Windows 10: Error changing cd - rom

Discus and support Error changing cd - rom in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; sir i installed catia v5 r20 software and it was downloaded from a youtube link . but now i am facing a problem to install when i am going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sayyadmansoor, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Error changing cd - rom

sir

i installed catia v5 r20 software and it was downloaded from a youtube link . but now i am facing a problem to install when i am going install the catia v5 r20 software it was showing " please remove the current cd-rom and insert cd-rom number2" so please give a suggestion to my problem.

:)

sayyadmansoor, Jul 26, 2020

2. CD rom

Hi Eugenia,

There are numerous reasons for your CD ROM not to be recognized by your system like corrupted registry entries, outdated drivers, or hardware issue. To isolate such issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer? To check, click the
      Start > Settings > System >
      About
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

You can also follow the steps
    here
    . The article lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for issues in recognizing CD drive.

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, Jul 26, 2020
  3. DVD/CD Drive Saying CD-Rom

My Dvd drive is listed in my device manager however it is set as cd rom in the description, it also wont open and is not set as my default drive, any suggestions?

windows 10 if that changes anything

LukeRobson, Jul 26, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Error changing cd - rom

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Error changing cd - rom

1. Error changing cd - rom - Similar Threads - Error changing rom

2. cd rom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cd rom: I have tried every suggestion on how to get windows 10 to recognize my cd drive,but nothing works. Is there any way to have microsoft correct this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/24c94139-11c5-4287-baff-1155b368f717
  3. cd rom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cd rom: I have tried every suggestion on how to get windows 10 to recognize my cd drive,but nothing works. Is there any way to have microsoft correct this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/24c94139-11c5-4287-baff-1155b368f717
  4. CD Rom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD Rom: I cannot open any of my word documents since I purchase a new office 365 can you help please. The message is saying there might be something wrong with my CD Rom drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/d4ad6025-8f38-4e94-9fb8-8e23ccacea88
  5. error change region in DVD/CD-ROM driver

error change region in DVD/CD-ROM driver: I have the problem of changing region in DVD driver, like pick shows. I could read tha same CDs before last update of Windows which was 10 days defore. Any help, I need the audio of CDs. [ATTACH]...
  6. CD Rom

CD Rom: I have a Lenovo laptop which is running off of Windows 10. I updated my computer some tome ago where ever since, I cannot play any DVD's. I have tried to diagnose the problem for months now and I am at a loss. My driver says that it is working properly and is up to date,...
  7. cd rom

cd rom: put cd in pc but can not find it at all, other bought cds normally comes up automatically, want to transfer it to my photos this is a cd made from a camcorder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/cf75d50f-69d8-44f1-b0f1-f44e86610239
  8. CD Rom

CD Rom: The D drive (CD Rom) appears in the explorer but I can't have it display the info on the disc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/4810c955-de87-4f6c-8106-7ede083218d8
  9. CD Rom

CD Rom: I go to play a CD in my DVD drive Audio CD CDFS. Then it tells me this file does not have an app associated with it for performing tis action, Please install an app or if one is all ready installed create and association in the default apps setting page. I don't know how to...
  10. cd rom

cd rom: hi, I installed a cd rom about 6 months ago, and never really ever had it work correctly. I put a information cd in and it will not load. I checked the device manager to confirm it is in the list, and I have removed/ reinstalled drivers several times....