Windows 10: Error caused by Win10Pro update to build 1903: Various settings now unavailable

Discus and support Error caused by Win10Pro update to build 1903: Various settings now unavailable in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm aware of a few people having a variation of these user privilege issues but a search hasn't shown this one yet. I've tried the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Citizen Crazed, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Error caused by Win10Pro update to build 1903: Various settings now unavailable

Hi everyone,

I'm aware of a few people having a variation of these user privilege issues but a search hasn't shown this one yet. I've tried the various cures recommended elsewhere on the board and none has worked.

The system was built fresh onto a new SSD in November using build 1809 and was running fine. Then updated to build 1903 last week. Aside from resetting a lot of File Explorer view customisations and app defaults, it seemed to be more or less working properly. However, there are some odd errata, starting with the Lock Screen settings being grayed:

Error caused by Win10Pro update to build 1903: Various settings now unavailable 17647906-893a-4218-853f-821e99aedda2?upload=true.jpg

This wasn't a problem prior to the update. To reiterate I'm the installer of and only user on this system and am logged on via a local account running with admin privileges. There is no 'organisation' managing this system - other than me and (semi-sarcastically), Microsoft.

I'm also intermittently seeing this pop up on the front page of Security Center:

Error caused by Win10Pro update to build 1903: Various settings now unavailable 41decfa1-f449-4fed-8ee0-f3bafe093697?upload=true.jpg

I've tried some of the fixes already suggested for these kind of errors but no luck yet. I've also waited for the first round of updates to install - hoping that there would be a fix therein. No local policies set by me - and as I say none of these issues prior to the 1903 update. I'm an IT professional so no issues looking in the registry/GPEdit/etc if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks for reading Error caused by Win10Pro update to build 1903: Various settings now unavailable :)

:)

Citizen Crazed, Jun 19, 2019

2. Error caused by Win10Pro update to build 1903: Various settings now unavailable

Hi everyone,

I'm aware of a few people having a variation of these user privilege issues but a search hasn't shown this one yet. I've tried the various cures recommended elsewhere on the board and none has worked.

The system was built fresh onto a new SSD in November using build 1809 and was running fine. Then updated to build 1903 last week. Aside from resetting a lot of File Explorer view customisations and app defaults, it seemed to be more or less working properly.
    However, there are some odd errata, starting with the Lock Screen settings being grayed:

Error caused by Win10Pro update to build 1903: Various settings now unavailable 17647906-893a-4218-853f-821e99aedda2?upload=true.jpg

This wasn't a problem prior to the update. To reiterate I'm the installer of and only user on this system and am logged on via a local account running with admin privileges. There is no 'organisation' managing this system - other than me and (semi-sarcastically),
    Microsoft.

I'm also intermittently seeing this pop up on the front page of Security Center:

Error caused by Win10Pro update to build 1903: Various settings now unavailable 41decfa1-f449-4fed-8ee0-f3bafe093697?upload=true.jpg

I've tried some of the fixes already suggested for these kind of errors but no luck yet. I've also waited for the first round of updates to install - hoping that there would be a fix therein. No local policies set by me - and as I say none of these issues
    prior to the 1903 update. I'm an IT professional so no issues looking in the registry/GPEdit/etc if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks for reading Error caused by Win10Pro update to build 1903: Various settings now unavailable :)

Citizen Crazed, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Error caused by Win10Pro update to build 1903: Various settings now unavailable

Hi Citizen

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Try disabling telemetry to see if it resolves this problem.

Click Start > Settings > Privacy > Feedback and diagnostics.

Set it to basic

Click Start

Type: regedit

Right click regedit

Click Run as administrator

Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection.

Right click and create a DWORD value named AllowTelemetry then set

Press Windows key + R

Type gpedit.msc then hit Enter

Expand Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components

In the Windows Components dialog, find and right-click on Data Collection and Preview Builds

Then double-click Allow Telemetry in the right pane

Choose Disabled and choose 3-Full from the drop-down menu.

Then click OK to save settings

Click Apply and ok > reboot computer

If that does not work, this might be a bug.

File a bug report; send me the short link so I can vote on it and bring it to the attention of the Windows engineers.

https://windows10.help/blogs/entry/54-how-to-su...

Information in the above link is sourced from a trusted Microsoft MVP blog.

