Windows 10: Error code 191, Unable to install UWP apps on Windows 10

Discus and support Error code 191, Unable to install UWP apps on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Some Windows 10 users are reporting that for the past few months they have been having problems installing Microsoft store and UWP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 19, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Error code 191, Unable to install UWP apps on Windows 10

WinClub, Dec 19, 2019
  2. MrSegovo Win User

Can't install UWP apps (Error code 191)

For the past few months I have been having problems installing Microsoft store and UWP apps and just recently I tried to install Adobe XD (A UWP app) which gave me this error:

So far I have tried basically every possible solution on the internet from editing services, resting the store, uninstalling and reinstalling apps, turning off internet security, editing security permissions for folders and my account, typing in cmd and
    PowerShell commands, enabling developer mode, updating my PC, making new admin accounts and multiple hour long remote computer assistance from both Microsoft and Adobe support. Nothing has worked... So as a last try I am posting here to see if anyone more
    knowledgable about Windows has any ideas?

MrSegovo, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Microsoft Adds Ability to Block Win32 Apps from Install on Windows 10

Yes, UWP is an interpreter, an app running in UWP can't function without the interpreter. Only the UWP core has access to the actual hardware, the app does not.

By not having direct access to the hardware, they perform slower. UWP has to translate everything and make sure it passes safety and security checks.

If UWP has issues, all of the apps running on top of it also will. I've seen that in early release of Windows 10 where all UWP based, Windows-included apps broke (Edge, Calculator, Mail, etc.). Granted, it was only broke in one user account.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Error code 191, Unable to install UWP apps on Windows 10

Microsoft Adds Ability to Block Win32 Apps from Install on Windows 10

"UWP is completely managed (memory pointers are forbidden) like .NET Framework is."
    I was talking about apps built for the UWP framework, not UWP itself. I'm fully aware that UWP and .NET Framework are predominantly coded in C++ like much of Windows.

IntPtr is a managed pointer. It is almost strictly used for external calls where pointers are unavoidable.

/unsafe can lead to not getting Windows Store certification.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Error code 191, Unable to install UWP apps on Windows 10

1. Error code 191, Unable to install UWP apps on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Error code 191

2. Error Code 0x80073CF3 Unable to install Facebook App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Code 0x80073CF3 Unable to install Facebook App: I keep getting this error code 0x80073CF3 trying to install Facebook from Microsoft store. I can add any other app. Just installed Messenger. I have done all updates new ASUS laptop w/Windows 11 Pro and also did that wsreset and still only having an issue with Facebook. Help...
  3. Error Code 0x80073CF3 Unable to install Facebook App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Code 0x80073CF3 Unable to install Facebook App: I keep getting this error code 0x80073CF3 trying to install Facebook from Microsoft store. I can add any other app. Just installed Messenger. I have done all updates new ASUS laptop w/Windows 11 Pro and also did that wsreset and still only having an issue with Facebook. Help...
  4. Error code "0xC1900101 - 0x30018" Unable to install windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error code "0xC1900101 - 0x30018" Unable to install windows 10: My windows is 8.1 trying to update to windows 10 .I have tried a lot ways to solve like unplugging the external driver , keeping anti-virus disabled for a short time , disk cleanup and I also tried windows update troubleshoot from the Microsoft ! there it shows no problem but...
  5. UWP Error Code 0x80070780

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    UWP Error Code 0x80070780: I've seen a lot of ways to solve this error for other items, but I have a folder in my WindowsApps folder which is physically stopping me from reinstalling the app as it cannot be accessed by the system to be deleted due to the 0x80070780 error code. Is the only way to...
  6. Can't install UWP apps.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install UWP apps.: I had this problem just today, I tried installing Minecraft for Windows 10 because it had an update. The thing is, Microsoft Store keeps giving me the error code 0x80070002. I managed to get the APPX for it and it gives me -2147219196 and -2147219195. I tried reinstalling...
  7. Can't install UWP apps.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install UWP apps.: I had this problem just today, I tried installing Minecraft for Windows 10 because it had an update. The thing is, Microsoft Store keeps giving me the error code 0x80070002. I managed to get the APPX for it and it gives me -2147219196 and -2147219195. I tried reinstalling...
  8. App installer | adobe XD Error 191

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App installer | adobe XD Error 191: I have windows 10 Education version. I want to install adobe XD but I get error 191. I noticed from online adobe support article that I need to install the app installer and activate the side bar in window 10. I went to Microsoft soft to install the app but I get a message...
  9. Can't install UWP apps (Error code 191)

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install UWP apps (Error code 191): For the past few months I have been having problems installing Microsoft store and UWP apps and just recently I tried to install Adobe XD (A UWP app) which gave me this error: Exit Code: 191 -------------------------------------- Summary...
  10. Windows.UI.Xaml.Markup.XamlParseException UWP app error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows.UI.Xaml.Markup.XamlParseException UWP app error on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The UWP platform is fairly new, yet it works great, and Microsoft is betting big on it. With the power of .NET Core and XAML, it helps developers build applications for Windows 10 which are more modern and beautiful and [...] This post...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error 191 adobe xd failed with error 0x80070002

2. reinstall uwp apps install failed unable to install