Windows 10: Error Code 9 appears when cannot connect DVD drive Windows 10

Discus and support Error Code 9 appears when cannot connect DVD drive Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Error Code 9 appears when cannot connect DVD drive Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DOREENSHAMBROOK, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Error Code 9 appears when cannot connect DVD drive Windows 10

Error Code 9 appears when cannot connect DVD drive Windows 10

:)

DOREENSHAMBROOK, Jun 8, 2019

2. laptop DVD drive not appearing on windows?

Well my cousin is coming down soon with his laptop to get his DVD drive fixed because on my computers his DVD drive isn't appeared on the list,he can eject his DVD drive but it doesn't appear on windows..anyone know how to fix this?? would entering bios help?? would i be able to format it?

kurosagi01, Jun 8, 2019
  3. RLRehm Win User
    Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Jun 8, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Error Code 9 appears when cannot connect DVD drive Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Error Code appears

2. CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager: External USB CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager or file explorer. All other USB devices work correctly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive-not-appearing-in-device-manager/f6ef9a8e-fc9d-4952-994f-8c96f04105ad
  3. CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager: External USB CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager or file explorer. All other USB devices work correctly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive-not-appearing-in-device-manager/f6ef9a8e-fc9d-4952-994f-8c96f04105ad
  4. CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Error codes appearing when installing FH4

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error codes appearing when installing FH4: Hello, When i try to install Forza Horizon 4 on pc via either the windows store and xbox app, the download will continue for about 20gb or so and then abruptly stop working. This is paired with numerous error codes 0x80073CF9 and 0x80080207 are the most common ones. Even...
  6. Error code 9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code 9: Help me [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-9/3ad31700-2193-4424-ae14-756c87ba517e
  7. External HDD drive letters appear briefly when connected but then disappear with errors...

External HDD drive letters appear briefly when connected but then disappear with errors...: Hello all, I'm hoping that someone here can help me with a serious problem. I would very much appreciate any help. It all started with a big Windows update last week. Afterwards the hard drive was no longer recognised as NTFS and was labelled RAW. I couldn't repair the...
  8. CD/DVD Drive showing Code 45 'not connected' error after Windows update

CD/DVD Drive showing Code 45 'not connected' error after Windows update: After a Windows update my DVD/CD player is showing as not connected and not showing in File Explorer. When a CD or DVD is put in, the drive spins. Device Manager gives a Code 45 error message. There appears to be no Troubleshoot option to resolve....
  9. DVD drive is not rcognised by Windows 10, registry error code 19. Is there a fix?

DVD drive is not rcognised by Windows 10, registry error code 19. Is there a fix?: registry error code 19 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-is-not-rcognised-by-windows-10-registry/7bbde3ac-7a9f-469e-b15b-5606093d29e9
  10. error code ox80070570 Windows 10 PRO DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error code ox80070570 Windows 10 PRO DVD: Error code ox80070570 install Windows 10 Pro won't install on new HD. Starts to get files ready but stops part way. Using MICROSFT WIINDOWS PRO 10 64 BIT ENGLISH DVD....