Windows 10: Error creating folder

Discus and support Error creating folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently, a folder I had on a backup drive disappeared. No problem cause I can rebuild it. The folder was named "Techie Stuff". When I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeteG1978, Sep 16, 2020.

1. PeteG1978 Win User

Error creating folder

Recently, a folder I had on a backup drive disappeared. No problem cause I can rebuild it. The folder was named "Techie Stuff". When I try to rebuild the folder Right Click --> New Folder --> type in the new folder name, I get an error telling me that I cannot rename the folder because the directory already contains a subdirectory named "Downloads". The problem is that I wasn't naming the new folder "Downloads". I was naming it "Techie Stuff". Instead, it offers to "merge" the folders. Why the error????

I've tried about a dozen times. Same error. I disconected and then reconnected the backup drive. Same error. I restarted my computer. Same error. I created two new folders giving the name Techie Stuff to the second one. Same error.

I can name a new folder anything I want except for using an existing name, using a reserve word or using "Techie Stuff".

By the way, when browsing around, I found the full contents of my old Techie Stuff folder located in you guessed it Downloads. I can also rename Downloads to Techie Stuff and back. I just cannot create a new folder and name it "Techie Stuff". Why?

Anyone have a solution for this really weird problem?

Thanks!

:)

PeteG1978, Sep 16, 2020

2. Cannot perform backup...Windows asks to create a folder

I am having problems with the back up files, and every time i get a back up i get this message ( Create the missing folder "
    C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\OneDrive\CATS 6A", as listed in the error message). Create a missing folder was suggested by one of the community members, Pls let me know the steps to follow in order to create a missing folder.

Thanks,

Mac

siamaksadjedi, Sep 16, 2020
  3. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 16, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Error creating folder

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Error creating folder

1. Error creating folder - Similar Threads - Error creating folder

2. Creating a new folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a new folder: Every time I create a new file it is created in the cloud.I don't want it created in the cloud.I want it created on my C: drive with all my other files.How do I tell the system to create the new file on my C: drive?Thanks for any help with this.KEN...
  3. For solving the error of "creating new folders."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    For solving the error of "creating new folders.": Hello everyone, I am in trouble! i am unable to create a folder from context menu on anywhere. Please make me solve this issue so that i can create folders as it is really important for me. I have recently installed office 2019 official from the Microsoft website with...
  4. CREATE FOLDER

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CREATE FOLDER: WHILE TRYING TO CREATE A NEW FOLDER WITH RIGHT CLICK ON DESKTOP THE NEW TAB IS TOO SLOW AND SOMETIMES LAGGING. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-folder/907a0ad7-91b8-4cb5-9793-a03a25fbdadf
  5. CREATING A NEW FOLDER

CREATING A NEW FOLDER: I am unable to create a new folder on any of drives using Windows 10 anyone had this issue or know a fix for it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-new-folder/258c0742-8a52-4391-bad5-5f9bb36ca7a0"
  6. create new folder

create new folder: I cant create a new folder in windows 10 in my pictures. how do I fix this.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-new-folder/cbc88120-c637-451f-9adf-def7e54748fa"
  7. Creating folder on desktop redirected folders error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Creating folder on desktop redirected folders error: A member of staff wanted to clean up his desktop and started messing with the folders. Unfortunately he does not remember what he did prior to the error. His desktop is full up of icons and now when right clicking and adding new folder he gets the message below. [ATTACH]...
  8. Create folder for filing

Create folder for filing: Hi I am new to HP Powerful x 360 . Want to learn how to create folder for filing in window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-folder-for-filing/8a03b6da-36af-474c-88a7-ea210e5667e0"
  9. Get an error when trying to create a folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Get an error when trying to create a folder: When I try to make a new folder, my system informs me that “This is no longer located in C:/Users/name. Verify the items location and try again.” I receive this message even when I want to delete anything....
  10. Unable To Create Or Delete A Folder And Getting Error.

Unable To Create Or Delete A Folder And Getting Error.: Whenever I go to make a new folder, for example, on my desktop or inside another folder, it says "This is no longer located in C:/Users/name. Verify the items location and try again. It even says tis when I try to delete some things. ***Edited Original Title From: Verify...