Windows 10: Error Copying PST File from DVD

Discus and support Error Copying PST File from DVD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently got a new work email account, and wanted to import all my old emails. I knew that I would no longer have access to my old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jeanette Tobasco-Beyer, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Error Copying PST File from DVD

Hello,

I have recently got a new work email account, and wanted to import all my old emails. I knew that I would no longer have access to my old account files and emails, so I exported everything I needed from Outlook into a PST File and copped it to a DVD+R DL. However, when I try to copy the PST file to my computer, it says: "Can't read from the source file or disk." I have been able to successfully copy several other types of files from the same DVD, and the PST file is not marked as "Read Only". I have tried on multiple computers, and have continually received the same error.

Error Copying PST File from DVD ce7cf355-3cb9-40f3-a088-b126de0352ed?upload=true.png

I have also tried Importing the file directly into Outlook from the DVD, but receive the error "File access is denied." How can I fix this?

:)

Jeanette Tobasco-Beyer, Apr 21, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Outlook PST File Problem

That is exactly what I was going to suggest. Export everything to another PST file, delete the old(or rather move it out of the default folder) and replace it with the new PST file that you exported.

newtekie1, Apr 21, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    PST Outlook file backup fails

Hello Manuel,

Using a 3rd party software may sometimes cause errors due to compatibility issues. We suggest that you try backing up your PST files using the steps provided on this article:
    How to manage .pst files in Microsoft Outlook and refer to the section
    How to make a backup copy of a .pst file.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Error Copying PST File from DVD

DVD copy

Hello,

Thank you for replying back with the status of this issue.

I would suggest you to copy the movie files from your DVD on your computer hard disk by opening the drive in the computer. You may follow the steps below -

• Insert the DVD in the CD\DVD drive.
    • Open computer, click on DVD drive, and Select the files you want to copy. To select all files, press Ctrl and A keys together, to select files randomly press Ctrl and left mouse click on the file.
    • Right click on the selected files, click on copy.
    • Select the location where you want to save those files, right click and paste it.
    Then you may insert the blank DVD and burn the disk using the Windows DVD Maker. You may refer to the below link for assistance in burning the DVD and other details -

Burn a CD or DVD in Windows DVD Maker -

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/burn-cd-dvd-media-player#1TC=windows-10

Hope this helps. Let us know the results.

Arul_D, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Error Copying PST File from DVD

1. Error Copying PST File from DVD - Similar Threads - Error Copying PST

2. Error Copying Outlook PST files to Box.com Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Copying Outlook PST files to Box.com Desktop Folder: Hello,I'm working with Win11 Pro.I am attempting to copy an Outlook PST file to my Box Desktop Sync Folder and I continue to receive the error that the file is either invalid, or the path is too long.I have run RegEdit and GPEdit.msc, enabling long paths in both cases....
  3. Error Copying Outlook PST files to Box.com Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Copying Outlook PST files to Box.com Desktop Folder: Hello,I'm working with Win11 Pro.I am attempting to copy an Outlook PST file to my Box Desktop Sync Folder and I continue to receive the error that the file is either invalid, or the path is too long.I have run RegEdit and GPEdit.msc, enabling long paths in both cases....
  4. Downloading .PST file from OneDrive

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Downloading .PST file from OneDrive: When I try to download a copy of my outlook.pst file, I get an error saying the download was stop because this file could damage my Surface. Is there a way how to get this .pst file from OneDrive to my Surface? Thank you. 182395
  5. Boot DVD to copy files from crashing W10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot DVD to copy files from crashing W10?: My windows 10 loads up but crashes every time within the first 30 seconds or so (even in safe mode). I suspect the SSD has become corrupted or faulty. I have a lot of folders on the boot drive I stupidly hadn't backed up and I want to save before reinstalling from scratch on...
  6. .pst file problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .pst file problem: Hi, I have .pst files that I have but it can't open it with Microsoft Mail... Is it normal and how can I use my .pst files ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pst-file-problem/673a801a-b22d-43cb-a4be-ad80e343af19
  7. PST files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PST files.: Can I open an old PST Outlook file from Office Professions 2016's Outlook app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pst-files/39e1ead4-b0b7-49f7-b1b0-9b6fd96fa979"
  8. .pst files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    .pst files: I was trying to move folders from the document folder to a flash drive, and I screwed it up as usual. Out of nowhere appeared a massive file labeled as an "outlook .pst" file in the document folder. I don't even use outlook, so what is it and should I delete it?...
  9. copying damaged files from CD/DVD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    copying damaged files from CD/DVD?: Is there a rugged copy program that can copy a partially corrupted file (*.mpg) from a CD/DVD onto your H/D? What happens is that when the normal windows copy operation encounters that portion of the DVD that is faulty, it tries over and over again (endlessly, it seems) and...
  10. Copy ISO file to DVD

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy ISO file to DVD: I have the windows 10 ISO file on my hard drive and am trying to copy it do a DVD+R. But I get a message that tells me that the DVD has to be formatted to NTFS. When I try to format I don't have a NTFS option. Isn't there a way to move the iso form my hard drive to the DVD?...