Windows 10: Error code 0x8009002d and cannot login to administrator account

Discus and support Error code 0x8009002d and cannot login to administrator account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; This happened about a month ago, where one day when I tried to log into my administrator account, I got an error code message (0x8009002d), basically... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ThomasPartin, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Error code 0x8009002d and cannot login to administrator account

This happened about a month ago, where one day when I tried to log into my administrator account, I got an error code message (0x8009002d), basically unable to let me log into my administrator account using my pin. I forgot the password to the account, and even unable to reset it by e-mail/microsoft due to the email I used for it being deleted. Now, all I have is my local account which is frustrating since I am unable to download anything or manage my files.
    Thank you.

:)

ThomasPartin, Nov 7, 2018

2. Error code 0x8009002d and cannot login to administrator account

This happened about a month ago, where one day when I tried to log into my administrator account, I got an error code message (0x8009002d), basically unable to let me log into my administrator account using my pin. I forgot the password to the account,
    and even unable to reset it by e-mail/microsoft due to the email I used for it being deleted. Now, all I have is my local account which is frustrating since I am unable to download anything or manage my files. I tried reseting my whole pc, but cannot since
    I need more space, and my pc only has a total of 27 GB in the C: drive. I've tried a lot of possible solutions i've searched up on the internet, and nothing worked. I'm hoping I can get a working solution soon. Thank you.

Coconut003, Nov 7, 2018
  3. signing in to my hp laptop error code 0x8009002d

the administrator account is unable to sign in and locked out with error code 0x8009002d. so I'm extremely limited to what I can do...

stephaniesmith1987, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

Error code 0x8009002d and cannot login to administrator account

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Before we proceed, may I know the steps you took to initiate the system reset?

Given the nature of this issue, I would suggest you to take a backup of the data into an external drive and proceed with the steps to reset the Windows 10 through the Installation media.

If you have a recovery DVD, please refer to the suggestions from the below mentioned article and refer to the following section ‘Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC’.

Article -
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

If you do not have a recovery disk, kindly follow the suggestions from the below mentioned article and refer to the following section ‘Use installation media to restore or reset your PC’.

Article -
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

This is because, the only account present in the system is not an administrative account, and hence no major change can be made on your system. The reset through the settings will not get through since that would require a free space of 8GB and the
    total hard disk space itself is 27 GB.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Error code 0x8009002d and cannot login to administrator account - Similar Threads - Error code 0x8009002d

2. Account Administrator Login Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Administrator Login Issue: Trying to login to my windows account on my desktop as administrator and it asks me for my windows password again, and I type in the same exact password, and it says it is incorrect. Not sure what to do to get logged in. I keep having account issues, and I'm pretty sure this...
  3. Account Administrator Login Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account Administrator Login Issue: Trying to login to my windows account on my desktop as administrator and it asks me for my windows password again, and I type in the same exact password, and it says it is incorrect. Not sure what to do to get logged in. I keep having account issues, and I'm pretty sure this...
  4. Local Administrator account will not login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local Administrator account will not login: A new local non-Microsoft account was just created with a new password in Windows 10. When the login screen comes up from "Switch users," and the new account name and password are entered, the account will not login. Both the user name and the password have been updated and...
  5. Local Administrator account will not login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Administrator account will not login: A new local non-Microsoft account was just created with a new password in Windows 10. When the login screen comes up from "Switch users," and the new account name and password are entered, the account will not login. Both the user name and the password have been updated and...
  6. error code 0x8009002d

error code 0x8009002d: New aspire laptop. Day 3 and all of a sudden when in out-of sleep pin doesn't work! Need a restart ..very annoying. What do I do that is Simple to fix.. Would go to a store but am in full lockdown here. Argh...
  7. cannot change accounts or login as administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot change accounts or login as administrator: Can only login with one account. Cannot access other accounts or sigin as administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-accounts-or-login-as-administrator/8677c47e-4b7b-4805-b7ad-fc2da8a3a79a
  8. Cannot login as administrator account disabled

Cannot login as administrator account disabled: Wondering if anyone could help me please. I purchased a second hand compute stick STK1AW32SC when I try to boot up it says the administrator account has been disabled and cannot get any further. How can I get logged in? Thanks...
  9. Cannot login to Windows with Microsoft account - Store fails with error code

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot login to Windows with Microsoft account - Store fails with error code: I have had problems with my user account since doing the 1903 upgrade. I am now using a Local Account linked to my C:/Users folder. It is stable but will not convert to a signed-in MS account, as I get a Store error every time I try to upgrade. this is from the log, after the...
  10. I cannot login into my administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot login into my administrator account: I was fooling around and made my actual original admin account that I knew the password to into a "Device Owner" account and since then, every time I try to open the control panel to press "Change account type" I get confronted with a message that says put admin user and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to correct the code 0x8009002d cant access the laptop as all

2. code: 0x8009002d unable to login

3. 0x8009002d error code

4. fault code 0x8009002d