Windows 10: Error copying file or folder, The requested value cannot be determined

Discus and support Error copying file or folder, The requested value cannot be determined in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you see an error message The requested value cannot be determined when copying a file or folder from iPhone or Android phone on Windows […]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 7, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Error copying file or folder, The requested value cannot be determined

WinClub, Sep 7, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Error copying file or folder, The requested value cannot be determined

Delicieuxz, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

Error copying file or folder, The requested value cannot be determined

1. Error copying file or folder, The requested value cannot be determined - Similar Threads - Error copying file

2. Error copying file or folders occurs stating " The requested value cannot be determined"....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error copying file or folders occurs stating " The requested value cannot be determined"....: In 2020 I created a 'phone dump' folder on my PC to empty phone android of pictures. I performed the same operation in 2021 worked great again. However in 2022, I just attempted to do the same thing but now the an error copying file or folders occurs stating " The requested...
  3. Error copying file or folders occurs stating " The requested value cannot be determined"....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error copying file or folders occurs stating " The requested value cannot be determined"....: In 2020 I created a 'phone dump' folder on my PC to empty phone android of pictures. I performed the same operation in 2021 worked great again. However in 2022, I just attempted to do the same thing but now the an error copying file or folders occurs stating " The requested...
  4. File Copies in Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Copies in Folders: Using WIN not using One Drive -I made a new folder to copy certain documents into it to have a folder dedicated for a specific topic. I copied the files from one folder to the next. I made some changes to the names of the files. I closed the folder. When I reopened it later...
  5. Error 0x80070032, The request is not supported when copying files

in Windows 10 News
    Error 0x80070032, The request is not supported when copying files: [ATTACH]If you get Error 0x80070032, The request is not supported error when copying files on Windows 11/10, here is how you can fix the issue. It could happen due to various reasons, and this article explains almost all the possible solutions so that you can get rid of the...
  6. Error 0x800704C8 when copying Files, Requested operation cannot be performed

in Windows 10 News
    Error 0x800704C8 when copying Files, Requested operation cannot be performed: Many users are experiencing an error when they try to copy a file, saying Error 0x800704C8: The Requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open. This error is usually because of lack of permission or if a third-party application is...
  7. Shared Folders & Files - Cannot Copy & Paste

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared Folders & Files - Cannot Copy & Paste: Using File Explorer, after copying a folder or file on a P/C or Laptop it cannot be pasted to a top level shared folder on another P/C or Laptop on the Network. When attempting to past to a top level folder on the second machine there is no 'Paste' option displayed. It is...
  8. Cannot copy file or folder

Cannot copy file or folder: Hey guys, I have an Android phone and a windows pc with 2TB harddrive ,i have to copy files from android to pc but I have encountered an error saying "Error copying File or folder" -> "The requested resource is in use" Help me with this issue guy's and formatting the disk...
  9. Error Copying File or Folder, The requested resource is in use

in Windows 10 News
    Error Copying File or Folder, The requested resource is in use: [ATTACH]If you receive Error Copying File or Folder, The requested resource is in use, message when copying files or folders from one disk to another, […] This article Error Copying File or Folder, The requested resource is in use first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  10. The requested value cannot be determined error message

The requested value cannot be determined error message: I've been researching for weeks regarding this problem. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+ and have tried with various USB2.0 and 3.0 and firewire cables to copy documents and photos from both internal and external storage to Windows 10 laptops. Every other version of Windows...