Windows 10: Error changing where apps download

Discus and support Error changing where apps download in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, I am having a tough time changing where my apps download. I have a C drive SSD and I have a D drive HDD. My C drive is mainly for system files... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by AlexDerene, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Error changing where apps download

Hello, I am having a tough time changing where my apps download. I have a C drive SSD and I have a D drive HDD. My C drive is mainly for system files and windows stuff, and I want to download my apps from Microsoft store to my D drive. Before downloading, I click D drive and click install but that does nothing. I go to settings and change where my apps download and I change it from C to D but can't cause it gives me an error code and a message saying "the drive has apps from another device. To use this drive, the other apps must first be deleted." And then it gives me an error code 0x80070005. How do I fix this. I want my apps to download onto my D drive.

:)

AlexDerene, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Error changing where apps download

1. Error changing where apps download - Similar Threads - Error changing where

2. I can't change where Microsoft Store downloads apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't change where Microsoft Store downloads apps: I have been trying to download Forza Horizon 5 on my S: drive. I have gone to "Change where new content is saved" and changed where apps should go to. This didn't help, it still tried to download on the C: drive which I don't have enough space on. I don't know what the issue...
  3. I can't change where Microsoft Store downloads apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change where Microsoft Store downloads apps: I have been trying to download Forza Horizon 5 on my S: drive. I have gone to "Change where new content is saved" and changed where apps should go to. This didn't help, it still tried to download on the C: drive which I don't have enough space on. I don't know what the issue...
  4. I can't change where Microsoft Store downloads apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't change where apps save to?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change where apps save to?: I'm getting error code 0x80070005. Any help? submitted by /u/hypermads2003 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/is79ev/cant_change_where_apps_save_to/
  6. Can't Change Where Apps Download

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Change Where Apps Download: Hello, I have just purchased the Xbox Game Pass and now I can download all these awesome games. However, when given the option to choose where to download them, my D drive is greyed out saying I don't have permissions to download here. So I go to change that, and then it...
  7. changing where apps are saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    changing where apps are saved: when I try to download games the option to download in to my hard drive is not working when it redirects me to storage settings and gives me the option to change where content is saved I change apps to my hard drive it then says that I have files from another device on my...
  8. Change where apps are stored

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change where apps are stored: Hey guys I have a few windows apps (specifically games) that I would like to move over to a new drive. I used to do this by either redownloading them and changing the download drive by clicking settings>system>storage>change where new content is saved. Later on I found out...
  9. Downloaded Microsoft Apps, Where Are They?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Downloaded Microsoft Apps, Where Are They?: I have downloaded some apps from the Microsoft Apps Store, I have been told I now own them, but How do I open them. There are no shortcuts/links to them. They are not listed in the start menu and I can see no obvious reference to them anywhere. Can someone please help me?...
  10. Where are Windows Store apps downloaded to?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are Windows Store apps downloaded to?: Something very odd is happening. I tried to install a number of Windows Store apps ---- none of them would download, so I thought I would try again later, it might be a temporary glitch. Then by pure chance I discovered a lot of files from these apps on an external USB drive,...