Windows 10: Error code upon searching for updates

Discus and support Error code upon searching for updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good day. My windows 10 last updated nearly a year ago. I've been trying unsuccessfully to update it for a while. The error code I get is 0x80070424... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ousseraune, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Error code upon searching for updates

Good day. My windows 10 last updated nearly a year ago. I've been trying unsuccessfully to update it for a while.
    The error code I get is
    0x80070424

I've tried using sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at

windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline

repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

I've tried using DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

But I get this

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.17134.1

Image Version: 10.0.17134.1130

[===========================83.9%================ ]

Error: 1060

The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

This is on my laptop and I don't have a boot disc to do a boot repair, as I upgraded when windows 10 was free.
    What's the next best step?Oh, and naturally my microsoft store won't install anything, and my online microsoft account has no means of tracking the status of it's updates etc.

:)

Ousseraune, Aug 3, 2020
  2. Mark_W. Win User

update error code 801812CB

Hello ShawnWilliams:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding your update error. At this point, I will provide some basic troubleshooting and request more information. There is no documentation or mention of this specific error by other customers. Please verify the following:

• What is the exact error code and message included?
    • Where do you receive this error, on the PC, on the phone, in the Zune software, etc...?
    • What is the current OS running on your phone, tap settings > about > more info?
    • What is the OS running on your PC?

As for general troubleshooting, try the steps in this article,
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2484484?wa=wsignin1.0
    . As there is no mention of your error code I do suggest you review all the steps in this article. I would start with the steps for error code 801812C1 as this is the closest code I could find to the
    one posted.

If you continue to have this error after trying the above steps, please attempt the update from another PC connected to a different network. If you can we would also suggest you use another sync cable.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Aug 3, 2020
  3. meloneum Win User
    BIOS error codes

So I have motherboard with installed small LED screen, which presents BIOS error codes.

Where can I find a list of those errors. And I don't mean beep codes, but the "number" codes.

Ex after installing sound card, the motherboard startup fails with the code 15.

Example picture of code is here.

meloneum, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Error code upon searching for updates

Bluescreen on booting. Error code AMD Northbridge.

Hi,

This could be due to a corrupted system file upon the update. To isolate the issue, please provide the following information:

• Which build version currently runs on your device?
    • Aside from the AMD Northbridge error message, are you receiving other error codes?

For starters, we suggest running an SFC and
    DISM on the device to check on the root cause of the issue. We also suggest
    referring to this support article as troubleshooting: Troubleshoot blue screen errors. The said article
    contains a step-by-step guide on how to troubleshoot BSOD.

Don’t hesitate to give us updates on your query.

Arthur Rui, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Error code upon searching for updates

1. Error code upon searching for updates - Similar Threads - Error code upon

2. Error Codes on Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Codes on Updates: I receive Error Code 0x80073712 when installing update KB5021090- Error Code 0x80248007 when installing update KB5021234 - Error code 0x8007371b when installing update KB5010474.I have tried every "Fix" suggestion I could find, up to and including CMD PromptNothing has...
  3. Error Codes on Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Codes on Updates: I receive Error Code 0x80073712 when installing update KB5021090- Error Code 0x80248007 when installing update KB5021234 - Error code 0x8007371b when installing update KB5010474.I have tried every "Fix" suggestion I could find, up to and including CMD PromptNothing has...
  4. Error code 0x00000e upon trying to boot in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error code 0x00000e upon trying to boot in safe mode: Randomly my windows 11 mouse cursor wouldn't stop flashing the loading icon. I tried to find if it was an application but I couldn't find anything. I go to startup settings and set to boot in safe mode. I restart and then it gives me error 0x00000e. If I try to force boot...
  5. Error code 0x00000e upon trying to boot in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code 0x00000e upon trying to boot in safe mode: Randomly my windows 11 mouse cursor wouldn't stop flashing the loading icon. I tried to find if it was an application but I couldn't find anything. I go to startup settings and set to boot in safe mode. I restart and then it gives me error 0x00000e. If I try to force boot...
  6. Search flyout changing upon restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Search flyout changing upon restart: Hello all, Why does the search fly out always change itself after reboot? Note, please the built in the upper right corner, as well the icons of the built-in apps. No logic at all... This seems very strange to me. Has anyone noticed that or it's just something wrong in my...
  7. Update error code

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update error code: How do I get past this? 2020-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4577671 says I am missing "important security and quality fixes" anyone have any idea? Thanks!...
  8. Update Error Code

Update Error Code: Good day Wondering if any one can help me. I tried everything and nothing seems to resolve my problem. Every time I try and update it give me this: [ATTACH] According to troubleshoot its one of the drivers Located: C:/Windows/system32/drivers/9c36df06fc817acd that's...
  9. update error code

in Windows 10 Customization
    update error code: Getting error code 0x80072742 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-error-code/4c23d4f0-b822-49e5-a5fc-c27f2dcfe4b9
  10. error code Error 0xc1900104 upon failure of an update install.

error code Error 0xc1900104 upon failure of an update install.: I was receiving a Windows 10 (Insider's ) update, The message read as follows : the update failed, no other explanation given code : Error 0xc1900104,...