Windows 10: Error Cloning HD to SSD with AOMEI Partition Assistant, Error Code 5

Discus and support Error Cloning HD to SSD with AOMEI Partition Assistant, Error Code 5 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I'm trying to close my HD to an SSD with AOMEI Partition Assistant. It errored out right at the end with Error Code 5. It could not lock the volume. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by flightmedic, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Error Cloning HD to SSD with AOMEI Partition Assistant, Error Code 5

I'm trying to close my HD to an SSD with AOMEI Partition Assistant. It errored out right at the end with Error Code 5. It could not lock the volume. I rebooted as the instructions said and nothing.

When plugged into USB it is indeed cloned but as D:.

I tried swapping it out and the laptop said "no bootable media" or wording to that effect. It would not boot.

Anyone know how to lock the volume or get it to boot without having to spend the next 4 hours cloning the drive again?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

:)

flightmedic, Apr 12, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Cloning HD

I don't know about Acronis, but I use the Free version of
    AOMEI Partition Assistant
    to clone Drives and have never had any trouble . . .

Click HERE for a step by step on cloning your hard drive with AOMEI

DaveM121, Apr 12, 2019
  3. 0xc000000e windows 10 cloned on ssd

Hi all,

I've bought a lenovo y520-15IKBN, I want to clone the windows 10 system I had on my previous PC (dell vostro 1520) on my new ssd.

i switched SATA controler mode to AHCI because i couldn't see my ssd on lenovo PC.

I made a clone using Aomei backupper pro of my dell.

I installed it on my hdd using aomei.

booted on my hdd partition, cloned the hdd system on my ssd.

I now get 0xc000000e error on each booting on hdd and ssd.

and bootrec /rebuildbcd doesn't make it !

HELP ME PLEASE !! this is driving me MAD !

AymericJOUON, Apr 12, 2019
  4. g geek Win User

Error Cloning HD to SSD with AOMEI Partition Assistant, Error Code 5

clone MBR HD to bootable GPT partition?

My HP Vista laptop took a swim and died. I pulled the 320MB HD, put it in an external enclosure and found it still good. Bought a new Dell Win 10 machine w/ 1TB HD. Plan was to:

• Partition off a piece of the new 1TB w/ native Win10 Disk Management.

• Clone the 320MB Vista drive into the new partition w/ Easeus Partition Manager.

• Run Paragon-adaptive-restore on the Vista partition.

• Set up as dual-boot Win10 / Vista.
    Ran into problems right away. Apparently can't clone the MBR HD to a GPT partition and have it remain bootable. Don't see a way to do this without wiping the new Dell 1TB clean – which I'm hesitant to do, especially since I'm about 6000 miles from
    home right now.

• What's the solution to cloning the MBR drive to a bootable GPT partition?

• Am I on the right track? I really want to preserve this Vista installation - I have 30+ years of data in legacy programs on it that would be very difficult to access in Win10.
    TIA

g geek, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

Error Cloning HD to SSD with AOMEI Partition Assistant, Error Code 5

1. Error Cloning HD to SSD with AOMEI Partition Assistant, Error Code 5 - Similar Threads - Error Cloning SSD

2. Cloned PC HD to SSD now Error code 0xc0000225 on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloned PC HD to SSD now Error code 0xc0000225 on Windows 11: I used Macrium Reflect to clone the mechanical HDD on my daughter's PC to a new fast SSD drive.Installed the drive, booted up the PC and then connected the old drive and removed the partitions from the old drive and formatted it new for her data drive.When I rebooted her PC,...
  3. Cloned PC HD to SSD now Error code 0xc0000225 on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloned PC HD to SSD now Error code 0xc0000225 on Windows 11: I used Macrium Reflect to clone the mechanical HDD on my daughter's PC to a new fast SSD drive.Installed the drive, booted up the PC and then connected the old drive and removed the partitions from the old drive and formatted it new for her data drive.When I rebooted her PC,...
  4. Gettings SSD to Boot, Cloned with AOMEI

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Gettings SSD to Boot, Cloned with AOMEI: So I have a bit of HDD spaghetti I need to sort out so I felt it best to clone my windows 10 drive to an SSD as I will be transferring it to new hardware (also a dell). Ive attached a screenshot of my current disk management screen on the original/old computer. Disk 0 is an...
  5. Blank Screen After Failed Merge of Partitions Using AOMEI Partition Assistant

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blank Screen After Failed Merge of Partitions Using AOMEI Partition Assistant: I have recently tried to merge my C and D System Partition is G Partitions using AOMEI Partition Assistant . It started in PreOS mode but after some time it failed saying you could press any key to exit setup. I pressed space key and it restarted my system. Now windows...
  6. error code 5 when trying to install Aomei backupper pro trial

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error code 5 when trying to install Aomei backupper pro trial: Hi,this is actually kind of a long explanation,it started when I downloaded comodo browser,I saw it loaded an antivirus on my system , but I already have one , so after alot of trouble I manage to uninstall comodo browser ,But then I noticed cloud comodo antivirus still...
  7. Free today Aomei Partition Assistant Pro 8.5

Free today Aomei Partition Assistant Pro 8.5: Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily - includes creating a bootable disk too. 146751
  8. Clone laptop hd to SSD not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clone laptop hd to SSD not working: I cloned laptop to SSD and it says cloned successfully. I stick the SSD into the laptop and it doesn't work. Messages on screen say ' Initialising and establishing link' Then ' DHCP' with a flashing slash' 'Exiting intel boot agent cannot boot from any device' then to a...
  9. Trying to Clone HD to SSD with AOMEI and I get Error 5 "Failed to Lock

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to Clone HD to SSD with AOMEI and I get Error 5 "Failed to Lock: Wasn't sure what forum to this in: I'm trying to close my HD to an SSD with AOMEI Partition Assistant. It errored out right at the end with Error Code 5. It could not lock the volume. I rebooted as the instructions said and nothing. When plugged into USB it is indeed...
  10. Aomei Partition Assist Pro Free

Aomei Partition Assist Pro Free: There is a giveaway of the Pro version 6.0 WinX DVD?????????Digiarty?6???????????2016Xmas???????????? 73359

Users found this page by searching for:

1. aoemi partition assistant error 0xc0000225

2. aomei partition assistant error 5

3. aomei partition asistant error code 5 artinya

4. aomei 4101 error clone,
  5. aomei partition error code 5