Windows 10: Error Code 0X80070057 Why can I copy some of my files/folders from 1 of my drives to my new...

Discus and support Error Code 0X80070057 Why can I copy some of my files/folders from 1 of my drives to my new... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Why can I copy some of my files/folders from 1 of my original Win 7 hard drives, moved it to a 3rd drive in new Windows 10 system. When I try to copy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BertWindham, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Error Code 0X80070057 Why can I copy some of my files/folders from 1 of my drives to my new...

Why can I copy some of my files/folders from 1 of my original Win 7 hard drives, moved it to a 3rd drive in new Windows 10 system. When I try to copy some files not all, most do copy to the new ssd 2nd drive, i get the error 0X80070057.

also notice the files I cant copy form my Windows 7drive/ original folder, I can copy it to a folder that has a desktop link on the ssd . Are the original files linked to a original location, or is there an answer?

Have already checked the drives for failures.. etc..

Thanks

Bert Windham

:)

BertWindham, Jun 7, 2020

2. error code 0x80070057 when copying files windows 10

error code 0x80070057 when copying files windows 10

MichaelThompson1200, Jun 7, 2020
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Wozzer Win User

Error Code 0X80070057 Why can I copy some of my files/folders from 1 of my drives to my new...

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Error Code 0X80070057 Why can I copy some of my files/folders from 1 of my drives to my new...

1. Error Code 0X80070057 Why can I copy some of my files/folders from 1 of my drives to my new... - Similar Threads - Error Code 0X80070057

2. Can I copy paste all files from my previous install to my new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I copy paste all files from my previous install to my new one: Recently I found myself regreting that I did reset my windows 11 since I had lots of usefull software on it and I configured it to the last detail. I have an older ssd that has the backup windows install I was copying my old ssd partitions to the new one. But there is a...
  3. Can I copy paste all files from my previous install to my new one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I copy paste all files from my previous install to my new one: Recently I found myself regreting that I did reset my windows 11 since I had lots of usefull software on it and I configured it to the last detail. I have an older ssd that has the backup windows install I was copying my old ssd partitions to the new one. But there is a...
  4. Can I copy and paste files from my school one drive to my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I copy and paste files from my school one drive to my PC?: I have a question about transferring files from my school one drive. I have some files that I want to transfer to my PC documents and some to my personal one drive. Can I just copy and paste the folders from school one drive to the designated area that I want those folders to...
  5. Can I copy and paste files from my school one drive to my PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I copy and paste files from my school one drive to my PC?: I have a question about transferring files from my school one drive. I have some files that I want to transfer to my PC documents and some to my personal one drive. Can I just copy and paste the folders from school one drive to the designated area that I want those folders to...
  6. Can't copy some files in a folder to my personal device.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't copy some files in a folder to my personal device.: Hi, I have a large collection of audio in a folder on my computer. I wanted to copy it to my phone. In this process, only 42 of the 107 audio tracks present are being copied. The rest aren't responding to the action at all. Drag and drop, copy/cut paste, nothing worked. It's...
  7. Error Code 0x80070057 Could not update Windows, did scf/scannow, my files got deleted from...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error Code 0x80070057 Could not update Windows, did scf/scannow, my files got deleted from...: Hi, I have Win10 Professional on my pc. I wanted to check if I had any windows updates then I got Error Code 0x80070057 and my windows defender did not work. Then I downloaded Malware bytes and run for 6h to scan whole pc... found 30 files which I deleted ofc... later I...
  8. Can not copy files to a 6 TB hard drive get the error code 0x80070057 when trying to copy...

Can not copy files to a 6 TB hard drive get the error code 0x80070057 when trying to copy...: I've formatted the 6 TB hard drive on you uefi win10 pc It had no issues with transferring Files or folders 2 the 6 TB hard drive I then Connect to drive to another computer by USB2.0The drive was Seen With the available storage still on the on the drive and accessible But...
  9. 0x80070057 Error while copying a file from usb

0x80070057 Error while copying a file from usb: Hello Recently my system ran into trouble and then I reinstalled windows windows 10 using the recovery drive. In order to preserve my data from these kind of failures my friends advised me to create partition, so I created a partition. Note: I created partition after...
  10. 0x80070057 error. Has my drive failed?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0x80070057 error. Has my drive failed?: Hello, I got a BSOD and when I try to restart my machine I get the 0x80070057 error. Trying to repair in recovery gets the srt.trail error. I've tried al the bootrec etc fixes I could find, I never had acces to /bootfix or was unable to activate drives, etc. Even tried...