Windows 10: error codes and freezing/random shutdowns

Discus and support error codes and freezing/random shutdowns in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i use a all in one desktop computer with windows 10 on it and lately it has been freezing and restarting unexpectedly with occasional error codes: stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by strife278, Aug 16, 2019.

1. strife278 Win User

error codes and freezing/random shutdowns

i use a all in one desktop computer with windows 10 on it and lately it has been freezing and restarting unexpectedly with occasional error codes: stop watchdog timeout, irql not equal or less and i have tried to fix them myself by uninstalling recent programs and reinstalling them to no avail. and now i am getting black screen and loud beeping.

i cant think of anything else i can try to fix these things, i have ran test from cpu stress tests all the way down to processor tests

:)

strife278, Aug 16, 2019
  2. TIGR Win User

Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

3. random Win User
    Random shutdowns/freezes no errors

Bump

I was able to replicate the random shutdown by doing a prime95 small fft run, it'd last within ten minutes and then crash completely.

Temps on this were

MB - 40
    CPU 50
    Core 1 - 53
    Core 2 - 62
    Core 3 - 61
    Core 4 - 52

I've replaced my power supply already and lowered my clocks to 4ghz along with voltage and am still receiving shutdowns under heavy CPU stress, could it be the CPU itself or the MOtherboard?

random, Aug 16, 2019
  4. error codes and freezing/random shutdowns

Random freezes or shut downs

Hrrmmmm... but wouldnt formatting and reinstalling windows fix the issue since the virus/trojan/spyware isnt on the system any longer?

forumsviewer, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

error codes and freezing/random shutdowns

1. error codes and freezing/random shutdowns - Similar Threads - error codes freezing

2. Computer randomly freezes causing a force shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer randomly freezes causing a force shutdown/restart: My computer randomly freezes causing me to have to force a shutdown or restart. There is no malware and I've tried disabling hardware acceleration in Chrome. I noticed this started happening after the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter was removed in version 1809. My NVIDIA...
  3. random computer shutdowns

random computer shutdowns: my computer has been randomly shutting down. this has been an issue for 3-4 years. through 2 computers. the only thing(s) in common in the computer are the video card(gtx 750 ti) and both have older(pre win10) asus boards. I can't force it to happen, its totally random....
  4. Error accompanying random shutdowns

Error accompanying random shutdowns: My PC has begun randomly shutting down (as if the plug were just pulled, no blue screen or error report) with this event in the event viewer: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power"...
  5. Freezing and shutdown issues.

Freezing and shutdown issues.: Hello everyone, Two days ago my house experienced a blackout, since then my computer experiences frequent freezing and today a crash or something that caused a unexpected shut down. I understand that when power is cut from a computer issues can arise, in this case, most...
  6. Random Shutdowns

Random Shutdowns: So, I work in the I.T. department for a large company and we are all baffled by this new issue. We ordered a handful of OptiPlex 7050's because we need the large case for cards. I installed Windows 10 Enterprise, then I installed a secondary NIC and a NVIDIA QUADRO K620. I...
  7. Computer freezing randomly and one BSoD (error code 133)

Computer freezing randomly and one BSoD (error code 133): Youtube is generally up, happens when gaming sometimes, but not always. The computer will lock up, the sound will lock up and glitch out and then restart. It BSoD once within the first day of having it, error 133. Thanks 107058
  8. Randomly refuses to shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Randomly refuses to shutdown: On occasion my computer won't sleep or shutdown when I tell it too. It will turn itself back on immediately. I upgraded to W10 from W7 back in August 2015. This was never a problem until recently. I check for pending updates when this happens, and there are none showing. If I...
  9. Random shutdowns

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random shutdowns: Good morning, good evening depends when you are reading this. So, i'm running asus x550c windows 10. Recently ive come across to these weird shutdowns. As it seems, my computer will shutdown randomly without any warnings, and when it does shutdown, i can't turn it right back...
  10. Random Shutdowns

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Shutdowns: Laptop, Dell Studio 1555, Previously running Win7 Ultimate and had no issues regarding random shutdowns. Upgraded to Win10 Pro, then wiped drive and clean installed Win10 Pro. No issues during installation. No issues with device drivers. No other software installed....