If that does not work, then I recommend you rollback to your previous version until this issue is fixed in a future cumulative update.

Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Recovery > under Go back to my previous version of Windows 10, click Get started.

or

Press Control + Alt + Delete

Click Sign out

At the Sign In screen, hold down the shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power button on the screen

Continue to hold down the shift key while clicking Restart

Continue to hold down the shift key until the Advanced Recovery Options menu appears

Click Troubleshoot

Click Advanced options

Click Go back to the previous version of Windows

Windows Update might attempt to upgrade to Windows 10 1903again. See instructions how to block it:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/block-windows-...

You can also consider performing a repair upgrade to fix it:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

Andre for Directly, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Error caused by Win10Pro update to build 1903: Various settings now unavailable

1903 Build causing issues on Ryzen build

So first of all my PC was running great before I updated to this 1903 build. But decided to update cause I wanted to try out this XBL Game Pass for PC and attempts at updating with 1803 installed kept throwing some error message at me about permissions.
    So I figured I'd just do the fresh install. This is where my problems begin. Since doing this fresh install I've noticed increased instability with Windows 10 on my PC. Causing the spinning circle freeze to happen (mostly notably with chrome which worked fine
    before the update).

Attempts to use task manager completely deadlocks the PC resulting in needing to shutting down the PC. Really at a lost right now.

Steps I've taken so far:

1. Fresh install of Windows 10
    2. Checked all drivers with MSI making sure they were up to date (Refused to install the AMD raid drivers though. Said ineligible or nothing compatible when I brought up the installation)
    3. Check System File integrity through sfc /scannow (no problems)
    4. Checked my memory through Windows Memory diagnostics (no issues)
    5. Check for viruses and malware on PC (came up clean)
    6. CPU temps look fine (recently installed Kraken X62 and still staying below 60c under load with 80f room temp)
    7. My Ryzen 2600X also had it's overclock removed since updating BIOS only the default boosting is on
    8. Checked my SSD firmware and that's up to date
    9. Windows 10 1903 build completely up to date
    Any advice would be welcomed please.

Hippeus Omega, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Error caused by Win10Pro update to build 1903: Various settings now unavailable

1. Error caused by Win10Pro update to build 1903: Various settings now unavailable - Similar Threads - Error caused Win10Pro

2. Various Errors causes BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Various Errors causes BSOD: I get BSOD from time to time. Tried reinstalling Windows one time but still the same.The latest one is Event 1001, BugCheck.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a 0x0000000000041790, 0xfffff180037a43c0, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000001....
  3. Various Errors causes BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various Errors causes BSOD: I get BSOD from time to time. Tried reinstalling Windows one time but still the same.The latest one is Event 1001, BugCheck.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a 0x0000000000041790, 0xfffff180037a43c0, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000001....
  4. Various Errors causes BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. update to build number 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    update to build number 1903: i am unable to update to the latest build number as bluetooth driver out of date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-to-build-number-1903/30ff5c50-95d6-4f3b-a69b-898282c32f85
  6. Windows update causing "desktop is unavailable" error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update causing "desktop is unavailable" error: A couple weeks back, I was prompted to install a windows update. I accepted, and after it had installed and updated, I signed in to my account to find a black screen, and an error message saying: C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable. If this...
  7. Aeroglass now available for build 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    Aeroglass now available for build 1903: Aero Glass for Win8+ I found there was a problem trying to download the installer from there (message is in Czech) so I used Google: https://www.techspot.com/downloads/6207-aero-glass-for-windows-8.html 137775
  8. 1903 Build causing issues on Ryzen build

1903 Build causing issues on Ryzen build: So first of all my PC was running great before I updated to this 1903 build. But decided to update cause I wanted to try out this XBL Game Pass for PC and attempts at updating with 1803 installed kept throwing some error message at me about permissions. So I figured I'd just...
  9. BSODs with various error codes & no clear cause

BSODs with various error codes & no clear cause: It can often take up to eight passes before errors show. Sometimes the errors can be because of the slots in the motherboard so it is hard to track this down. I think if you are still getting errors on two of the sticks then threre is no doubt they are faulty and should be...
  10. Various BSOD errors on new build

Various BSOD errors on new build: So since putting together my first Intel build I have been getting all sorts of BSOD errors when booting up my computer. They seem to change pretty often but some of the most common ones have been: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BAD_POOL_HEADER SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED...