Windows 10: Error Code 0x80080008 while trying to install games via the Xbox (Beta) app

Discus and support Error Code 0x80080008 while trying to install games via the Xbox (Beta) app in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I try to download games off the Xbox app follows these two stages: It reads: Preparing 0% - 0 B of 21.6 GB Then, error details: 0x80080005... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Stefanuk12, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Error Code 0x80080008 while trying to install games via the Xbox (Beta) app

When I try to download games off the Xbox app follows these two stages:

1. It reads: Preparing 0% - 0 B of 21.6 GB
    2. Then, error details: 0x80080005

I've tried quite a few solutions online and I can not find any that actually work. When I google the error code, it says it's some windows update error but my windows updates are perfectly fine. I've even went to Microsoft Chat Support and they couldn't figure out a fix either. In addition, I can't install the same games on the Windows Store app itself. It seems to only affect Game Pass games, that I don't own. When I went to check my subscriptions (in the Windows Store), it states that I only have the console game pass when I clearly have the PC as well. I know this because it says I do in the Xbox app. Help.

Edit: I forgot to state that downloads speeds are extremely slow as well for the Windows Store.

https://i.imgur.com/Wopj9b4.png - Preparing

https://i.imgur.com/iq8CuWj.png - Error

https://i.imgur.com/VJmXsR9.png - Windows Update

https://i.imgur.com/uELEIhQ.png - Windows Store Subscriptions

https://i.imgur.com/85obIeT.png - Xbox app Subscriptions

submitted by /u/Stefanuk12
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Stefanuk12, Jan 27, 2020

2. Error 0x8004E103 when trying to install Gaming Services, Xbox (BETA) apps

I am an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscriber. In December, my Xbox (BETA) app stopped working to browse and install new games. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and got the above error code when reinstalling.

In searching for solutions to this to reinstall Xbox (BETA), one suggestion involved uninstalling and reinstalling Gaming Services from the Windows Store, and I'm getting the same error trying to reinstall this app.

I've tried a number of solutions found online (WSReset, check date/time, install updates) and nothing is working. I now cannot play any game installed from Windows Store. Can anyone help?

EllandRoad Dave, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New Xbox beta app update available for Windows 10

Source: Xbox (beta) app - Windows Store

Brink, Jan 27, 2020
  4. st0rmr0ad Win User

Error Code 0x80080008 while trying to install games via the Xbox (Beta) app

Error code: 0x80073d13 (Xbox Game Pass PC Beta)

When installing certain games on the Xbox Game Pass PC Beta app I seem to be getting Error code: 0x80073d13, Games will download to about 4.5%-9% then come up with the error.

Trying to install Metro, Wolfenstein, We Happy Few, Imperator: Rome and probably others I have not yet tried will give me this error.

I really hope this is not similar to the Microsoft Store error that does not allow certain games/programs to be installed on other drives besides C: which I don't think it is cause Halo Wars 1 seems to be giving me a different error code that I think is
    the disk drive error but I am not sure but It would really suck to have a bunch of games you can't install and we can't decide on a game-by-game basis yet so say I had just enough space for Metro on my C: drive but not enough to include another game from my
    other drive I can't specify that (atleast I think) it would all have to be on the same drive.

Update: That seems to be what the error is, must be installed on your main C: drive, when I disconnect my external drive Xbox app will auto download Metro directly to my C: drive

st0rmr0ad, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Error Code 0x80080008 while trying to install games via the Xbox (Beta) app

1. Error Code 0x80080008 while trying to install games via the Xbox (Beta) app - Similar Threads - Error Code 0x80080008

2. error code 0x80073d0d on the xbox app while trying to repair installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error code 0x80073d0d on the xbox app while trying to repair installation: I downloaded yakuza kiwami a while back and I've been playing it ever since, yesterday i was going to install flight simulator and to make up free space, i merged two partitions together. One of the partitions merged had yakuza in it. When i tried to launch the game today, i...
  3. error code 0x80073d0d on the xbox app while trying to repair installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error code 0x80073d0d on the xbox app while trying to repair installation: I downloaded yakuza kiwami a while back and I've been playing it ever since, yesterday i was going to install flight simulator and to make up free space, i merged two partitions together. One of the partitions merged had yakuza in it. When i tried to launch the game today, i...
  4. Microsoft Gaming Services, Xbox Beta, Xbox Game Bar not installing Error code 0x8004E103

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Gaming Services, Xbox Beta, Xbox Game Bar not installing Error code 0x8004E103: So I've been trying for the last 5 or so hours to re-install gaming services so I can keep playing minecraft with my wife, I've tried everything said in the following links:...
  5. Microsoft Gaming Services, Xbox Beta, Xbox Game Bar not installing Error code 0x8004E103

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Gaming Services, Xbox Beta, Xbox Game Bar not installing Error code 0x8004E103: So I've been trying for the last 5 or so hours to re-install gaming services so I can keep playing minecraft with my wife, I've tried everything said in the following links:...
  6. Microsoft Gaming Services, Xbox Beta, Xbox Game Bar not installing Error code 0x8004E103

7. error 0x80080008

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error 0x80080008: hi, ive had this error for a few months now and no matter what I do or advice I follow nothing seems to work, ran everything as admin too tried this link...
  8. Error 0x8004E103 when trying to install Gaming Services, Xbox BETA apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x8004E103 when trying to install Gaming Services, Xbox BETA apps: I am an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscriber. In December, my Xbox BETA app stopped working to browse and install new games. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and got the above error code when reinstalling. In searching for solutions to this to reinstall Xbox BETA, one...
  9. I can not download games from Xbox (beta) app via Xbox game pass for PC. Error code: 0x87E0000D

I can not download games from Xbox (beta) app via Xbox game pass for PC. Error code: 0x87E0000D: Hello! I have tried about everything. I updated my windows to November 2019 update 1909. I reinstalled Xbox app, reset Microsoft store, reinstalled framework redistros, reinstalled drivers, I am an administrator on my computer, I have enough disk space and I have also tried...
  10. Error 0x80080008

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0x80080008: In short, I planned to play a game called "Osu!". In the process of doing so, I decided I wanted to use earbuds instead of using my USB headphones. I noticed that my laptop wasn't detecting my earbuds via audio jack, and i looked up the reason and found it had something to do...
Tags: