Windows 10: Error code 80070422 while installing the net.framework 3.5

Discus and support Error code 80070422 while installing the net.framework 3.5 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am getting an error code 80070422 while installing the net. framework 3.5 from control panel I want to run an application and it asks to download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GarvitSen, Sep 29, 2020.

1. GarvitSen Win User

Error code 80070422 while installing the net.framework 3.5

I am getting an error code 80070422 while installing the net. framework 3.5 from control panel I want to run an application and it asks to download net framework 3.5Includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0 . I have searched on numerous websites or watched videos on youtube but could not find a better solution to my problem. Please help!!

:)

GarvitSen, Sep 29, 2020
  2. das10 Win User

Unable to download any framework for .net - (error code 0x80070002)

OK, the Windows 10 Feature installation method should have been straightforward, but since that errored out as well, something else seems to be going on with your Windows, so wait for somebody with more experience to suggest a way out.

In the mean time, if you haven't already, you could give muchomurka's suggestion a go as well with the elevated prompt and an install media to see if it works. The following link shows the detailed steps involved.

Offline install of .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10 using DISM

das10, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Aparody Win User
    Install .NET 3.5 Framework on Windows 10

Is it even possible, the help for this is of no use.

.NET Framework 3.5 installation errors - Windows Client

This is the bit thats applicable to me.

To fix the error codes for Windows 10, follow these steps:

1. Download the Windows Media Creation tool, and create an ISO image locally, or create an image for the version of Windows that you have installed.
    2. Configure the Group Policy as in Method 2, but also follow these steps:
      1. Mount the ISO image that's created in step 1.
      2. Point the "Alternate source file path" to the ISO sources\sxs folder from the ISO.
      3. Run the gpupdate /force command.
      4. Add the .Net framework feature.

Method 2 isn't mentioned anywhere.

Further more if i download the framework installer and run the dotnetfx35setup.exe file i get a window that says it requires the framework its trying to install, so its a loop that requires the framework to install the framework.

Next issue is that if i try to turn it on from Programs and Features in the control panel it throws me back to the initial error of not being able to install it which takes me back to the link above and method for fixing it which doesn't include the information
    for Method 2.

I'm starting to think MS are purposely making it uninstallable at this point.

Any help would be much apreciated.

Aparody, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Error code 80070422 while installing the net.framework 3.5

.NET Framework 3.5 installation error: 0x800736B3

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to check whether the .NET Framework 3.5 has been installed or not.

• Press Windows+X and then select programs and features.
    • On the left hand side click on the option “turn windows features on or off”.
    • Check whether the “.NET Framework 3.5” has been checked or not.
    • If not check then I suggest you to check it and then install it.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Error code 80070422 while installing the net.framework 3.5

1. Error code 80070422 while installing the net.framework 3.5 - Similar Threads - Error code 80070422

2. NET Framework 3.5 error Error code 0x80070002

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NET Framework 3.5 error Error code 0x80070002: I recently bought a new PC, and one game I want to play requires NET Framework 3.5, but I get the above message. I am online, I have tried going into Windows Features and sure enough NET Framework 3.5 is there, I click it to turn it on but it still says "windows needs files...
  3. 0xc0000135 error with .Net Framework installed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0xc0000135 error with .Net Framework installed: After I finished the update this afternoon and restarted the computer, I cannot run any programs. If I click any *.exe, then the error alert 0xc0000135 will appear. I checked the .NET framework, as the screenshot shows: [ATTACH] I try to download a installer of it to...
  4. error while installing .net framework 3.5

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    error while installing .net framework 3.5: It is an error code 0x80071a91 that I got when trying to install .net framework 3.5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-while-installing-net-framework-35/6b25e6f7-7c57-465f-bf1a-21b0c5e5f687
  5. .NET Framework 4.8 error code 0800f081e

.NET Framework 4.8 error code 0800f081e: Hi. Hope I've posted this in the right category. I've been trying to install the 4.8 version of .net framework as I need it to play a game which has just been released. Install is failing with the 0800f081e error code but I'm yet to find any solutions to this online. Just...
  6. Error Installing .NET Framework 3.5

Error Installing .NET Framework 3.5: Hey guys, So today I installed gta iv and watch dogs. but during the installation process, both games require net framwork 3.5. and when I installed net framework 3.5, it became like the picture below View: https://imgur.com/AnI1fRp can you help me solving this problem?...
  7. .Net Framework Install Error

.Net Framework Install Error: When I install .Net Framework 3.5, it is failed with "error code 0x800f0954". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-framework-install-error/58acab15-c5dd-4ab5-a6db-2e89d362c931
  8. error code 0x80240438 while downloading .NET framework 3.5

error code 0x80240438 while downloading .NET framework 3.5: As said in the title i am having a problem with downloading .NET framework 3.5. I have tried basically everything i can find online concerning the error code ( even though all of the stuff i can find about the error code is about the store which i have zero problems with)...
  9. .NET Framework Intitialization Error In Neuro-Programmer 3

in Windows 10 Customization
    .NET Framework Intitialization Error In Neuro-Programmer 3: I switched over to a computer using Windows 10 from Windows 7, and can no longer use Neuro-Programmer 3. I keep getting the error: "Please set registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\InstallRoot to point to the .NET Framework install location" I understand that...
  10. Net Framework error code message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Net Framework error code message: "Quick Restore Maker" among other programs has windows saying that I require a Net Framework uprade but after downloading win10 then fails to successfully install Net Framework. Have reinstalled 10 several times and I always strike the same problem. Also "Advanced...