Windows 10: Error Checking C drive and will not repair it properly

Discus and support Error Checking C drive and will not repair it properly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have tried to repair my C drive after getting a message whilst my computer is booting up. However my computer says that there is an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kev1na, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Kev1na Win User

Error Checking C drive and will not repair it properly

Hello, I have tried to repair my C drive after getting a message whilst my computer is booting up. However my computer says that there is an error checking the drive and when I restart my PC to repair the drive it doesn't work. My computer restarts and I check the status of my drive and it still says the same thing:What should I do?Kind regards

:)

Kev1na, Jun 28, 2022
  2. Jose Est Win User

repairing drive c

The part of process that you are in when updating Windows is the check disk (CHKDSK), the system is checking your drive for errors.

Are you still having the issue and stuck at Scanning and repairing drive process?

As a workaround, you can follow these steps to bypass the CHKDSK process:

• Hold down the power button for 4 seconds.
    • The PC will reboot.
    • You will get stuck again on the process, repeat step 1.
    • You will get a message "press any key to bypass the chkdsk."
    • Press any key and it will continue on the update process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Jun 28, 2022
  3. Im having a Repair C drive Errors.

Try This

Follow these steps to repair corrupt hard disk without formatting, and get back the data.

1. Step 1: Run Antivirus Scan. Connect the hard drive to a Windows PC and use a reliable antivirus/malware tool to scan the drive or the system. ...
    2. Step 2: Run CHKDSK Scan. ...
    3. Step 3: Run SFC Scan. ...
    4. Step 4: Use a Data Recovery Tool.

Anthony'sHelping Hands, Jun 28, 2022
  4. Paola Gar Win User

c-drive not accessible, access denied

Based on the error message you're getting, we'd like to know if you've tried repairing Office? If not, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click Search/Cortana.
    • Type Programs and Features and then press Enter.
    • Look for Microsoft Office from the list and then right-click to select
      Repair

It will automatically fix any issues that might be causing the problem. After running a repair, kindly check if you'll now be able to access (CError Checking C drive and will not repair it properly :) drive.

Tell us what would be the result.

Paola Gar, Jun 28, 2022
Thema:

1. Error Checking C drive and will not repair it properly - Similar Threads - Error Checking drive

2. Scanning and Repairing drive C error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scanning and Repairing drive C error: Once I turn on my PC, it takes a while to load, then the Scanning and Repairing drive C message shows up. But after only a second of it showing up, the PC auto-restarts itself, repeating the entire process. The actual scanning and repairing part doesn’t happen because the PC...
  3. Scanning and repairing drive C error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanning and repairing drive C error: I have on the screen Scanning and repairing drive C and after few hours it went on troubleshoot. I tried restarting it and enabling safe mode but it just went to error and restarted again and went back to Scanning and repairing drive....
  4. Error checking C drive and it will not repair properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error checking C drive and it will not repair properly: My C drive will not repair properly. It says that there is an error checking the driver, when I go to fix the drive and restart my PC nothing happens, it still says the same thing after the pc restarts....
  5. Error checking C drive and it will not repair properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error checking C drive and it will not repair properly: My C drive will not repair properly. It says that there is an error checking the driver, when I go to fix the drive and restart my PC nothing happens, it still says the same thing after the pc restarts....
  6. Error Checking C drive and will not repair it properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error Checking C drive and will not repair it properly: Hello, I have tried to repair my C drive after getting a message whilst my computer is booting up. However my computer says that there is an error checking the drive and when I restart my PC to repair the drive it doesn't work. My computer restarts and I check the status of...
  7. Error Checking C drive and will not repair it properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Checking C drive and will not repair it properly: Hello, I have tried to repair my C drive after getting a message whilst my computer is booting up. However my computer says that there is an error checking the drive and when I restart my PC to repair the drive it doesn't work. My computer restarts and I check the status of...
  8. C drive Error checking

C drive Error checking: I'm having an issue with my C drive where on boot windows will do a scan and repair on the drive. This happens every time on startup no matter what.This started after I completely reset my pc through windows settings.I'm not sure what's wrong but I've tried a couple thing...
  9. C Drive error, repair not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C Drive error, repair not working.: [ATTACH] Hello, I am new here and not sure if this is the proper place to even ask but thought I'd give it a shot. So a few days ago after downloading and playing a game and it crashing and restarting my computer I noticed on the boot that it would scan and try repairing...
  10. Drive C is checked and repaired?

Drive C is checked and repaired?: What can I do to stop it from appearing. It always comes at the start. [ATTACH] Laufwerk C wird überprüft und repariert?