Windows 10: Error Code: 0x80070005 while trying to download Films & TV-App

Discus and support Error Code: 0x80070005 while trying to download Films & TV-App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So 2 days ago I wasn't able to open an mp4 file, in fact any file so double clicking on the file wouldnt open films and tv. I could open Films & TV... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by yty_tw, Mar 10, 2022.

1. yty_tw Win User

Error Code: 0x80070005 while trying to download Films & TV-App

So 2 days ago I wasn't able to open an mp4 file, in fact any file so double clicking on the file wouldnt open films and tv. I could open Films & TV once but still wasn't able to open the files. The only way I could watch them is with VLC or with Fotos. I didn't want to use VLC or Fotos, so I searched for a solution, tried everything and eventually decided to uninstall it, restart my pc and try to reinstall it. This didn't work and still doesn't and keeps giving me the code: 0x80070005. I scanned my drives and they are working perfectly fine. *Edit: Groove Music also has the same error co

:)

yty_tw, Mar 10, 2022
  2. LPComp Win User

Store Update error 0x80070005 of Microsoft Photos and Films & TV

Downloaded the Windows Update Troubleshooter, followed the steps in the wizard to find and fix problems with Windows Update, but Store cannot update Microsoft Photos and Films & TV. Still error message "Try that again/ Somthing wen wrong./ The error code
    is 0x80070005, in case you need it."

Please Help !!!

Error Code: 0x80070005 while trying to download Films & TV-App 8ee1dfda-7af7-47ae-8a86-00dd3d222674.jpg

LPComp, Mar 10, 2022
  3. xIainx Win User
    Films & TV App

Hi Justine,

thank you for helping me. I followed the steps that you outlined in your reply, but when I reached step 3 a small frame opened, however, I could not edit to remove the device. This was display only. The document appears to be saying you can only remove a
    device by logging in to that device.

For your info I am running Windows 10 Pro in S mode. version 1803 OS build 17134.254.

In the support documents is says:-

How to see your devices

To find out how which and how many devices are currently associated with the Films & TV app:

1. Start the Films & TV app.
    2. Go to Settings and tap or click Show my download devices.The pop-up window will display the various devices to which you can download your purchases.
    How to remove a device

Note You can only remove one device every 30 days.

To remove a device:

1. Sign in to the device that you want to remove.
    2. Start the Films & TV app.
    3. Go to Settings and tap or click Download devices.
    4. Tap or click Remove this device.

Many thanks

xIainx, Mar 10, 2022
  4. xIainx Win User

Films & TV App

How do I remove a device that I have listed as being able to download movies when the device is broken and I cannot logon to it? The help seems to suggest, you logon to the device then go to the Films & TV app and select settings. In this path you can
    then select Remove this device. Problem is I cannot logon to that device. Any ideas? Thanks

xIainx, Mar 10, 2022
Thema:

1. Error Code: 0x80070005 while trying to download Films & TV-App - Similar Threads - Error Code 0x80070005

2. Error 0xc3380000 when trying to download purchases movies in the Films and TV App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0xc3380000 when trying to download purchases movies in the Films and TV App: When trying to download movies in my library using this built in Films and TV app, I get the error 0xc3380000.Does anyone know how I can resolve this?thanks...
  3. Error 0xc3380000 when trying to download purchases movies in the Films and TV App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0xc3380000 when trying to download purchases movies in the Films and TV App: When trying to download movies in my library using this built in Films and TV app, I get the error 0xc3380000.Does anyone know how I can resolve this?thanks...
  4. Error Code: 0x80070005 while trying to download Films & TV App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Code: 0x80070005 while trying to download Films & TV App: I dug through junk files on the C: drive and deleted some of them. Then I wanted to open the video with Movies & TV by default, but nothing happened and it didn't work. I decided to delete it and then download it again. The removal was successful, but when downloading in the...
  5. Error Code: 0x80070005 while trying to download Films & TV App

Error Code: 0x80070005 while trying to download Films & TV App: I dug through junk files on the C: drive and deleted some of them. Then I wanted to open the video with Movies & TV by default, but nothing happened and it didn't work. I decided to delete it and then download it again. The removal was successful, but when downloading in the...
  6. Error Code: 0x80070005 while trying to download Films & TV-App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Code: 0x80070005 while trying to download Films & TV-App: So 2 days ago I wasn't able to open an mp4 file, in fact any file so double clicking on the file wouldnt open films and tv. I could open Films & TV once but still wasn't able to open the files. The only way I could watch them is with VLC or with Fotos. I didn't want to use...
  7. Films & TV App

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Films & TV App: Hello, I have a pc and I accidentally uninstalled it in the Films & TV App. I would like to reinstall it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/films-tv-app/860284b6-65c4-493b-8438-438cf4f70a5b
  8. Errors playing and downloading films with Film & TV or Movies & TV ... Same app different...

Errors playing and downloading films with Film & TV or Movies & TV ... Same app different...: This is a PC Film & TV issue not an XBox issue. I part watched a film then left it so I could sleep. When I went back to it it would not play. Just remained on a black screen. I tried downloading it, it would not download, stuck on pending then an error. Tried playing a...
  9. Films & TV App

Films & TV App: How do I remove a device that I have listed as being able to download movies when the device is broken and I cannot logon to it? The help seems to suggest, you logon to the device then go to the Films & TV app and select settings. In this path you can then select Remove this...
  10. Films & Tv App

Films & Tv App: Hi Guys In the Films & Tv app is it possible to get my personal films to arrange by folder rather than all listed by name. I'm sure I had it like that but something has changed and now there all listed on one page sorted by name. Info - My movies are all stored on an...