Windows 10: Error code x080070005, Trying to save xbox games to another drive

Discus and support Error code x080070005, Trying to save xbox games to another drive in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I've been searching all day for a solution to this. My main hard drive is full and I'm trying to download games onto my secondary one but I keep... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JustExcalibur, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Error code x080070005, Trying to save xbox games to another drive

I've been searching all day for a solution to this. My main hard drive is full and I'm trying to download games onto my secondary one but I keep getting this error. If anyone can help that would be great!!

:)

JustExcalibur, Sep 23, 2020

2. Xbox App won't sign in - Error codes (0x409) 0x80131509

Hi Loraine,

I have the same issue, getting the error code "(0x409) 0x80131509" every time I try to login in the Xbox App.

I tried to follow all your steps.

• "Normal Startup" was already selected.
    • Changed Xbox Live - Auth Manager, Game Save and Networking Service to automatic and they are running
    Then wanted to delete account and cache folders, but there was no "TokenBroker" folder under %userprofile%\....\AC. Only a empty one called "Temp" which I deleted. Also my "Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider" folder is called slightly different: Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_8wekyb3d8bbwe.

I'm still unable to login. Do you have any other suggestions on how to fix this?

Thank you in advance

FabianDean, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Groggubus Win User
    Error 0x80070003 Couldnt set default save location, xbox game pass

hi, Im trying to install xbox (beta) game apps to the d:\ (game installs) yet it wont let me unless its the default app directory.

i also cant change the default app directory from c:\ to d:\ idk why. attached in the error message 0x80070003.

I read here that 0x80070005 is denied access so i tried the icacl solution in command prompt, but it didnt help. any ideas?
    Error code x080070005, Trying to save xbox games to another drive [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

I fixed it, by removing all my "d:\game_installs" and Steam_directory off the drive, formatting the drive, and then changing location of windows 10 default apps. it took about 2 hrs to move everything :S theres gotta be an easier way to manipulate microsoft apps and folders than formatting a drive?

Groggubus, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Error code x080070005, Trying to save xbox games to another drive

remove game data from xbox game in windows 10

I appreciate your reply. It seems that the game progress was saved to your Xbox account associated on your computer that's why you can't play the game from the beginning. I recommend that you remove the account on your computer by performing the following
    steps:

1. Press the Windows icon, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Under Email & app accounts, click the Microsoft account, then click Remove.

I also suggest that you reset the Xbox app on your computer so that we could ensure that no account is linked to it. To get started, kindly follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Apps.
    3. Under Apps & features, locate the Xbox app.
    4. Click the Xbox app, then select Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset.

Let us know if that works for you. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Ariel Acu, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Error code x080070005, Trying to save xbox games to another drive

1. Error code x080070005, Trying to save xbox games to another drive - Similar Threads - Error code x080070005

2. Error Code 0x80073d19 When Trying To Install Game From Xbox App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Code 0x80073d19 When Trying To Install Game From Xbox App: I am trying to install the game subnautica from the xbox app. I bought the game off of there and every time I click install it instantly gives me the error code 0x80073d19. I tried uninstalling the xbox app and reinstalling, I updated windows, I signed in and out of...
  3. Error Code 0x80073d19 When Trying To Install Game From Xbox App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Code 0x80073d19 When Trying To Install Game From Xbox App: I am trying to install the game subnautica from the xbox app. I bought the game off of there and every time I click install it instantly gives me the error code 0x80073d19. I tried uninstalling the xbox app and reinstalling, I updated windows, I signed in and out of...
  4. Error Code 0x80073d19 When Trying To Install Game From Xbox App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. I downloaded this game on Xbox game pass and I'm trying to backup a save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I downloaded this game on Xbox game pass and I'm trying to backup a save: I'm trying to find the save file for a game called Ark: Survival Evolved can you help me find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-downloaded-this-game-on-xbox-game-pass-and-im/9d5ba8f4-4f6f-4a3e-a0b2-fe047289a666
  6. I downloaded this game on Xbox game pass and I'm trying to backup a save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I downloaded this game on Xbox game pass and I'm trying to backup a save: I'm trying to find the save file for a game called Ark: Survival Evolved can you help me find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-downloaded-this-game-on-xbox-game-pass-and-im/9d5ba8f4-4f6f-4a3e-a0b2-fe047289a666
  7. Error code for all owned and saved games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code for all owned and saved games: Continue to get an error code Spider Solitaire HD is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001 Getting the same code for all games, any advice would be helpful especially since Adobe killed flash games....
  8. Can't change my standard file settings Error Code x080070005

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't change my standard file settings Error Code x080070005: When I try to change my standard settings for new apps I get this error code: x080070005 [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-my-standard-file-settings-error-code/87e2d53e-fab3-4b45-b452-52896eb74bb0
  9. Savings Microsoft store games/xbox beta games to D drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Savings Microsoft store games/xbox beta games to D drive: I recently purchased a new PC around six months ago. it came with a SSD drive and large hard drive. I downloaded several games such as Forza 3 & 4 and Gears 4 & 5. i saved all these games on the D drive with no issues. Unfortunately last week my SSD failed and had to be...
  10. update for widows10(1809 for x64based system getting error code x080070005 for update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update for widows10(1809 for x64based system getting error code x080070005 for update...: error code 0x80070005 for update kb4494441 can not install tecks from Microsoft tried 4 times different people on different days could not fix please help I am using windows 10 version 1809 for x64 based system thanks *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. x080070005