Windows 10: Error Code x0800701B1 A device which does not exist was specified.

Discus and support Error Code x0800701B1 A device which does not exist was specified. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As can be seen by the two windows at the lower right-hand corner of the screen, the "1 Interrupted Action" window states that a device which does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ebiquitous, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Error Code x0800701B1 A device which does not exist was specified.

As can be seen by the two windows at the lower right-hand corner of the screen, the "1 Interrupted Action" window states that a device which does not exist was specified; however, as can also be seen, the computer does recognize two external hard drives. It's like a barking dog with a wagging tale.

When copying and pasting files, jpegs in this instance, I can clearly see the images. When I begin the transfer, the software counts the number of files over 20,000 images and estimates the download time at 50 minutes. Then it suddenly displays an error code window.

Oh, and when I try to eject the device, I get a window that says it's still in use, etc.

Step by step, how does one fix a laptop with a multiple personality? Does my computer need the Geek Squad or psychoactive medication?

Error Code x0800701B1 A device which does not exist was specified. 1fc73da3-5a03-4e7a-b685-e909cd307044?upload=true.jpg

:)

Ebiquitous, Jan 4, 2020

2. Radio Switch Device Error Code 19

Hi Kara,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused, and appreciate the steps you have taken so far to fix this issue.

The error code 19 describes that, Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged.

Recommended resolution

• Uninstall and reinstall the driver.
    • Revert to the most recent successful registry configuration.
    Before we could reset the computer to factory settings, I suggest you to refer to the below article and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested for error code 19.

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/310123#bookmark-19

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are happy to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 4, 2020
  3. StefanM Win User
    Alienware R4 M290x Code 43 HELP

Advice from Microsoft: Graphics device driver error code 43

StefanM, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Error Code x0800701B1 A device which does not exist was specified.

All USB storage devices have code 39 error

Hi Ilya,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get same error codes in the Device manager too?
    • Does this issue occurs in other hardware components like keyboard and mouse?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get same error when you connect your extenal hard drive to a different computer running Windows 10?

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to check in Device Manager and check if you get the same error code. If yes follow link and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested under
    Code 39

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/310123#bookmark-39

Do let us know if the same code 39 shows under all USB storage devices. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Error Code x0800701B1 A device which does not exist was specified.

1. Error Code x0800701B1 A device which does not exist was specified. - Similar Threads - Error Code x0800701B1

2. A device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A device which does not exist was specified: I ran into this error - A device which does not exist was specified - while trying to access an SSD from Windows console running a directory listing. I believe the sequence of events leading up to it was the SSD wasunplugged and replugged in after which I reran the listing...
  3. A device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A device which does not exist was specified: I ran into this error - A device which does not exist was specified - while trying to access an SSD from Windows console running a directory listing. I believe the sequence of events leading up to it was the SSD wasunplugged and replugged in after which I reran the listing...
  4. a device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a device which does not exist was specified: when i try to initialize Disk D: im getting '' a device which does not exist was specified '' error.https://pasteboard.co/kdUaARPS8tIT.png https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-device-which-does-not-exist-was-specified/eb95fa85-64ea-4d0f-ba47-5ad874f29251
  5. a device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a device which does not exist was specified: when i try to initialize Disk D: im getting '' a device which does not exist was specified '' error.https://pasteboard.co/kdUaARPS8tIT.png https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-device-which-does-not-exist-was-specified/eb95fa85-64ea-4d0f-ba47-5ad874f29251
  6. a device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. A device which does not exist was specified

A device which does not exist was specified: Please help me ,I don't know what to do with this error which appears when ever I want to open my USB flash . Actually I can't open my USB flash . Please help me . [ATTACH]...
  8. A device which does not exist was specified.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A device which does not exist was specified.: Im installing windows 10 from a bootable USB and in the page where you choose a partition i went to the command prompt. In there i wanted to clean a disk but then it sais. DiskPart has encountered an error: An device which does not exist was specified. See the System Event...
  9. A device which does not exist was specified

A device which does not exist was specified: HI, Yester 15-4-2020 I download and install this version "2020-04 Cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1903 for x64-based system KB4549951". Today 16-04-2020 I received a pop-up window A device which does not exist was specified while trying to open E: or D: but C: is...
  10. A device which does not exist was specified.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A device which does not exist was specified.: z[IMG] I tried installing Mojave Hackintosh on my Dell Inspiron PC and it got installed, after I tried restarting my laptop, it stuck on a boot loop. Then, I got upset and tried installing Ubuntu which then showed the error like "Kernel Panic". Then, I tried installing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. a device which does not exist was specified

2. error 0x800701B1: a device which does not exist was specified

3. windows 10 a device which does not exist was specified

4. 0x800701b1 error code win10,
  5. 0x800701b1,
  6. 0x800701b1 a device which does not exist s,
  7. error code 0x800701B1 windows 10,
  8. a device which does not exist is specified,
  9. Interrupted actions windows 10 solved,
  10. a device which does not exist was specified diskpart,
  11. lỗi error: 0x800701b1 a device which does not exist was specified.,
  12. Windows backup error A device which does not exist was specified.,
  13. diskpart has encountered an error a device which does not exist,
  14. a device which does not exist was specified flash drive,
  15. how to fix when the flash drive is showing a device which does not exist was specified?