Windows 10: Error checking on startup on every boot

Discus and support Error checking on startup on every boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i have the same exact problem as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vFxvz, May 20, 2020.

1. vFxvz Win User

Error checking on startup on every boot

vFxvz, May 20, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 20, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, May 20, 2020
  4. adulaamin Win User

S.M.A.R.T. Error on boot

One of my HDDs (WD10EARX) is showing a S.M.A.R.T. Error during boot but if I use WD's disk checking utility it says it's OK. I've backed up the files to another hard drive just in case. But should I just ignore the error on startup and continue using it? Oh and btw the error started showing up when I updated my mobo's BIOS from 1802 to 1903. On the old BIOS, no errors popped up on boot.

adulaamin, May 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Error checking on startup on every boot - Similar Threads - Error checking startup

2. Disk Check on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Check on startup: After I started my system, it began a disk Check out of the blue. Before that, it was turned off normally. What does it mean? Is it alarming or I should ignore it. It happened only once. submitted by /u/CptGiorgis [link] [comments]...
  3. Disk Checking on Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Checking on Startup: Hello. I own an Acer Swift 3 which I have the fear of it breaking. When I start up my computer, I see the message "Press any key to skip disk checking in # seconds." I always skip it, but then, I always have this question that comes up. The question that I have is "What...
  4. Disk check on startup with dual-boot to Linux

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk check on startup with dual-boot to Linux: Is it normal for Windows to show a disk checking prompt on startup with two operating systems installed on the same drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-check-on-startup-with-dual-boot-to-linux/d2db2b1f-5216-40ea-bd13-bf035b234df6
  5. Critical errors every boot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical errors every boot.: Hello, i just noticed i keep getting critical errors every boot. I don't know what this means i would appreciate it if someone would help me get rid of these errors. I will list the error below: Windows has started up: Boot Duration : 181114ms IsDegradation :...
  6. Weird Dual-Boot Startup Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weird Dual-Boot Startup Error: Some additional context can be found here. I had Windows 10 1803 installed on a HDD in an HP OMEN notebook. I installed a PCIe SSD. I used a bootable USB with Windows 10 1903 (from the Media Creation Tool) to install 1903 on the SSD and produce a dual-bootable setup. I have...
  7. Weird Dual-Boot Startup Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weird Dual-Boot Startup Error: Some additional context can be found here. I had Windows 10 1803 installed on a HDD in an HP OMEN notebook. I installed a PCIe SSD. I used a bootable USB with Windows 10 1903 (from the Media Creation Tool) to install 1903 on the SSD and produce a dual-bootable setup. I have...
  8. Password at every startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password at every startup: Win 10 Pro wants password at every logon. Tried various things..with netplwiz.exe,changing from Microsoft account to domain (sole PC) and this registry hack: [img] 16722
  9. Windows 10 Check Disk at every startup since creators update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Check Disk at every startup since creators update: Hi everyone. Ever since I updated Windows 10 to the creators update a few weeks ago, my HP Spectre laptop at startup has a message that pops up asking to perform a chkdsk or press space bar within 8 seconds. Any suggestions/recommendations on how to stop/get rid of this...
  10. Disk Checking at Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Checking at Startup: Hi Guys, I have been using Windows 10 for a while now with no issues, I currently have three HDD's installed in the PC, one that's used to boot windows, a secondary 250GB for extra storage and a 1TB drive to store\stream movies from. I was aware my 1TB HDD was not 100%...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 Check Disk at every startup on laptop with new ssd