Windows 10: Error Copying File or Folder, The requested resource is in use

Discus and support Error Copying File or Folder, The requested resource is in use in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you receive Error Copying File or Folder, The requested resource is in use, message when copying files or folders from one disk to another,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 18, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Error Copying File or Folder, The requested resource is in use

WinClub, May 18, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, May 18, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, May 18, 2020
  4. Error Copying File or Folder, The requested resource is in use

Need help to solve EROR COPYING FILE OR FOLDER. THE REQUESTED RESOURCE IS IN USE.

I updated my computer to windows 10 last week. I had windows 8 before and had no problems transferring

pics and videos to an external hard drive. However after installing windows 10, every tie when I tried to transfer videos from my cell phone to the external drive. These messages ERROR COPYING FILE OR FOLDER. THE REQUESTED RESOURCE IS IN USE came up.
    Tried to turn off/on both cell phone and computer, didn't help. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you

folkdancer52, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Error Copying File or Folder, The requested resource is in use

1. Error Copying File or Folder, The requested resource is in use - Similar Threads - Error Copying File

2. Error copying file or folders occurs stating " The requested value cannot be determined"....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error copying file or folders occurs stating " The requested value cannot be determined"....: In 2020 I created a 'phone dump' folder on my PC to empty phone android of pictures. I performed the same operation in 2021 worked great again. However in 2022, I just attempted to do the same thing but now the an error copying file or folders occurs stating " The requested...
  3. Error copying file or folders occurs stating " The requested value cannot be determined"....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error copying file or folders occurs stating " The requested value cannot be determined"....: In 2020 I created a 'phone dump' folder on my PC to empty phone android of pictures. I performed the same operation in 2021 worked great again. However in 2022, I just attempted to do the same thing but now the an error copying file or folders occurs stating " The requested...
  4. File Copies in Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Copies in Folders: Using WIN not using One Drive -I made a new folder to copy certain documents into it to have a folder dedicated for a specific topic. I copied the files from one folder to the next. I made some changes to the names of the files. I closed the folder. When I reopened it later...
  5. Error 0x80070032, The request is not supported when copying files

in Windows 10 News
    Error 0x80070032, The request is not supported when copying files: [ATTACH]If you get Error 0x80070032, The request is not supported error when copying files on Windows 11/10, here is how you can fix the issue. It could happen due to various reasons, and this article explains almost all the possible solutions so that you can get rid of the...
  6. Error 0x800700AA:the requested resource is in use

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error 0x800700AA:the requested resource is in use: I was trying to copy photos from my phone to pc and this error comes up. What can I do? submitted by /u/Topsanopsa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k7p9bi/error_0x800700aathe_requested_resource_is_in_use/
  7. Error copying file or folder, The requested value cannot be determined

in Windows 10 News
    Error copying file or folder, The requested value cannot be determined: [ATTACH]If you see an error message The requested value cannot be determined when copying a file or folder from iPhone or Android phone on Windows […] This article Error copying file or folder, The requested value cannot be determined first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  8. "Requested resource is in use" error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Requested resource is in use" error: So, I tried to move some photos from my android device to my computer. I move videos like that frequently with no problems, but now I got the error message "Requested resource is in use" and I can't move it. I don't have the preview pane on. Some people said that disabling...
  9. the requested resource is in use

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    the requested resource is in use: my windows defender wont turn back on. i cant factory reset. i cant install any antivirus or anything. i believe i have a rootkit. i would love it if someone on this planet could help me remove this virus....
  10. "Resources Already In Use" Error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Resources Already In Use" Error: All, I uninstalled my Antivirus software program because I purchased a license for BitDefender. The problem is I can't install anything. When I double click on the .exe file I get an error message stating "resource already in use" Now I'm stuck with no Antivirus program...