Windows 10: Error code 0x80040x97 and more

Discus and support Error code 0x80040x97 and more in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My desktop pc was working fine until I turned it on today. After a few blue screens which I still don't know the cause of, but they eventually subsided... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SirWamble, Jan 26, 2021.

1. SirWamble Win User

Error code 0x80040x97 and more

My desktop pc was working fine until I turned it on today. After a few blue screens which I still don't know the cause of, but they eventually subsided the first thing I noticed when I booted up my pc was that Razer Synapse wasn't detecting any of my devices. So I looked around for a while and tried to fix that. It didn't work. After I had tried everything I could find I decided that I might as well see if it will fix itself and so I opened up Steam and launched a Ubisoft game. The Ubisoft Connect program opened to log me in but then told me that it had lost connection and that there was a problem with my internet connection. I wanted to make sure this wasn't just something on Ubisoft's end so I loaded up Roblox. When I tried to launch Roblox I got an error message that said 'an error occured while starting Roblox' and 'Error: Unknown error 0x80072f89'. I looked up this error and found a bunch of stuff about the error. It was something to do with the Windows Mail app and my internet apparently. I ran through all the troubleshooters trying to fix the problem but all to no avail. After trying just about everything, I saw a post about a similar code and OneDrive, I had a look and after reading through the post I decided to check OneDrive as I had recently installed it. I used the search bar to find One Drive and ran it as administrator. I recieved an error that stated 'OneDrive couldn't be installed. The file you downloaded might be damaged, or there might be a problem with certificates on your pc.' The error also said I should try and reinstall OneDrive so I first tried uninstalling it so I could do a clean install but I recieve a similar message with the same code. I tried installing OneDrive using the newest installer and got the same result. Once again I tried everything I could find on the internet but nothing worked. I keep on seeing posts that say to uninstall and then reinstall OneDrive if you get this error but I literally cannot uninstall it. I unlinked my pc from OneDrive but the problems still persist. I'm not exactly sure what is causing these problems as I am still able to use my browsers to visit websites and stream content. The only thing I can think of that could cause these problems at this point is the most recent 'Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus' Definition Updates that I get every day or my hardware is not doing so good. Please help.

Running Windows 10 Home version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

:)

SirWamble, Jan 26, 2021
  2. meloneum Win User

BIOS error codes

So I have motherboard with installed small LED screen, which presents BIOS error codes.

Where can I find a list of those errors. And I don't mean beep codes, but the "number" codes.

Ex after installing sound card, the motherboard startup fails with the code 15.

Example picture of code is here.

meloneum, Jan 26, 2021
  3. linhlz Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Mark_W. Win User

update error code 801812CB

Hello ShawnWilliams:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding your update error. At this point, I will provide some basic troubleshooting and request more information. There is no documentation or mention of this specific error by other customers. Please verify the following:

• What is the exact error code and message included?
    • Where do you receive this error, on the PC, on the phone, in the Zune software, etc...?
    • What is the current OS running on your phone, tap settings > about > more info?
    • What is the OS running on your PC?

As for general troubleshooting, try the steps in this article,
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2484484?wa=wsignin1.0
    . As there is no mention of your error code I do suggest you review all the steps in this article. I would start with the steps for error code 801812C1 as this is the closest code I could find to the
    one posted.

If you continue to have this error after trying the above steps, please attempt the update from another PC connected to a different network. If you can we would also suggest you use another sync cable.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Error code 0x80040x97 and more - Similar Threads - Error code 0x80040x97

2. Cannot Update Windows 10, error code 0x800700c1, plus more

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Update Windows 10, error code 0x800700c1, plus more: Hi, I've been trying to fix this problem for the last 2 days, and I've run in to several issues:I've tried running sfc /scannow but I get the error code 'Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.'I then tried repairing that issue, and no luck with the...
  3. Cannot Update Windows 10, error code 0x800700c1, plus more

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Update Windows 10, error code 0x800700c1, plus more: Hi, I've been trying to fix this problem for the last 2 days, and I've run in to several issues:I've tried running sfc /scannow but I get the error code 'Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.'I then tried repairing that issue, and no luck with the...
  4. Cannot Update Windows 10, error code 0x800700c1, plus more

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP ERROR and more of this codes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP ERROR and more of this codes: Hi,I have more of this codes this days. Also I upgrade my windows to win11. So, I upload my files from Minidumps folder.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqUuDauKaZ4OiFoTJsIN5AcD0Udk?e=uX5oUyPlease help......
  6. UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP ERROR and more of this codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP ERROR and more of this codes: Hi,I have more of this codes this days. Also I upgrade my windows to win11. So, I upload my files from Minidumps folder.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqUuDauKaZ4OiFoTJsIN5AcD0Udk?e=uX5oUyPlease help......
  7. error code Error 0x80131500 not a single microsoft app works any more

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    error code Error 0x80131500 not a single microsoft app works any more: i just wanted to go to the xbox app to download some games but the whole app doesnt work i tried going to the microsoft store i got the error Error 0x80131500 the email app also doesnt work all the sudden...
  8. Error code 0x80040c97 and more

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error code 0x80040c97 and more: My desktop pc was working fine until I turned it on today. After a few blue screens which I still don't know the cause of, but they eventually subsided the first thing I noticed when I booted up my pc was that Razer Synapse wasn't detecting any of my devices. So I looked...
  9. MORE UPDATES MORE ERROR'S FOR ME

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MORE UPDATES MORE ERROR'S FOR ME: HI IAM KOREON SMITH FROM INDONESIA First I have a big question and I happen to be a new laptop, because I went to design school, so I bought a laptop that has only 8GB of RAM with AMD Ryzen 5 that can handle some heavy design applications for a while before assembling...
  10. Failing to install itunes, Onenote, and more.. error code 0x080070005

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Failing to install itunes, Onenote, and more.. error code 0x080070005: Hello, Windows 10 Build 1511 (I rolled back from anniversary update because my Logitech webcam software stopped working) Trying upgrade iTunes to latest version or installing Onenote etc... = fail with error code 0x080070005. Any ideas please? Thanks John 78875