applying changes to the properties of the virtual switch. (0xC0000022).

I have an error below when I try to create a new VMSwitch.

An error occurred while applying changes to the properties of the virtual switch.

An error occured while adding a virtual Ethernet switch connection.

Failed to bind the Ethernet port'{****}': {Access Denied} A process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights. (0xC0000022).

And this following is a dialogue by PowerShell;

PS C:¥Windows¥system32>Get-NetAdapter
    Name InterfaceDescription ifIndex Status MacAddress LinkSpeed
    ------- -------------------- ------- ------ ------------- -----------
    Ethernet Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller 7 Up **** 100Mbps
    vEthernet (Default Switch) Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapter 17 Up **** 10Gbps

PS C:¥Windows¥system32>$net = Get-NetAdapter -Name 'Ethernet'

PS C:¥Windows¥system32>New-VMSwtch -name "External VM Switch" -AllowManagementOS $true -NetAdapterName $net.Name

New-VMSwitch: An error occured while adding a virtual Ethernet switch connection.

Failed to bind the Ethernet port'{****}': {Access Denied} A process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights. (0xC0000022).

place row: 1 letter: 1

+ New-VMSwitch -name "External VM Switch" -AllowManagementOS $true -Net ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: Error applying virtual switch Properties Changes :)) [New-VMSwitch], VirtualizationException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorID: OperationFailed, Microsoft.HyperV.PowerShell.Commands.NewVMSwitch

The PC that I am controlling is for my work, and is not connected to the Internet. This means the error can be because of Firewall or function restricting by my company, however I or any co-workers with me do not know what the causes exactly are.

I am in need of your suggestions.

Best regard.

3. BPatel Win User
    VM XP in Hyper-v WIN 10 No ethernet and error creating Virtual switch

Your Suggestion: W10 to see a share on an XP machine you'll need to add 'SMB 1.0/CIFS Client' in Windows Features

1. I already have SMB 1.0/CIFS check marked in Win 10. Still don't get Ethernet

2. while creating Virtual switch I got following error msg.

Error : applying virtual switch properties changes failed while adding virtual ethernet connection.
    External Ethernet adapter " Intel (R) 82567V- 2 Gigabit network connection is already bound to Microsoft Virtual switch protocol.
    Any suggestion?

4. Vizor555 Win User

Virtual switch manager stuck at "applying changes"

I am trying to set-up a Linux vm inside my windows 10 pro computer using the guide at ten forums here: Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10

I have successfully turned on Hyper-v, however, when I go on to create a virtual switch from the virtual switch manager, it gets stuck at "applying changes". Just in case it was conflicting, I uninstalled virtualbox and rebooted, but it is still "applying
    changes" after two hours. How can I create virtual switches?

Thema:

1. Error applying virtual switch Properties Changes - Similar Threads - Error applying virtual

2. changing file properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    changing file properties: how can i change a WEBP file into a JPG file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-file-properties/e67e8077-f13f-4910-ba58-69ad61363ad8
  3. Switching Account Applied to User

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching Account Applied to User: My dad gave me his laptop, which I had been using for schoolwork and gaming, with all my stuff on his account. Is there a way to change his account to me instead of him? He is marked as a parent in the family of accounts. submitted by /u/Catdaddy0124 [link] [comments]...
  4. Virtual desktop switch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual desktop switch: Windows 10, laptop. Sometimes when I log onto my PC, the virtual desktop switches to the furthest on the right. I haven't seen anyone having the same problem, and it's bothering me. submitted by /u/grzesiu447 [link] [comments]...
  5. hyper-v generic error when open virtual switch manager, virtual switches cannot be enabled,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hyper-v generic error when open virtual switch manager, virtual switches cannot be enabled,...: Hi, I have a problem with Hyper-V on Windows 10 Pro 1903. For short, Hyper-v generic error when open virtual switch manager, virtual switches cannot be enabled (and vms that already created can run normally.) This issue happened a few weeks ago, last week and today, I...
  6. Not create Internel virtual switch

Not create Internel virtual switch: When I click on apply it doesn't create Jus show applying just applying......[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-create-internel-virtual-switch/f58e2230-7d5f-4bfe-a1d0-78533898b421
  7. error applying security

error applying security: I'm trying to delete a file from my laptop but i can't because it says I need an admins permission even though I should be an admin when I go into properties and the advanced security tab and try and change owner it says; An error occurred while applying security...
  8. Removing old virtual switches

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Removing old virtual switches: I C! Yeah, I don't use the default switch because it has been disconnected from everything since a few host upgrades ago. I also had DL speed issues on host when using an external switch, but now all seems fine... EDIT: Tested real life single file DL speed from a...
  9. Hyper-v Virtual switch manager stuck at “applying changes” Windows 10

Hyper-v Virtual switch manager stuck at “applying changes” Windows 10: I am trying to set-up a Linux VM inside my windows 10 pro computer using the guide at ten forums here: Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10 I have successfully turned on Hyper-v, however, when I go on to create a virtual switch from the virtual switch...
  10. Virtual desktop switch

Virtual desktop switch: win+tab opens virtual desktop switch ... but by repeated press it again disappears instead of continuing to next desktop :/ do you know how to advance to next desktop ? by keyboard not by pointing cursor over 2nd desktop ??? (win+tab+1 .... did not worked) alt+tab -...