Windows 10: Error Code: 0x80073D26 Cant install Gaming Services in Microsoft Store, thus cannot install...

Discus and support Error Code: 0x80073D26 Cant install Gaming Services in Microsoft Store, thus cannot install... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So first when I tried to install wasteland 3 on the microsoft store, I got the infamous "Try again later, something happened on our end." After going... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by vPizzas, Dec 20, 2020.

1. vPizzas Win User

Error Code: 0x80073D26 Cant install Gaming Services in Microsoft Store, thus cannot install...

So first when I tried to install wasteland 3 on the microsoft store, I got the infamous "Try again later, something happened on our end." After going through some trouble shooting steps, I ended up running some commands that made me have to install Gaming Services. But everytime I try to install it gets almost completed and then gives an error with the code above.

Things I have tried:

ran wsreset

ran windows store app troubleshooter

ran DISM and SFC commands

DISM / Online / Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth and sfc /scannow

reset the store

logged in and out of store

hard reset

idk what else to do

also this is my first time trying to install game pass games on my computer since I can not access my xbox for a while.

:)

vPizzas, Dec 20, 2020
  2. SandmanLG Win User

Getting error code 0x80073D26 when trying to install Gaming Services

When trying to install Gaming Services (Xbox) from the Windows Store I get the error 0x80073D26 when installing (after download is complete)

The app does not exist in add/remove programs.

The Xbox app has a banner stating that Gaming Services needs to be installed.

Games from the Xbox app will not install.

Using powershell, the app does not appear in the list (get-appxpackage Gaming* and get-appxpackage Microsoft.Gam*), nor can I remove it that way (as there's nothing to remove).

Event viewer entries: Event Viewer-> Applications and Services->Microsoft->Windows->AppXDeployment-Server->Microsoft-Windows-AppxDeploymentServer/Operational shows the following error:

AppX Deployment operation failed for package Microsoft.GamingServices_2.43.13001.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe with error 0x80073CF6. The specific error text for this failure is: error 0x80073D26: While processing the request, the system failed to register
    the windows.service extension due to the following error: The package installation failed because a different version of the service is installed. Try installing a newer version of the package.

SandmanLG, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Error Code: 0x80073D26. Can't install Gaming Services from Microsoft Store, nor can I reinstall xbox app.

So I've seen similar posts, but from some time ago, and none of the proposed solutions worked for me. My Xbox app stopped downloading games properly after I uninstalled Final Fantasy 15. After exhausting the recommended solutions related to 0x80073D26 on
    the web, I'm worse off than I started. I don't have Gaming Services or the Xbox app on my computer at this point. The Microsoft Store attempted to install Gaming services, but comes up with the previously mentioned error code. Now, it won't even bring up my
    list of updates, and when I try to install the xbox app (either through the store or from an installer) it just straight up freezes. I've canceled my subscription because I'm basically paying for nothing now. I'd love to restart it, the game selection is excellent.

I've tried:

Resetting both the store and the xbox app, as well as manually uninstalling the xbox app and trying to use the installer.

Clearing the Store Cache using the wsreset command.

Clean Boot, with no antivirus or firewall.

I've also tried a command line in powershell (admin). "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers"

followed by: "start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN" at which point I hit 'install' and the store froze. Once I minimized it to look at something else I couldn't open it again.

None of these things has made a dent. In fact, like I said, I'm in worse shape now.

ZachChaffee, Dec 20, 2020
  4. Error Code: 0x80073D26 Cant install Gaming Services in Microsoft Store, thus cannot install...

Gaming services

Hello TheDankestYo,

My name is Alex. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today. Please check and try the step in this forum to see if it will help you get your issue resolve.

Error Code: 0x80073D26 Can't install Gaming Services from Microsoft Store, nor can I reinstall xbox app.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Alex Cruz

Independent Advisor

alexiscruz1985, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Error Code: 0x80073D26 Cant install Gaming Services in Microsoft Store, thus cannot install...

1. Error Code: 0x80073D26 Cant install Gaming Services in Microsoft Store, thus cannot install... - Similar Threads - Error Code 0x80073D26

2. Microsoft Store cant install Xbox or Gaming services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store cant install Xbox or Gaming services: Everytime I try to install Xbox or Gaming services I get the error I will link below. I have done everything in this guide : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-app-simply-wont-install/629873d9-feee-4d20-8592-34dd4c73c778 , this guide :...
  3. Microsoft Store cant install Xbox or Gaming services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store cant install Xbox or Gaming services: Everytime I try to install Xbox or Gaming services I get the error I will link below. I have done everything in this guide : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-app-simply-wont-install/629873d9-feee-4d20-8592-34dd4c73c778 , this guide :...
  4. Microsoft Store cant install Xbox or Gaming services

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Installing gaming services Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing gaming services Microsoft Store: when i open a game, it takes me to the microsoft store and tells me i need to install and game services even though there is no button to install them. I have tried so many ways and none of them work, not even xbox support was able to solve this problem. Please help me, I...
  6. Fix Gaming Services Install Error 0x80073D26 Microsoft Store Error

Fix Gaming Services Install Error 0x80073D26 Microsoft Store Error: This Video Will Fix Gaming Services Install Error 0x80073D26 Video Link : https://youtu.be/wpZ3BZokSOA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-gaming-services-install-error-0x80073d26/f138b97c-844b-443e-913e-b6b1dcd81e85
  7. error Code: 0x80073D26

error Code: 0x80073D26: I uninstalled and reinstalled gaming services because I got the 0x000001 error code so I reset gaming services and windows store but now I can't download gaming services again. Please help.a...
  8. Getting error code 0x80073D26 when trying to install Gaming Services

Getting error code 0x80073D26 when trying to install Gaming Services: When trying to install Gaming Services Xbox from the Windows Store I get the error 0x80073D26 when installing after download is complete The app does not exist in add/remove programs. The Xbox app has a banner stating that Gaming Services needs to be installed. Games from...
  9. Windows Store / Xbox App Not Letting Me Install Games Code: 0x80073D26

Windows Store / Xbox App Not Letting Me Install Games Code: 0x80073D26: I have been trying to fix this for hours and have read through many other threads and nothing has worked so far. On both the Xbox App and the Microsoft Store, games that I want to install won't install. When I go to install them, the download starts, then errors itself after...
  10. Error Code: 0x80073D26. Can't install Gaming Services from Microsoft Store, nor can I...

Error Code: 0x80073D26. Can't install Gaming Services from Microsoft Store, nor can I...: So I've seen similar posts, but from some time ago, and none of the proposed solutions worked for me. My Xbox app stopped downloading games properly after I uninstalled Final Fantasy 15. After exhausting the recommended solutions related to 0x80073D26 on the web, I'm worse...
Tags: