Windows 10: Error code: 0x800704DE: continue with work in progress

Discus and support Error code: 0x800704DE: continue with work in progress in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to download zip file sent from my financial institute to work on my taxes. I emailed them to myself since trying to download them using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DebraCobb1, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Error code: 0x800704DE: continue with work in progress

I am trying to download zip file sent from my financial institute to work on my taxes. I emailed them to myself since trying to download them using Turbo Tax resulted in being disconnected every single time I tried! My computer worked last year when doing taxes and now it is not!

:)

DebraCobb1, Jan 28, 2019

2. Error code: 0x800704DE: continue with work in progress

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the error message "0x800704DE: continue with work in progress" that you are getting, we would like to know the following:

• Does this only happen to a certain folder/file? Or are all your folders/files affected?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of the error message so we can see all the details?

There is a possibility that the zip file is corrupted. We suggest that you try obtaining another copy or try using a different program to open it, and check if the issue still persists.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 28, 2019
  3. pgok15 Win User
    Error code: 0x800704DE: continue with work in progress

After the recent windows update my computer has been doing a few weird things. The screen occasionally goes black and I need to restart my computer. More recently I received this error message when trying to unzip a folder of pdf files:
    0x800704DE: continue with work in progress

pgok15, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Error code: 0x800704DE: continue with work in progress

"Error 0x800704DE: continue with work in progress"

Hi,

In order for us to better assist you with error 0x800704D that you are getting when trying to open a photo file, we would like to gather more information:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Does this only happen to a certain photo file? Or are all your files affected?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error message so we can see all the details?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Error code: 0x800704DE: continue with work in progress

1. Error code: 0x800704DE: continue with work in progress - Similar Threads - Error code 0x800704DE

2. "Another installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before continuing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Another installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before continuing...: When I am installing any .msi program, "Another installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before continuing this one." error occurs, but no other installation is running. And after any installation, the msiexec.exe process does not stop and continues...
  3. Windows 11 update continuously fails. Error code: 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update continuously fails. Error code: 0x80070005: Hi, I'm having an issue where I try to update from Win 11 version 21H2 to 22H2, but it fails when I get to installing 53%. I've researched this error code and it seems to be caused by lack of permissions, however I'm the admin account on my PC. I'm not sure why this is...
  4. Windows 11 update continuously fails. Error code: 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 update continuously fails. Error code: 0x80070005: Hi, I'm having an issue where I try to update from Win 11 version 21H2 to 22H2, but it fails when I get to installing 53%. I've researched this error code and it seems to be caused by lack of permissions, however I'm the admin account on my PC. I'm not sure why this is...
  5. Computer continually crashes BSOD - error code 133

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer continually crashes BSOD - error code 133: I have had my desktop now for bout 7 months with no issues, recently my computer has been crashing multiple times per day.This started a few weeks ago, but it's gotten to the point now where it is basically un-useable.I would get the BSOD with a error of "DPC Watchdog...
  6. Continuous BSOD errors with various Stop Codes

Continuous BSOD errors with various Stop Codes: Hi, I have been having BSOD for couple of months now but it has got more frequent. I got BSOD today twice in 10 minutes. - Link to 1st BSOD today: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArU5xwPk5EFTgP8M5FPgxgth4c2G4Q?e=3zFl05 - Link to 2nd BSOD today:...
  7. Windows Settings continuously displays "Updates in progress"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Settings continuously displays "Updates in progress": Hi, System is Windows 10 Pro 2004 x64. The issue is that whenever I open Settings, the Windows Update indicator at the top shows a yellow exclamation mark and "Updates in progress". If I click on the indicator I'm taken to the Windows Update page. Whether I check for...
  8. The Troubleshooting wizard can't continue. Error Code: 0x8007005

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Troubleshooting wizard can't continue. Error Code: 0x8007005: Trying to run Troubleshoot. This is the message I receive: Unexpected error. The Troubleshooting wizard can't continue. Details: Error Code: 0x8007005...
  9. The troubleshooting wizard can not continue. Error code 0x80070005.

The troubleshooting wizard can not continue. Error code 0x80070005.: I've been at this situation for a while and I'm losing patience. When right clicking on any program located on my desktop (.ink shortcuts) or in File Explorer, and running the compatibility troubleshooter, this comes up. [ATTACH] Running the troubleshooting wizard...
  10. Intel Security Issue Update: Progress Continues on Firmware Updates

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Security Issue Update: Progress Continues on Firmware Updates: Intel continues to work closely with industry partners to protect customers against the security exploits disclosed by Google Project Zero. As I shared January 22, we identified the root cause of the reboot issue affecting the initial Broadwell and Haswell microcode updates....
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error 0x800704de

2. error code 0x800704de

3. error 0x80074DE

4. 0x80074DE,
  5. error 0x800704de: Continue with work in progress,
  6. adobe error code 0x800704de,
  7. 0x800704de error