Windows 10: Error code 0xc0000142 while shutting down unexpectedly.

Discus and support Error code 0xc0000142 while shutting down unexpectedly. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After i fully scan(windows defender, and mcafee antivirus) my laptop, it began to shutdown unexpectedly showing the error code everytime i use it. Does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JamesGabica, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Error code 0xc0000142 while shutting down unexpectedly.

After i fully scan(windows defender, and mcafee antivirus) my laptop, it began to shutdown unexpectedly showing the error code everytime i use it. Does anyone knows how to fix this.

:)

JamesGabica, Jan 3, 2019
  2. xarzu Win User

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

xarzu, Jan 3, 2019
  3. error code 0xc0000142

Hi Sally,

The error code "0xc0000142" that you encountered when opening Microsoft Office applications can be caused by several factors including a recent update or corrupted data files on the system. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any recent changes made or updates installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you attempted?
    • Which version of Microsoft Office do you have?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

As an initial recommendation, you can follow the steps on this
    link
    to repair an Office application. The article provides a step-by-step guide for different versions of Windows and Microsoft Office.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jan 3, 2019
  4. xman2007 Win User

Error code 0xc0000142 while shutting down unexpectedly.

0xc0000142 error code 3 errors in total

left my computer on last night when i went to bed and when i got up today and tried to launch the sims 2 i received the following error code 0xc0000142 ing me the application cannot be started, it also happened when i tried to start any application such as notepad and i had to manually restart my pc to correct it, also in event viewer i keep getting a message regarding the usb device driver so ive uploaded a screenshot of that

and last but not least most of the time windows time and date changes on its own and cannot be updated from the internet it just says an error occurred while windows was synchronising with time.windows.com and in event viewer it says " The time service has not been able to synchronize the system time for 49152 seconds because none of the time providers has been able to provide a usable time stamp. The system clock is unsynchronized." (although i think the time thing maybe due to a low cmos battery even though my mobo is only a uear old )

xman2007, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Error code 0xc0000142 while shutting down unexpectedly.

1. Error code 0xc0000142 while shutting down unexpectedly. - Similar Threads - Error code 0xc0000142

2. Unexpected shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unexpected shut down: Hey all, I've been getting unexpected shutdowns 2 days in a row now. I'm not sure what's causing it and The event viewer didn't help me too much. This is the log below. ANy assistance would be severely appreciated.- <Event...
  3. Unexpected shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unexpected shut down: Hello Microsoft. Suddenly my laptop Surface Laptop 2 began to turn off without any reason. I tried to fix it but unfortunately, it happens again and again. I don't know what caused this problem. Baterry is full. But when I try to move my laptop 1 inch it directly turn off,...
  4. HiBoardDataReport.exe Application error with code 0xc0000142 when shutting down computer.

HiBoardDataReport.exe Application error with code 0xc0000142 when shutting down computer.: I don't know how this error started popping up, but when I would shut my laptop down, this error would pop up with something like:HiBoardDataReport.exe - Application ErrorThe application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142. Click OK to close the application.It hasn't...
  5. HiBoardDataReport.exe Application error with code 0xc0000142 when shutting down computer.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HiBoardDataReport.exe Application error with code 0xc0000142 when shutting down computer.: I don't know how this error started popping up, but when I would shut my laptop down, this error would pop up with something like:HiBoardDataReport.exe - Application ErrorThe application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142. Click OK to close the application.It hasn't...
  6. HiBoardDataReport.exe Application error with code 0xc0000142 when shutting down computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Shut down unexpectedly.

Shut down unexpectedly.: Please help.I don't know when was the first time this problem occur but here it is. The previous system shutdown at 11:22:44 PM on ‎30/‎3/‎2022 was unexpected.The previous system shutdown at 1:15:00 AM on ‎3/‎4/‎2022 was unexpected.The previous system shutdown at 2:17:00 AM...
  8. Error code: 0xc0000142

Error code: 0xc0000142: I had downloaded a trial version of WinZip on 1/5/21; but, didn't use it. On the 10th I decided to buy the new WinZip Pro Suite; it started downloading; but, it stopped and gave me the error code: 0xc0000142. I tried to uninstall the trial version to see if that was stopping...
  9. error code 0xc0000142

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error code 0xc0000142: Hi get the following on start up SACpl.exe - Application Error. the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142 click OK to close the application and Skype.exe - Application Error the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142 click OK to close...
  10. Laptop shutting down unexpectedly while using

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shutting down unexpectedly while using: Hi, My Dell Laptop was shutting down unexpectedly while using. In the event viewer, it is showing, Kernel-Power. I'm posting the Log. I tried updating my drivers, but still the problem is not resolved. Please help me. Log Name: System Source:...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error message while shutting down the computer 0000142

2. 0xc0000142 when shutting down