Windows 10: error codes and freezing/random shutdowns

Discus and support error codes and freezing/random shutdowns in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i use a all in one desktop computer with windows 10 on it and lately it has been freezing and restarting unexpectedly with occasional error codes: stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by strife278, Aug 16, 2019.

1. strife278 Win User

error codes and freezing/random shutdowns

i use a all in one desktop computer with windows 10 on it and lately it has been freezing and restarting unexpectedly with occasional error codes: stop watchdog timeout, irql not equal or less and i have tried to fix them myself by uninstalling recent programs and reinstalling them to no avail. and now i am getting black screen and loud beeping.

i cant think of anything else i can try to fix these things, i have ran test from cpu stress tests all the way down to processor tests

:)

strife278, Aug 16, 2019
  2. TIGR Win User

Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

3. random Win User
    Random shutdowns/freezes no errors

Bump

I was able to replicate the random shutdown by doing a prime95 small fft run, it'd last within ten minutes and then crash completely.

Temps on this were

MB - 40
    CPU 50
    Core 1 - 53
    Core 2 - 62
    Core 3 - 61
    Core 4 - 52

I've replaced my power supply already and lowered my clocks to 4ghz along with voltage and am still receiving shutdowns under heavy CPU stress, could it be the CPU itself or the MOtherboard?

random, Aug 16, 2019
  4. error codes and freezing/random shutdowns

Random freezes or shut downs

Hrrmmmm... but wouldnt formatting and reinstalling windows fix the issue since the virus/trojan/spyware isnt on the system any longer?

forumsviewer, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

error codes and freezing/random shutdowns

1. error codes and freezing/random shutdowns - Similar Threads - error codes freezing

2. Freeze then Shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freeze then Shutdown: This is just one of the details but my pc freezes and the picture below shows the list of the warnings from the event viewer.The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...
  3. random shutdown - This is a hardware memory error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random shutdown - This is a hardware memory error.: kd> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE 12bThis BugCheck indicates that a single bit...
  4. random shutdown - This is a hardware memory error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    random shutdown - This is a hardware memory error.: kd> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE 12bThis BugCheck indicates that a single bit...
  5. Laptop randomly freezes and have to force shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop randomly freezes and have to force shutdown: Hello, I have an ASUS laptop running Windows 10 pro latest build! a few months ago I upgraded my ram by adding an extra 8gb beside my original 4gbnot removable ram. everything was fine for a few days but since then my laptop freezes randomly became unusable like an screenshot...
  6. PC Shutdowns Randomly with an odd system error code

PC Shutdowns Randomly with an odd system error code: My computer is brand new and I've tested the hardware and no thermal throttling occurs at times of shutdown. I went to event viewer manager and saw the same code logged. This is the aforementioned code; The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation...
  7. Random Freezing and Shutdown issue.

Random Freezing and Shutdown issue.: I have this issue for more than a year now. My laptop would freeze randomly ever since I did an update from Windows 1903 to 1909. Not a single update released has fixed this issue for me. I can go a few days just fine. Four days max. And then the issue will come. Sometimes...
  8. Hardware Error - Code 144+ Random Hangs/Freezes

Hardware Error - Code 144+ Random Hangs/Freezes: Hello, A couple of issues are recurring with my PC including: Random hangs/freezes - Screen will freeze and computer will stop receiving input + any audio playing will also freeze and buzz continuously until the computer is forcibly shutdown by holding the power button...
  9. Error accompanying random shutdowns

Error accompanying random shutdowns: My PC has begun randomly shutting down (as if the plug were just pulled, no blue screen or error report) with this event in the event viewer: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power"...
  10. Computer freezing randomly and one BSoD (error code 133)

Computer freezing randomly and one BSoD (error code 133): Youtube is generally up, happens when gaming sometimes, but not always. The computer will lock up, the sound will lock up and glitch out and then restart. It BSoD once within the first day of having it, error 133. Thanks 107058