Windows 10: Error Code 43 for NVIDIA Display Adapter

Discus and support Error Code 43 for NVIDIA Display Adapter in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently, my display adapter is starting to glitch out. The screen sometimes freezes, flicker every few seconds or have random pixels appearing and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Deji Lalos, Dec 19, 2022.

1. Error Code 43 for NVIDIA Display Adapter

Recently, my display adapter is starting to glitch out. The screen sometimes freezes, flicker every few seconds or have random pixels appearing and disappearing. I checked Device Manager and it showed me that my GPU broke. I tried using DDU, didnt work. I tried updating it through windows, didnt work. I tried updating my driver to the latest one, that it supports, didnt work. I tried updating it to the same driver, didnt work. I tried resetting my pc, didnt work. Any other ways i can try to fix this?

:)

Deji Lalos, Dec 19, 2022

2. External Display Not detected (Error code 43)

Hi,

My laptop is not detecting any external monitors attached to my HDMI port. In Device manager I see the display adapter has a warning triangle on it, and in the properties I see the error message:

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

I've tried reinstalling drivers (including to a previous version) but the problem still persists. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

OS = Win 10 64bit

Graphics card = NVIDIA GeForceGTX1060

Nvidia driver = 451.48

Thanks for your help!

cliffordsparker, Dec 19, 2022
  3. lionwing Win User
    Windows 10 / Nvidia 1030 - Code 43

After a Windows (Win 10 Home) update yesterday afternoon my son's PC reported the problem shown in the image below.

Error Code 43 for NVIDIA Display Adapter [​IMG]

The result of this means he cannot play the very popular "Fortnite" game which reports this error.

Error Code 43 for NVIDIA Display Adapter [​IMG]

Assuming the problem is caused by either the Windows Update or a driver update have done the following;

• Re-installed the latest Nvidia Driver. This didn't fix the problem.
    • Installed the previous set of Nvida Drivers. This didn't fix the problem.
    • Via the Control Panel / Device Manager I disabled and enabled the device. This didn't fix the problem.
    • Via the Control Panel / Device Manager I used the "update driver" feature. This didn't fix the problem.
    • I did a system restore to the day before. This did not complete with Windows reporting the Anti Virus software may have prevented the process. Default Windows Defender is the AV.
    • I disabled the AV and tried system restore again. This didn't fix the problem.

In all other areas the system is functioning fine although my son said he had low FPS on Rainbow Six Siege which he tried to play when Fortnite wouldn't launch.

The PC is just over a week old so I am doubtful of any hardware issues with no other symptoms or errors showing.

So...any ideas or suggestions for next steps please?

lionwing, Dec 19, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Error Code 43 for NVIDIA Display Adapter

Error code 43 for NVidia graphics driver

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you receive an error code 43 for the NVidia Graphics Driver in Device Manager. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

Ideally, the recommended resolution for the error code 43 is to reinstall the Graphics driver, as you have already tried reinstalling the drivers, let us try doing a clean installation of Graphics driver and see if that helps.

Refer the steps mentioned below:

Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run
    2. In Run dialog box, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and hit
      Enter.
    3. Expand Display adapters.
    4. Right click on the NVidia driver and click on
      Uninstall.
    5. Now check the box Delete the driver software for this device.
    6. Click on Uninstall
    7. Do not restart the PC

Download the latest drivers for the graphics card from NVidia
    website
    , once you download the drivers perform a clean install of drivers by following the steps mentioned below

1. Navigate to the location where the driver is downloaded (Usually it should be in the
      Downloads folder).
    2. Double-click on the driver to
      run it.
    3. Click on OK to start extracting the driver packages.
    4. Accept the License agreement and proceed further.
    5. Under Install options select
      Custom (Advanced)
      and click on Next
    6. Check the box next to
      Perform clean install and click on Next
    7. Follow the onscreen instructions

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 19, 2022
Thema:

Error Code 43 for NVIDIA Display Adapter

1. Error Code 43 for NVIDIA Display Adapter - Similar Threads - Error Code NVIDIA

2. Error Code 43 for NVIDIA Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Code 43 for NVIDIA Display Adapter: Recently, my display adapter is starting to glitch out. The screen sometimes freezes, flicker every few seconds or have random pixels appearing and disappearing. I checked Device Manager and it showed me that my GPU broke. I tried using DDU, didnt work. I tried updating it...
  3. Error Code 43 for NVIDIA Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error Code 43 for NVIDIA Display Adapter: Recently, my display adapter is starting to glitch out. The screen sometimes freezes, flicker every few seconds or have random pixels appearing and disappearing. I checked Device Manager and it showed me that my GPU broke. I tried using DDU, didnt work. I tried updating it...
  4. Nvidia Error Code 43

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Error Code 43: My laptop is HP Pavilion Gaming 15 with Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 TI. Nvidia driver was error with code 43 and causes BSOD. I think I was do everything :1. Reinstall driver2. Update driver3. Downgrade driver4. Update windows5. Roll back windows from 11 to 106. Update BIOS7....
  5. Nvidia Error Code 43

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia Error Code 43: My laptop is HP Pavilion Gaming 15 with Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 TI. Nvidia driver was error with code 43 and causes BSOD. I think I was do everything :1. Reinstall driver2. Update driver3. Downgrade driver4. Update windows5. Roll back windows from 11 to 106. Update BIOS7....
  6. Nvidia Error Code 43

7. NVidia GPU Error Code 43

NVidia GPU Error Code 43: So I went to device manager and Code 43 error shown. When I hit 'view all events' the first event was an error described as bellow:"Faulting application name: nvcplui.exe, version: 8.1.940.0, time stamp: 0x6090ce05Faulting module name: nvcplui.exe, version: 8.1.940.0, time...
  8. Error 43 on display adapters

Error 43 on display adapters: Hi. I am using an AMD Radeon HD 8600M Series drive, which shows the error Code 43. I tried updating and restarting the computer, disable and then restart the computer, and even uninstall the device and then restart the computer, but it was all useless. I even tried...
  9. nvidia display adapters error (code 31)

nvidia display adapters error (code 31): Good evening, I have a problem with my Nvidia display adapters Geforce 940mx. I have an Acer aspire f5-573g with windows 10. After reinstalling the OS due to a crash caused by un update I noticed that the pc doesn't seen the Nvidia display adapter, but only the integrated...
  10. Code 43 with my Display Adapters!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Code 43 with my Display Adapters!: Hello Windows 10 forum users I am having trouble with my two video cards ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 series AMD Radeon HD 6300M series For one; the ATI Mobility card there are no drivers installed for this device. Ive been on the AMD website, where I downloaded an old...