Windows 10: Error code trying to set up a virtual active directory

Discus and support Error code trying to set up a virtual active directory in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm using Virtual Box and Windows Server 2016. I'm getting this error code and assumed since it was happening with a virtual lab of server 2016 that it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sahob7977, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Error code trying to set up a virtual active directory

I'm using Virtual Box and Windows Server 2016. I'm getting this error code and assumed since it was happening with a virtual lab of server 2016 that it was an issue with set up and/or Virtual Box itself. I posted this on a VB reddit page and someone told me it was a windows issue. Any idea what may be going on? Can't find anything on the net about it.

Windows 10 Home(19041.685) 8GB RAM AMD Phenom II x4 970

VB message: I tried to search any previous posts for this issue and didn't see any. I don't have much experience with VirtualBox but so far I have Windows Server 2016 and Linux Mint installed on it. I'm currently trying to set up an Active Directory and followed steps on a YouTube video for making it the domain controller. During the add roles and features setup when I click next on the select destination server step it gives me this error: "the deployment provider failed to initialize DISM. Error 0xc004009". Any idea where I went wrong?

Just saw the auto response. Running version 6.1. If I disabled or enabled anything during setup I don't remember. I watched a tutorial on it and did whatever they said. Sorry if this is too vague.

submitted by /u/sahob7977
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sahob7977, Jan 8, 2021
  2. linhlz Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Duyenhip Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Error code trying to set up a virtual active directory

increasing virtual memory/Windows not activated

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you getting that your Windows is not activated and is your Windows activated?
    • Are you not able to get into Settings in Windows?
    • Are you trying to increase the virtual memory?
    • Are you getting any error message or code regarding the memory issues?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Error code trying to set up a virtual active directory

1. Error code trying to set up a virtual active directory - Similar Threads - Error code trying

2. Active directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active directory: We have a little bit problematic here. We are seeing names in our active directory. There are some computer names that we cant track so we need to configure and remove it in our directory. How can we remove it if we can see those names?...
  3. Active directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Active directory: We have a little bit problematic here. We are seeing names in our active directory. There are some computer names that we cant track so we need to configure and remove it in our directory. How can we remove it if we can see those names?...
  4. Active directory

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. i am trying to install Active Directory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i am trying to install Active Directory: I am trying to enable/Install the Active Directory for my client but I am receiving an error: 0x8024500c. I tried runn a string using PowerShell and Administrative console but none of the is working!...
  6. try to activation Error code: 0xC004C003 appearing.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    try to activation Error code: 0xC004C003 appearing.: my windows10 home pc HDD change after try to activation Error code: 0xC004C003 appearing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/try-to-activation-error-code-0xc004c003-appearing/f0ef233f-3d1c-4434-bc4a-16d85f74dcd8"
  7. Setting up Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Setting up Virtual Machine: If I have Windows 10 Pro preinstalled on my computer, can I run a second Virtual Machine on the same computer with the same license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-virtual-machine/891f1919-6f08-440e-a8f0-45e4be533dd9"
  8. Get Error Code 0x80004005 and error code 0x80070520 when trying to set up a mail account...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Get Error Code 0x80004005 and error code 0x80070520 when trying to set up a mail account...: Get Error Code 0x80004005 and error code 0x80070520 when trying to set up a mail account with the app. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-error-code-0x80004005-and-error-code/18f80b08-5175-4640-aada-1f65869fe890"
  9. Trying to set up email account but get error code ox8000000b,how to fix?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to set up email account but get error code ox8000000b,how to fix?: Trying to set up email account but get error code ox8000000b,how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/windows-10/a736133f-8d4d-41d9-84fb-62025fe89e9e
  10. active directory

in Windows 10 Customization
    active directory: hello anyone is there software that will allow win 10 pro to become a domain controller or something similar to active directory. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/active-directory/3eeeb3fe-2fbe-4a86-aa64-41f9948c631c