Windows 10: error box at start up saying "the recycle bin is corrupt. delete files ( yes / no )

Discus and support error box at start up saying "the recycle bin is corrupt. delete files ( yes / no ) in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; my computer displays an error box at start up saying "the recycle bin is corrupt. delete files ( yes / no ). Sometimes the yes /no buttons don't... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by brianpayne7, Mar 5, 2019.

1. error box at start up saying "the recycle bin is corrupt. delete files ( yes / no )

my computer displays an error box at start up saying "the recycle bin is corrupt. delete files ( yes / no ). Sometimes the yes /no buttons don't work , then a power down on the computer mains button is required to get the computer restarted. please please help

:)

brianpayne7, Mar 5, 2019
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Recycle Bin Corrupt on 2nd Internal Drive

I'm getting an error saying "The recycle bin on B: is corrupt, do you want to empty the recycle bin?" or something close to that. B Is my second internal drive... and I don't know where the recycle bin would be on it, because it just has a folder with various media I'm storing.

It pops up every now and then when I boot up or when I delete something from any location on my pc.

Any way to fix or disable this?

MLG The Canadian, Mar 5, 2019
  4. error box at start up saying "the recycle bin is corrupt. delete files ( yes / no )

Recycle Bin Corruption after Virus Removal

Hi Jim,

Thank you for taking time to post in our Microsoft Community.

If your Recycle Bin is corrupted, you can face various problems when using it.
    The Recycle Bin may not show the files that you may have been deleted from your File Explorer, or you may be unable to delete the files in the Recycle Bin – or even empty the Recycle Bin completely. At times you may even receive an Access Denied or a
    Corrupt Recycle Bin error message.

Follow the below steps to start troubleshooting this:

• Press Windows key + X, in the program list select
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the Command Prompt, type the following line, and then press ENTER:
      rd /s c:\$recycle.bin
    • When prompted to confirm the deletion, type Y, and press
      Enter
      to confirm.
    • Close the command prompt window and restart the computer.

Note: The message "The directory is not empty" may display in the command window. Ignore this message as it is related to the creation of a new directory. The files are removed.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

JericDale Ort, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

error box at start up saying "the recycle bin is corrupt. delete files ( yes / no )

1. error box at start up saying "the recycle bin is corrupt. delete files ( yes / no ) - Similar Threads - error box start

2. Recycle Bin Corrupted Pop-up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle Bin Corrupted Pop-up: I opened my laptop lid and it told be that my recycle bin was corrupted. It asked me if I wanted to delete all files in it, and since I only had one file for school I didn't need, I clicked yes. Is there anything I should be concerned about? Please reply soon....
  3. Recycle Bin Corrupted Pop-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle Bin Corrupted Pop-up: I opened my laptop lid and it told be that my recycle bin was corrupted. It asked me if I wanted to delete all files in it, and since I only had one file for school I didn't need, I clicked yes. Is there anything I should be concerned about? Please reply soon....
  4. Recycle Bin Corrupted Pop-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recycle Bin error message: Recycle Bin is corrupt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle Bin error message: Recycle Bin is corrupt: I ran rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin from elevated command prompt, and it didn't work. I tried deleting recycle bins on all drives, but this was not allowed on C drive. I then enabled built-in master administrator account and used it to delete recycle bins on all drives, and then I...
  6. Recycle Bin error message: Recycle Bin is corrupt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recycle Bin error message: Recycle Bin is corrupt: I ran rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin from elevated command prompt, and it didn't work. I tried deleting recycle bins on all drives, but this was not allowed on C drive. I then enabled built-in master administrator account and used it to delete recycle bins on all drives, and then I...
  7. Recycle Bin error message: Recycle Bin is corrupt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF: HOW CAN I DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE "recycle bin" ITSELF? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-all-files-in-recycle-bin-or-delete-recycle/eb83336a-44d1-47be-b51a-808eb6cbfc16
  9. Deleted Recycle Bin files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted Recycle Bin files: I deleted some files from the recycle bin permanently a few months ago and I now realized that I need them. I’ve downloaded a few apps to recover these files but they all retrieved random stuff that weren’t my files. What are the best free online applications that will help...
  10. Recycle bin is corrupted

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle bin is corrupted: I tried the method of rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin in cmd prompt but this is what happens: C:\WINDOWS\system32>rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.binC:\$Recycle.bin\S-1-5-~1\$R932BU1\3DMGAM~1.CRA\2016年全 部热门单机游戏及汉化下载.url - Access is denied....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows corrupted bin when starting up

2. after restart an error comes up saying recycle bin is corrupt