Windows 10: Error Code [0x800706d9]. Cannot access sign in and xbox store games.

Discus and support Error Code [0x800706d9]. Cannot access sign in and xbox store games. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have an error that does not allow me to play flight simulator or sign in to my Microsoft store. I have tried enabling the Firewall and storage... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ZorawarSandhu, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Error Code [0x800706d9]. Cannot access sign in and xbox store games.

I have an error that does not allow me to play flight simulator or sign in to my Microsoft store. I have tried enabling the Firewall and storage service as well as reinstalling MS store through powershell and repairing it through settings. Is there anything I can do? Perhaps some service that pertains to sign ins? The error I recieve on Flight Simulator 2020 is "This service has not been started."

Thank you for reading this and I hope you have some troubleshooting ideas!

:)

ZorawarSandhu, Feb 10, 2021

2. Error code 0x80070520 when signing into Store and/or XBox Live games

Following various problems with Microsoft Solitaire Collection and Microsoft Ultimate Word Games I performed a clean install of Windows 10 Pro X64.

For a while everything worked well and then I started getting error code 0x80070520 when trying to sign into the store or the games.

So I performed another clean install but the problems persist.

I can sign into my Microsoft account, Outlook, Xbox.com, and live.xbox.com from my browser, and I can sign in from an Xbox with that account.

But it seems that the interface from Windows 10 has problems.

Hairy Scot, Feb 10, 2021
  3. IuPtah Win User
    Windows Store or Xbox Live can't sign in. error 0x800706d9. Enable service "Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant"

Windows Store or Xbox Live can't sign in. error 0x800706d9. Enable service "Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant"

type this up please. lots of people accidentally disable this service and then encounter generic errors when trying to use the windows store app or xbox app. It's a simple fix, but all I see is people talking about troubleshooters and other services.
    At least update the other documentation to show that this is also a critical service related to the solution. While you're at it... update your troubleshooter so that it tells the users if they disabled this service, and offer to re-enable it!

Thank you.

IuPtah, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Error Code [0x800706d9]. Cannot access sign in and xbox store games.

type this up please. lots of people accidentally disable this service and then encounter generic errors when trying to use the windows store app or xbox app. It's a simple fix, but all I see is people talking about troubleshooters and other services.
    At least update the other documentation to show that this is also a critical service related to the solution. While you're at it... update your troubleshooter so that it tells the users if they disabled this service, and offer to re-enable it!

Thank you.

Bonnie_2856, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

Error Code [0x800706d9]. Cannot access sign in and xbox store games.

1. Error Code [0x800706d9]. Cannot access sign in and xbox store games. - Similar Threads - Error Code 0x800706d9

2. Microsoft Store download error: Code: 0x800706D9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store download error: Code: 0x800706D9: I am unable to download/install apps from the Microsoft StoreClicking on the 'Get' button starts an attempt to download the app resulting in the button turning to 'Retry' stating "There has been an error. See details". Details, "Something unexpected happened. Reporting this...
  3. Microsoft Store download error: Code: 0x800706D9

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store download error: Code: 0x800706D9: I am unable to download/install apps from the Microsoft StoreClicking on the 'Get' button starts an attempt to download the app resulting in the button turning to 'Retry' stating "There has been an error. See details". Details, "Something unexpected happened. Reporting this...
  4. Error Code: 0x800706D9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Code: 0x800706D9: Good Evening,Everytime I try to download an app from the store, I receive the following error Code: 0x800706D9 and I cannot install it. Also the apps Calculator, snipping tool etc which were installed before the update to Windows 11 do not work.Thanks...
  5. Error Code: 0x800706D9

Error Code: 0x800706D9: Good Evening,Everytime I try to download an app from the store, I receive the following error Code: 0x800706D9 and I cannot install it. Also the apps Calculator, snipping tool etc which were installed before the update to Windows 11 do not work.Thanks...
  6. Windows Microsoft Store Error Code 0x800706d9

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Microsoft Store Error Code 0x800706d9: So while I was trying to log in with my Microsoft Account it just gave me this code: 0x800706d9I can't use Microsoft Store or Microsoft Account...
  7. Microsoft Store will not work: Error Code: 0x800706D9.

Microsoft Store will not work: Error Code: 0x800706D9.: I can't download any App from the Microsoft Store. I need PredictWind Offshore urgently but all I get is an error code: Code: 0x800706D9. I get this for any app I try to download. I have reset the store several times and I have looked at the firewall settings but it does not...
  8. Code: 0x800706D9 Microsoft store

Code: 0x800706D9 Microsoft store: Getting this error when trying to update. I have windows 10, 2004 build I have latest update I had restarted pc I did restart with no third-party apps allowed at startup I did diagnose and selective startup restarts I did msreset.exe I uninstalled and installed MS store I...
  9. Windows Store or Xbox Live can't sign in. error 0x800706d9. Enable service "Microsoft...

Windows Store or Xbox Live can't sign in. error 0x800706d9. Enable service "Microsoft...: Windows Store or Xbox Live can't sign in. error 0x800706d9. Enable service "Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant" type this up please. lots of people accidentally disable this service and then encounter generic errors when trying to use the windows store app or xbox app....
  10. Windows Store or Xbox Live can't sign in. error 0x800706d9. Enable service "Microsoft...

Windows Store or Xbox Live can't sign in. error 0x800706d9. Enable service "Microsoft...: Windows Store or Xbox Live can't sign in. error 0x800706d9. Enable service "Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant" type this up please. lots of people accidentally disable this service and then encounter generic errors when trying to use the windows store app or xbox app....