Windows 10: Error Code12 for Synaptics SMBus driver in Device Manager

Discus and support Error Code12 for Synaptics SMBus driver in Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In Device Manager there is an error (exclamation mark) for Synaptics SMBus driver, it says This device cannot find enough free resources that it can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RDP65, Dec 18, 2019.

1. RDP65 Win User

Error Code12 for Synaptics SMBus driver in Device Manager

In Device Manager there is an error (exclamation mark) for Synaptics SMBus driver, it says
    This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

I have tried removing it, updating the driver, uninstalling and restarting but the same error comes back. Attached are screenshots in case anyone ca help I'd be v grateful.

Thanks in advance

can help I'd be very thankful. Error Code12 for Synaptics SMBus driver in Device Manager aa0bf875-f87c-4443-ac24-dde40fb9e452?upload=true.jpg Error Code12 for Synaptics SMBus driver in Device Manager 2a58b27e-e378-4e8f-940f-121c9427621c?upload=true.jpg

***Modified title from: Synaptics SMBus driver error***

:)

RDP65, Dec 18, 2019

2. Synaptics driver update for Synaptics SMBus ClickPad - Error 0x800f0248

Hi,

This issue may occur due to the outdated Synaptic Touchpad
    drivers. Try the below steps and check if it helps.

I would suggest you to download and install the latest Synaptic Touchpad drivers from the device manufacturer’s website and uninstall the Synaptic touchpad drivers and re-install the same again.

Note: Make sure you download and save the Touch Pad driver and installed it before uninstalling the same.

To uninstall Synaptic touchpad drivers, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate Mice and other pointing devices and expand the same.

• Right-click the Synaptic driver and select
      Uninstall. (Note: keep the latest installed Synaptic driver)

• Restart the computer, if prompted.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Dec 18, 2019
  3. Fuzzy Z Win User
    Synaptics - Pointing Drawing - Synaptics SMBus TouchPad - Error 0x80248007

We saw this blog: He also was dealing with a problem with the same driver...

On the road to Windows 10: Problems with forced updates and KB 3073930

exerpt:

"This morning I also received a Synaptics driver

update for the Synaptics SMBus driver. I went

to Device Manager, uninstalled the driver…

and never found it again. Running wushowhide

doesn't list the driver. Rebooting and

clicking "Check for updates" doesn't find

it either. Windows 10 isn't like Windows

8 or 7 (or Vista or XP or 98): There's

no list of patches to choose from.

Like Charlie on the MTA, the Synaptics

driver's no doubt riding forever

‘neath the streets of Boston."

Fuzzy Z, Dec 18, 2019
  4. Error Code12 for Synaptics SMBus driver in Device Manager

synaptics Pointing Device Driver

Try Uninstalling your device first, restart and then Install again.

Step 1:

• Open device manager by right clicking This PC and select Manage. On the left pane, click the same.
    • Under Mouse and pointing devices, right click the synaptics driver and click Uninstall.
    Step 2:

Restart when prompted. Remember, Restart!

Step 3:

Install the synaptics driver again using the setup utility provided by the manufacturer

Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

Error Code12 for Synaptics SMBus driver in Device Manager

1. Error Code12 for Synaptics SMBus driver in Device Manager - Similar Threads - Error Code12 Synaptics

2. Synaptics SMBus Touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Synaptics SMBus Touchpad: The touchpad of my hp laptop suddenly stopped working yesterday and when I check the device manager, at first it was not showing then I clicked show hidden devices then it showed but it's now showing that danger sign on it and i dont know what to do. I tried updating,...
  3. Synaptics SMBus Touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Synaptics SMBus Touchpad: The touchpad of my hp laptop suddenly stopped working yesterday and when I check the device manager, at first it was not showing then I clicked show hidden devices then it showed but it's now showing that danger sign on it and i dont know what to do. I tried updating,...
  4. synaptics smbus driver delay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    synaptics smbus driver delay: hey i used ccleaner driver update now my touchpad has a delay to it after click i tried everything none work anyone know how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/synaptics-smbus-driver-delay/d1322f79-840d-4c8a-94cf-36e9d5718797
  5. Synaptics smbus driver

Synaptics smbus driver: I have something called synaptics smbus driver in device manager with a yellow exclamination mark, what's this and where do i get the drivers for it? 174980
  6. Synaptics smbus driver

in Windows 10 Support
    Synaptics smbus driver: I have something called synaptics smbus driver in device manager with a yellow exclamination mark, what's this and where do i get the drivers for it? 174980
  7. Synaptics SMBus clickpad has a yellow exclamation triangle on device manager...

Synaptics SMBus clickpad has a yellow exclamation triangle on device manager...: Hi team, Love everything except this trouble. Synaptics SMBus clickpad has a yellow exclamation triangle on device manager... I tried update... whatever I do, my clickpad won't work. And this SMBus is found hidden on device manager. Please help. I am Researcher,...
  8. Synaptics SMBus touchpad not in devices

Synaptics SMBus touchpad not in devices: Hello, My Synaptics SMBus touchpad is not in the list of devices in the devicemanager. It has removed itself i think. Of course the touchpad is not working. [ATTACH] Is there any way to add this again....
  9. Synaptics SMBus TouchPad driver update?

Synaptics SMBus TouchPad driver update?: Hi, I have just upgraded an HP 15-af156sa laptop to 1909 18363.815 However, the touchpad is laggy in that about every 2 secs the mouse response stops for a split second then off it goes again and so on The current driver is 19.3.31.31 but a support thread it should be...
  10. Synaptics SMBus driver error

Synaptics SMBus driver error: In Device Manager there is an error (exclamation mark) for Synaptics SMBus driver, it says This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system. I have tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. elan bus driver code 12

2. system devices elan smbus driverdevice manager where