Windows 10: Error checking USB stuck

Discus and support Error checking USB stuck in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently plugged in my Verbatim 64 gb usb, and then a notification showed up saying there's something wrong with the usb like an error, and needs to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Eowyn Cakau, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Error checking USB stuck

I recently plugged in my Verbatim 64 gb usb, and then a notification showed up saying there's something wrong with the usb like an error, and needs to be fixed, so i started the error fixing process, but once it completes it got stuck there without saying the usual error fixed and usb ready to use thingy, its been 35 minutes now and still no luck. What should I do?

:)

Eowyn Cakau, Aug 18, 2019

2. USB composite device "driver error"

Can you send us a screenshot of the error message? We suggest uninstalling and re-installing USB drivers and check if the issue persists. To do that, please follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click on the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 18, 2019
  4. aronchick Win User

Error checking USB stuck

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Error checking USB stuck

1. Error checking USB stuck - Similar Threads - Error checking USB

2. checking for update stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    checking for update stuck: My Windows update keeps saying checking for updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/checking-for-update-stuck/04d2a749-2fdb-43a3-8873-344874b403d3
  3. checking for update stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    checking for update stuck: My Windows update keeps saying checking for updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/checking-for-update-stuck/04d2a749-2fdb-43a3-8873-344874b403d3
  4. USB Error Checking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Error Checking: Hello! usb had a problem. so i tried to scan and check it for repairs, but when i start the scanning and repair, nothing happens. the error checking doesn't load.what should i do? i tried it several times but i ended up powering off my computer since i can't eject my usb when...
  5. USB Error Checking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Error Checking: Hello! usb had a problem. so i tried to scan and check it for repairs, but when i start the scanning and repair, nothing happens. the error checking doesn't load.what should i do? i tried it several times but i ended up powering off my computer since i can't eject my usb when...
  6. USB Error Checking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Stuck Disk Checking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stuck Disk Checking: I have a laptop that has worked fine for many years. Yesterday I unplugged my secondary hard disk without windows, just data. I used a usb adapter to connect it to my other laptop, which worked fine. Upon reinserting it into my first laptop, and booting, it tells me that the...
  8. "Error Checking" stuck on "Scanning and reporting..."

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Error Checking" stuck on "Scanning and reporting...": Recently I got a 2TB external hard drive from Amazon that seemed to have fairly good reviews. When I got it, it seemed to work fine, but what I didn't know was that the hard drive was corrupted. Don't know how, since I got it brand new. I'm not an expert on external hard...
  9. stuck in checking for updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    stuck in checking for updates: I had to take my desk top back to factory specs, win 7. Went to win 10 upgrade page and ran update. Started down load then computer went to check for updates. It appears as if it is stuck there. Has been checking for updates 2 hours now. Am going to bed and letting it run....
  10. Stuck Checking For Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stuck Checking For Updates: Hi All, I reinstalled my factory W7 Home Premium x64 on a new ssd before upgrading to 10. Once I got up and going, fully activated windows 7. Both W7 (updates) and W10 installer get stuck "checking for updates". Neither W7 or W10 will get any updates. Any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error checking stuck