Windows 10: Error Bad system config info

Discus and support Error Bad system config info in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After i stalling windows 10 ypdate I am recieveing a blue screen loop with error BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO. I have tried reseting only to get the another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rebecca Beyer, May 5, 2020.

1. Error Bad system config info

After i stalling windows 10 ypdate

I am recieveing a blue screen loop with error BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO. I have tried reseting only to get the another error saying there was a problem resetting. Start up repair brings me another error c:\WINDOWS\System32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt

i have also gone through tutorials using command prompt only to not be able to get the backup to come up.
    I have tried system restore that only brings me back to the choose an option blue screen

I have tried to also uninstall latest quality and feature updates which brings again , back to the blue screen menu.

Can you please help

:)

Rebecca Beyer, May 5, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Bad system config info

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The error Bad System Config means that something is wrong with the registry on your PC and you'll need to return to a previous configuration. It would be great, if you can help us with the details requested below:

• When do you get the error message?
    • Does the computer boot to the Desktop?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Error 0x74: Bad_system_config_info
    and see if that helps.

Note: The last step in the above article talks about performing a reset on the computer. Resetting the computer will delete all the files and applications from the computer. Do not perform reset on your computer.

You may also want to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 5, 2020
  3. Bad system config info

I keep getting a “bad system config info” error on my screen. It’s a blue screen error. I tried doing a bcdedit delete value and the path is an error. How do I fix this?

MartinCybulski, May 5, 2020
  4. Error Bad system config info

Bad Config Info error

Good day.

I am attempting to resolve a Bad Config Info error on a laptop. I tried the bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd and it comes back with results "Total Identified Windows Installations: 0" What would be the most appropriate next step?

Thank you

Nəgūś Motlotlegi R.Sathekge, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Error Bad system config info

1. Error Bad system config info - Similar Threads - Error Bad system

2. Bad system config info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad system config info: Hello! I have problem with my pc with hardware reserved ram and the blue screen "bad system config info". I have total 8gb ram and only 6 is usable.Then i saw videos and information to fix reserved ram in boot options in windows.After this change my ram still reserving 2 gb...
  3. Bad System Config-Info

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bad System Config-Info: My Laptop gave me the "Bad System Config Info" on the blue screen and after that the screen says "Preparing Automatic Repair" but never changes or shows any kind of loading after I let it sit over night. I have tried to launch into WinRE but it won't work no matter the method...
  4. Bad System Config Info

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bad System Config Info: Hello people of the Internet I am in desperate need of your help :( Last night my brother (diagnosed with Autistic Spectrum Disorder) was using our computer. I let him use it because he was just using google to search for school activities. And then I opened it and the...
  5. Bad System Config Info Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bad System Config Info Error: I was working on some school work when my computer suddenly crashed and restarted. The computer didn't even make it to my log in before it crashed again and again. Finally the computer went into the blue screen where it told me I had a bad system config info error. I have...
  6. Bad System Config Info

Bad System Config Info: It all started when I was playing Roblox and I closed it, after having some problems, I restarted it. Then it Blue Screened and gave me a Bad System Config Info error. Then, it went to "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete." I waited about 9 hours....
  7. Bad system config info

Bad system config info: Bad system config info https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-system-config-info/a004c111-41f4-410c-8858-294bdfcece64
  8. bad system config info

in Windows 10 Customization
    bad system config info: computer not booting in windows. get the message above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-system-config-info/0323eef5-9bcd-4ad7-9c64-12e201e88a24
  9. BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO: I’ve tried virtually everything I can find online and I’ve had enough of it. My computer has been in a “auto repair” “repair didn’t work” loop for like two weeks and I’m going insane, is there any way I can just use my computer and fix this? It doesn’t let me reset it and...
  10. "bad system config. info"

"bad system config. info": when i reboot my machine i get bad system config. info but after it goes the distance to 100% it reboots fine i am whitts end trying to figure this problem out, any help would be appreciated...