Windows 10: error checking taking forever.

Discus and support error checking taking forever. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My external hard drive got corrupted and I reformatted it and now it is stuck error checking with the scanning and repairing on error checking for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Unrelenting_Fire, May 16, 2022.

1. error checking taking forever.

My external hard drive got corrupted and I reformatted it and now it is stuck error checking with the scanning and repairing on error checking for the drive. Would you know why it is taking so long with it only having 2 games on it being fortnite and overwatch. The drive is 1 TB.

submitted by /u/Unrelenting_Fire
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Unrelenting_Fire, May 16, 2022
  2. YukaDuka Win User

'Checking for updates' takes forever

Solved:

I first followed the steps on here (but skipped step 2, I didn't want to rename files because I read that can cause problems):

[Fix] Windows 8/8.1 Keeps Checking for Updates Forever

I think that also didn't work, my mind's a bit foggy. I then used this command (you need to run command prompt as administrator for this):

Code:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    Find more info on here about dism: Fix Windows Update errors via DISM or System Update Readiness tool - Windows Server | Microsoft Docs

Finally it's working now. At first it found like 138 important updates. After installing and restarting, apparently it found more (about 25) important updates. Also GPU driver is now installed.

YukaDuka, May 16, 2022
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, May 16, 2022
  4. abc242020 Win User

error checking taking forever.

Microsoft Store checking for updates is taking forever

On Netflix, I received error code U7111-1331 telling me to update my Netflix app in order to stream.

I went to the Netflix page on the Microsoft Store but it gave me no option to update the app. So I clicked on Downloads and Updates, checked for updates, and it's taking forever now. I'd imagine it's not supposed to take 20 minutes to check if any of your
    apps need to be updated. I have a stable internet connection as well.

It's been stuck like this:

error checking taking forever. 42763175-d899-4e4a-a7bc-164df59e50f1?upload=true.png

abc242020, May 16, 2022
Thema:

error checking taking forever.

1. error checking taking forever. - Similar Threads - error checking taking

2. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taking forever: I am the owner of an Acer Nitro 5 which meets what is needed to upgrade to windows 11. For the past 2 weeks I have been checking on the update and security and all I get are update for defender and so on but i have not been able to get the upgrade. And yes I did to the health...
  3. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taking forever: I am the owner of an Acer Nitro 5 which meets what is needed to upgrade to windows 11. For the past 2 weeks I have been checking on the update and security and all I get are update for defender and so on but i have not been able to get the upgrade. And yes I did to the health...
  4. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Update is taking forever

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update is taking forever: Hello, there was a system update for my Dell windows 10 laptop. When I updated it, it's been 4 hours already but it's still at 24%? It's not stucked, but it takes around 15 minutes every additional 1%. What should I do? submitted by /u/ngcy00 [link] [comments]...
  6. Microsoft Store checking for updates is taking forever

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store checking for updates is taking forever: On Netflix, I received error code U7111-1331 telling me to update my Netflix app in order to stream. I went to the Netflix page on the Microsoft Store but it gave me no option to update the app. So I clicked on Downloads and Updates, checked for updates, and it's taking...
  7. Checking for updates takes forever

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Checking for updates takes forever: It actually does not check for updates in Windows 10, why? 148176
  8. Windows 10 Checking for updates taking forever

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Checking for updates taking forever: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]While Windows 10 updates have smoothened over the years, there are still many scenarios where the update gets stuck. Windows regularly check for an update or when you click the button. But if your Windows 10 update is taking forever [...] This post Windows...
  9. Windows 10 checking for updates taking forever

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 checking for updates taking forever: Only noticed this when already on Creator's Update. See: windows update - Streamable Windows Update Troubleshoot didn't solve anything. Any help would be appreciated. 81721
  10. Startup takes forever.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup takes forever.: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and since then my PC (HP Envy i7) takes approximately 5 hours to boot. This really is frustrating. Please assist in resolving this issue. 37156